• Apr 16th, 2021 7:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1006 posts
4513 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Hardware] MILWAUKEE Power Driver Bit Set - 42 Piece + Case for $12.47

• This heavy duty set contains an assortment of driver bits for everyday use and rare applications
  • Magnetic drive guide helps reduce slipping and wobble by holding long fasteners in place while the sleeve retracts as the screw is driven into the material
  • Driving bits are designed for quick change applications
  • Premium, grade S2 tool steel
  • 42 pieces
40 replies
Dec 3, 2016
10 posts
3 upvotes
immad01 wrote:
  • This heavy duty set contains an assortment of driver bits for everyday use and rare applications
  • Magnetic drive guide helps reduce slipping and wobble by holding long fasteners in place while the sleeve retracts as the screw is driven into the material
  • Driving bits are designed for quick change applications
  • Premium, grade S2 tool steel
  • 42 pieces
Probably very dumb question. Are drill specific brand specific? Or, can I use these for let's say Dewalt tools?
Jun 30, 2013
899 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
sachinvbagade wrote: Probably very dumb question. Are drill specific brand specific? Or, can I use these for let's say Dewalt tools?
These bits would work in any 1/4" hex bit chuck - they're universal.

Milwaukee makes quality bits.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
sachinvbagade wrote: Probably very dumb question. Are drill specific brand specific? Or, can I use these for let's say Dewalt tools?
They aren't brand-specific. You can use them with any drill. All bits have a 1/4” hex shank and are able to fit into keyed, keyless, or 1/4” (6.35mm) hex drive chucks.
❗
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2353 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
Does HD still do 10% price beat in Ontario during this lockdown?
May 8, 2016
390 posts
599 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: Need impact rated.
I believe it is impact rated. Did I miss something?

From its description: Milwaukee's 48-32-1551 42-Piece S2 Impact Duty Driver Bit Set is engineered for extreme durability
Dec 26, 2017
551 posts
421 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Great advice - s...w Canadian company and use their price to support US Home Depot. We don't need need more competition, HD can do it alone.
i think you would do a better job telling people to buy Canadian without the sarcasm.
Jun 30, 2013
899 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: Great advice - s...w Canadian company and use their price to support US Home Depot. We don't need need more competition, HD can do it alone.
It's definitely great to support Canadian companies, when practicable

That being said, my closest HH is a much further drive than the closest HD, and also has very limited weekday hours for a hardware store (9 - 6?!)
Aug 15, 2007
583 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
springrain wrote: I believe it is impact rated. Did I miss something?

From its description: Milwaukee's 48-32-1551 42-Piece S2 Impact Duty Driver Bit Set is engineered for extreme durability
Milwaukee's impact rated bits have always been black from what I've seen. The description on HH's site does not match that on Milwaukee's site for the same part # (doesn't mention impact). Maybe HH used the wrong description?
May 8, 2016
390 posts
599 upvotes
ff_29 wrote: Milwaukee's impact rated bits have always been black from what I've seen. The description on HH's site does not match that on Milwaukee's site for the same part # (doesn't mention impact). Maybe HH used the wrong description?
Correct. Milwaukee website did not mention impact rated.

The description on HD website is the same as HH’s.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4906 posts
1512 upvotes
Impact-rated, not impact rated.

Guys, it's 42 bits for $12. These aren't your daily driver. It's for that odd time you need a random P3 bit to drive a tapcon.
Let's hug it out
Jul 13, 2008
142 posts
171 upvotes
Hey guys going to weigh in here as I’m a pretty heavy user of bits.

I think the best bit set I have is a Milwaukee 60 or something piece set for 30 dollars. What you’re looking for is AS MANY HEX LOCKERS as possible. The other ones are what I call filler bits so brands can up their marketing “bit count”. I personally toss these fillers in a bin and use them as a last resort if I really run out.

I personally like the shockwave series of Milwaukee and I believe they are one the the only brands out there still making them in the US.

Bits will break don’t get me wrong, but I’ve done jobs where I’ve melted up to 5 S2/S3 Mikita bits and I’ve done similar jobs where I’ve only used maybe 2 of the Milwaukee ones. Worn bits will just strip your screws and it sucks to have one not drive all the way through and completely stripped (get a hammer out)

So just my 2 cents but look for sets around 30 dollars that have as little filler bits as possible. Longer bits are also valuable and more rare. I think my last set also included 2 sockets and 4 quick change sockets so even better.
Aug 15, 2007
583 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
RCGA wrote: Impact-rated, not impact rated.

Guys, it's 42 bits for $12. These aren't your daily driver. It's for that odd time you need a random P3 bit to drive a tapcon.
What daily driver set doesn't include a p3? I'm with the user above here. Get an impact rated shockwave set that includes more useful bits that will actually last. Quality over quantity.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4906 posts
1512 upvotes
ff_29 wrote: What daily driver set doesn't include a p3? I'm with the user above here. Get an impact rated shockwave set that includes more useful bits that will actually last. Quality over quantity.
Buy a good 5-pack of Phillips and square #2. That does 99% of what anyone in Canada will use.

Worrying if your slotted #10 is "impact-rated" or not is a complete waste of time.
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1191 posts
2421 upvotes
Canada
Would it be weird if all my tools/bits sets were all DeWalt but just have this as the only thing I have that's milwaukee? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Live a little
Aug 15, 2007
583 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
RCGA wrote: Buy a good 5-pack of Phillips and square #2. That does 99% of what anyone in Canada will use.

Worrying if your slotted #10 is "impact-rated" or not is a complete waste of time.
Or, just skip the junk set altogether and get this

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001170921

Double the price, but you get a quality set that actually lasts, with additional useful bits to boot.

I'm not worried about non-impact rated throwaway sets because I don't buy them.
Last edited by ff_29 on Apr 15th, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 15, 2007
583 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Jackji wrote: Would it be weird if all my tools/bits sets were all DeWalt but just have this as the only thing I have that's milwaukee? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Have the same dilemma with Klein/Milwaukee Face With Tears Of Joy. Then I remember that neither sponsors me to use them, so I let my wallet decide