[Home Hardware] KN95 Disposable 5-Layer Face Mask (20-Pack) - $47.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:04 pm
[OP]
May 26, 2020
83 posts
221 upvotes

[Home Hardware] KN95 Disposable 5-Layer Face Mask (20-Pack) - $47.99

Still the best price I've seen vs. competitors for a 20-pack. I've ordered these and can vouch for their quality (even fit my above average head).

Each mask is individually packaged in a larger box, making it great for days where you're out for long stretches or want to know you have a backup.

Store pickup is usually available in 4-5 business days. Add on a cheap item for free shipping ($50 pre-tax).
124 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1605 posts
493 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
thanks OP. Would you please upload a picture fot the box? I'm wondering if it's the the same as the one sold in
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3078 posts
1052 upvotes
Ottawa
Glad to see they're coming readily available, and hopefully cheaper Costco was 64.99 just Saturday, so drop to 54.99 is welcome.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3395 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the Korean equivalent are also being sold in Canada?They got the perfect design and durability.
====================================
[OP]
May 26, 2020
83 posts
221 upvotes
These ones have actually been available at $47.99 for at least three weeks now. I was surprised no one had posted about it when I searched today, great value.
Jun 18, 2017
396 posts
271 upvotes
Those looks like the ones they were handing out in Banff yesturday. Was surprised to see they were giving out kn95 instead of the basic blue surgical mask styles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5835 posts
548 upvotes
Vancouver
AriGold89 wrote: These ones have actually been available at $47.99 for at least three weeks now. I was surprised no one had posted about it when I searched today, great value.
So it was $2 cheaper not long ago? Does it say where it was made in on the the box? I have been using those blue surgical masks once a week. How long do you think I can reuse them for? Is this the same as those just say N95?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2470 posts
3156 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Homer001 wrote: Those looks like the ones they were handing out in Banff yesturday. Was surprised to see they were giving out kn95 instead of the basic blue surgical mask styles.
I recall in the news Alberta was ahead of the other provinces tracking the virus long before it surfaced in Canada and took action to stock up. It was in the news that Alberta a couple months ago gave something like IIRC 100,000 (I think N95) masks to each to Ontario, Quebec, and I forgot the last province with huge numbers. So being already a prepared province they probably had lots of surplus stock thus why I think that's why they handed those out at the Banff Park.

EDIT:

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/c ... ec-and-b-c
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Jun 18, 2017
396 posts
271 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I recall in the news Alberta was ahead of the other provinces tracking the virus long before it surfaced in Canada and took action to stock up. It was in the news that Alberta a couple months ago gave something like IIRC 100,000 (I think N95) masks to each to Ontario, Quebec, and I forgot the last province with huge numbers. So being already a prepared province they probably had lots of surplus stock thus why I think that's why they handed those out at the Banff Park.

EDIT:

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/c ... ec-and-b-c
They handed out like 5 million masks through McDonald’s, tims and aw but those were just the blue ones. The ymca I’m at know has a bunch they are giving out with the Alberta logo on it on the pouch, thinking Banff maybe got their own or they are from the stockpile. Who knows.

Moght grab a pack of these for when I need to go to someplace more riskier as it will also protect me
[OP]
May 26, 2020
83 posts
221 upvotes
jtcb wrote: So it was $2 cheaper not long ago? Does it say where it was made in on the the box? I have been using those blue surgical masks once a week. How long do you think I can reuse them for? Is this the same as those just say N95?
Made in China, distributed by Fusion, which is based in Cambridge, ON.

This is the equivalent of an N95. I don't reuse them ever, nor is it advised to. Only use them for medical appointments or when venturing to what I consider more high-risk areas.

Even with the blue surgical ones, those are intended to be single-use masks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8063 posts
4560 upvotes
Kootenays
jtcb wrote: So it was $2 cheaper not long ago? Does it say where it was made in on the the box? I have been using those blue surgical masks once a week. How long do you think I can reuse them for? Is this the same as those just say N95?
We use N95 masks in our fire department and were advised, with the current shortages, we can reuse ours up to 10 times and an accumulated 10 hours, if we store them in paper bags in our lockers between uses.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5835 posts
548 upvotes
Vancouver
AriGold89 wrote: Made in China, distributed by Fusion, which is based in Cambridge, ON.

This is the equivalent of an N95. I don't reuse them ever, nor is it advised to. Only use them for medical appointments or when venturing to what I consider more high-risk areas.

Even with the blue surgical ones, those are intended to be single-use masks.
Is there any expiry date on the box that you got? Does it matter?