Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] KN95 Disposable 5-Layer Face Mask (20-Pack) - $47.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:04 pm
Nov 17, 2017
137 posts
213 upvotes
Like other users have commented hospitals fit test their staff every 1- 2 years because there are like 12 different sizes of N95’s A small framed female won’t wear the same as a man, even 2 men same sort of build might not fit the same size based on your facial structure. Plus when they fit test they have us moving around for 60 secs, then turn your head for 60 secs then talk loudly for 60 secs. While spraying a terrible tasting, smelling liquid being aersolized in your face. Weight loss or gain of 20 lbs and you change size in my experience.
Please don’t s@$t on my parade
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto
Sassy2424 wrote: Like other users have commented hospitals fit test their staff every 1- 2 years because there are like 12 different sizes of N95’s A small framed female won’t wear the same as a man, even 2 men same sort of build might not fit the same size based on your facial structure. Plus when they fit test they have us moving around for 60 secs, then turn your head for 60 secs then talk loudly for 60 secs. While spraying a terrible tasting, smelling liquid being aersolized in your face. Weight loss or gain of 20 lbs and you change size in my experience.
stimy wrote: Why is it better to store in paper bags?
To allow moisture to evaporate.
Jan 5, 2003
230 posts
56 upvotes
Edmonton
slimysnot wrote: Anyone tried these for woodworking?
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Is this what contractors are using for wood and drywall these days? And with everyone doing projects around the house, a cloth mask don't cut it.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1343 posts
1249 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Actual output in Canada will be nowhere near 100 million masks a year. It's a nice photo op and political announcement, but the plant will only hire 30 people. That's because the real bottleneck is the meltblown plastic, which is all manufactured outside Canada.
I 100% agree. There is some Quebec place thats making 20m a year as well max.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1343 posts
1249 upvotes
ProfProcyon wrote: Does Costco carry *n95 in-store? If not, which chain does?
No one carries it. It goes to the medical community right now. Don't be so selfish.
Nov 12, 2011
733 posts
274 upvotes
Ontario
If anyone comes acroos air Queen nano masks, don't bother they sent me expired masks. Says expiration date is the printed one and it says 2020 April.
Images
  • 20200831_090749.jpg
Mar 15, 2019
700 posts
868 upvotes
willy156 wrote: If anyone comes acroos air Queen nano masks, don't bother they sent me expired masks. Says expiration date is the printed one and it says 2020 April.
Most products state Manufacture Date on the package.

Google Translate gave the answer : "Manufactured Date".

DO NOT spread INFORMATION if you don't know it's true / false.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
347 upvotes
The surgical masks that home depot sells, are they superior to cloth masks? They are used for home Reno etc. Sort of look like n95 but one elastic and metal for nose.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
kalani13291 wrote: The surgical masks that home depot sells, are they superior to cloth masks? They are used for home Reno etc. Sort of look like n95 but one elastic and metal for nose.
Don't some cloth masks like sold by Old Navy, and other shops have no filters? Only advantage is that they're washable and such. I haven't seen any filters in them.
Proud to be an Indian.
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto
Sassy2424 wrote: Like other users have commented hospitals fit test their staff every 1- 2 years because there are like 12 different sizes of N95’s A small framed female won’t wear the same as a man, even 2 men same sort of build might not fit the same size based on your facial structure. Plus when they fit test they have us moving around for 60 secs, then turn your head for 60 secs then talk loudly for 60 secs. While spraying a terrible tasting, smelling liquid being aersolized in your face. Weight loss or gain of 20 lbs and you change size in my experience.
djemzine wrote: Don't some cloth masks like sold by Old Navy, and other shops have no filters? Only advantage is that they're washable and such. I haven't seen any filters in them.
People add their own paper filters inside these. There are instructions online recommending certain types of products as good filter material, e.g. Zepp shop towels or vacuum cleaner bag material.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1572 posts
685 upvotes
Canada
kalani13291 wrote: The surgical masks that home depot sells, are they superior to cloth masks? They are used for home Reno etc. Sort of look like n95 but one elastic and metal for nose.
Surgical masks would not resemble a N95 (unless you are talking about the molded dust masks, which as the name implies, only meant for general cleaning). Medical grade surgical masks are plenty these days ... disposable-masks-medical-grade-2388891/
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
347 upvotes
These masks have no metal nose piece and go around the ears. Don't fit snugly at all. Rfd, u let me down.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto
kalani13291 wrote: These masks have no metal nose piece and go around the ears. Don't fit snugly at all. Rfd, u let me down.
The ones I got had a bendable nose gripper, not sure if it's metal. My glasses don't fog.

I never liked the concept of the ear loop style, but I've gotten used to it. I broke a lot of the other style of elastic band, getting the strap over my fat head.