Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] KN95 Disposable 5-Layer Face Mask (20-Pack) - $47.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:04 pm
[OP]
May 26, 2020
102 posts
311 upvotes
jtcb wrote: Is there any expiry date on the box that you got? Does it matter?
Manufacture Date: May 2020
Expiry Date: May 2022
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41249 posts
6428 upvotes
@AriGold89 Do people with glasses have issues with the glasses being fogged up with these?
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 4, 2004
9218 posts
1792 upvotes
Montreal
djemzine wrote: @AriGold89 Do people with glasses have issues with the glasses being fogged up with these?
If they are put on properly they should seal your entire mouth and nose and will not fog up your glasses.

If it fogs up your glasses, you don't have the KN95/N95 mask on properly and you can breathe in the virus if it's around you.

There are many YouTube videos on how to properly put it on AND preform a seal check:

Anybody see the company name on the box, I want to look up if these masks are certified (many bad quality/fake KN95 masks out there).
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41249 posts
6428 upvotes
yuprules wrote: If they are put on properly they should seal your entire mouth and nose and will not fog up your glasses.

If it fogs up your glasses, you don't have the KN95/N95 mask on properly and you can breathe in the virus if it's around you.

There are many YouTube videos on how to properly put it on AND preform a seal check:

Anybody see the company name on the box, I want to look up if these masks are certified (many bad quality/fake KN95 masks out there).
Thanks for the tips.
Proud to be an Indian.
6 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone have any experiences comparing KN95 to the N95 masks? Thanks!
Nov 30, 2016
429 posts
389 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
ELI5 should I be getting these instead of the disposable surgical ones?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1643 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: Now seems like every type of masks is in stock and with reasonable price point. I am wondering if the government didn't recommend or enforce the use of mask a few months ago is due to the lack of stock..
I still remember my co-worker (50+ yr old Caucasian) arguing with me back in February that masks don't work and that the governments/doctors advise people not to wear a mask.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3360 posts
2035 upvotes
Vancouver
yuprules wrote:
Of course that isn't true.

Your exhalation through the respirator can cause fogging of eyewear. Otherwise, 3M would not need to introduce their Aura series of N95 respirators more than 5 years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9218 posts
1792 upvotes
Montreal
Spinner wrote: Of course that isn't true.

Your exhalation through the respirator can cause fogging of eyewear. Otherwise, 3M would not need to introduce their Aura series of N95 respirators more than 5 years ago.
You are correct, obviously if breathe out, some moisture will escape and fog up your glasses. However, not as much as say a cloth mask or surgical mask with gaps at the top and sides.

By the way, you should not wear an Aura series of respirators or any other one that has a filter. It only filters INCOMING AIR and not OUTGOING air, so you aren't protecting other people (just yourself).
https://healthnewshub.org/health-news-h ... -covid-19/
Jul 25, 2019
276 posts
96 upvotes
Anyone know where in Toronto I can pick up a couple of these masks, in the next couple of days? Have a domestic flight coming up in a few days and the mask I was planning on wearing does not fit (too large).

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4190 posts
1084 upvotes
Charlottetown
In for a box, with a package of pens for filler. Thanks OP. Now to get my money back from AMRE, whom i ordered from on June 26 and didn't ship yet.
Feb 24, 2006
52 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Be weary of this 3M N95 Knock off mask. Theres a recall on this type

“The recalled masks are made to the Chinese standard, KN95, which is also supposed to filter out more than 95 per cent of particulates. But NIOSH tests found that some masks filtered out as little as one per cent“

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.5568734
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1805 posts
123 upvotes
Southern ontario
Spinner wrote: Of course that isn't true.

if your glasses fogs up when using KN95/N95 masks, you have holes around the nose area and the mask is not a good fit for your face or you are not wearing it properly. in order to use the kn95/n95 you should get fit tested. Every medical personnel in the hospital are fit tested to make sure there are no leaks.
Oct 31, 2010
347 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
AriGold89 wrote: This is the exact box I received. Image
Are there other labels on that box? Manufacturer, distributor?
Nov 21, 2016
96 posts
79 upvotes
abbotsford
tenthirteen78 wrote: Be weary of this 3M N95 Knock off mask. Theres a recall on this type

“The recalled masks are made to the Chinese standard, KN95, which is also supposed to filter out more than 95 per cent of particulates. But NIOSH tests found that some masks filtered out as little as one per cent“

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.5568734
You say there’s a recall on this type, but can you confirm how you know the masks in this deal are of this recall?

I couldn’t find any info on “Fusion” brand masks being a company in the recall