Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] Milwaukee 7.0 amp 4 1/2-inch Small Angle Grinder $59.97

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2020 10:33 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 27, 2012
93 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Hardware] Milwaukee 7.0 amp 4 1/2-inch Small Angle Grinder $59.97

price match homedepot for additional 10% off, brings this down to $53
Images
  • Capture.PNG
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
13 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1331 posts
3872 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
It's home hardware. As much as I would love to support this Canadian company, their website is terrible and needs to be severely updated in order to draw in more people. This "select a store for pricing.... Please enter postal code" garbage needs to go. I would gladly pay a few bucks more for an item if was a simple as many other sites out there.
What's in your wallet?
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2008
910 posts
609 upvotes
Airdrie
2 at my local store, I was hoping to get a cordless, but this is a good price. Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
3270 posts
956 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
This is very tempting. I’ve really been hoping to get a cordless grinder but the price will never be anywhere near this. It’s in stock near me so I just might have to jump on this.
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2008
910 posts
609 upvotes
Airdrie
Picked mine up today, nice little unit.

If you are planning on using this right away make sure you grab a wheel or two, it doesnt come with any.
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2019
138 posts
98 upvotes
These are great grinders.

I have one from most of the major manufacturers, and this one performs as well at the DeWalt that lists at twice the price, and is miles better than the Bosch, Makita and Ryobi ones.

I don’t have a Fein or Metabo, but those are probably not in the budget for most other hobbyists anyway.
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2019
138 posts
98 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: This is very tempting. I’ve really been hoping to get a cordless grinder but the price will never be anywhere near this. It’s in stock near me so I just might have to jump on this.
You have to spend like 6 times the price on a cordless unit to get one that performs as well.

I have the M18 Fuel 4.5”/5” and it does not cut as well as this 7amp corded unit does. I know they have an updated version of the cordless one though, so that might be more comparable, and the bigger M18 are equal, but are also over $300 bare-tool the last time I looked.

Grinders also suck batteries down like crazy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
3270 posts
956 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
just9038 wrote: You have to spend like 6 times the price on a cordless unit to get one that performs as well.

I have the M18 Fuel 4.5”/5” and it does not cut as well as this 7amp corded unit does. I know they have an updated version of the cordless one though, so that might be more comparable, and the bigger M18 are equal, but are also over $300 bare-tool the last time I looked.

Grinders also suck batteries down like crazy.
Oh I know. I’m very much struggling to decide what to do. For my limited use I think I can get by with a cordless and a high capacity battery and would greatly appreciate the cordless convenience, however the price and performance of this option is hard to overlook. I’m stumped.
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2019
138 posts
98 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: Oh I know. I’m very much struggling to decide what to do. For my limited use I think I can get by with a cordless and a high capacity battery and would greatly appreciate the cordless convenience, however the price and performance of this option is hard to overlook. I’m stumped.
Are you already invested into a battery ecosystem?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
3270 posts
956 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
just9038 wrote: Are you already invested into a battery ecosystem?
Yes, Ridgid 18V. I have 10 batteries and a half dozen tools. I only have 1 4aH at the moment though but want a 6 the next time I find a good deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
1410 posts
369 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: Yes, Ridgid 18V. I have 10 batteries and a half dozen tools. I only have 1 4aH at the moment though but want a 6 the next time I find a good deal.
Keep an eye out for HD clearance deals. I scored a cordless octane grinder for about $150 with a 6 amp battery. I bought it primarily for the battery but I find myself using the grinder very often. I absolutely love it, use it to cut steel... cope crown, trim plastic... So handy.
Member
Feb 11, 2009
223 posts
56 upvotes
how do you guys price match with HD these days? I cannot see the live chat option anywhere and made sure my ad blocker is disabled.

thx
Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2019
272 posts
212 upvotes
I just bought the cheap Powerfirst 5" one from Princess Auto for $37, but this seems like a better deal considering I use a 4.5" disc anyways.

Top