Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Hardware

MILWAUKEE SALE 42 Piece Power Driver Bit Set, with Case for $10.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 7:53 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON

[Home Hardware] MILWAUKEE SALE 42 Piece Power Driver Bit Set, with Case for $10.97

MILWAUKEE SALE 42 Piece Power Driver Bit Set, with Case
  • This heavy duty set contains an assortment of driver bits for everyday use and rare applications
  • Magnetic drive guide helps reduce slipping and wobble by holding long fasteners in place while the sleeve retracts as the screw is driven into the material
  • Driving bits are designed for quick change applications
  • Premium, grade S2 tool steel
  • 42 pieces
27 replies
Mar 15, 2012
309 posts
572 upvotes
Nice find OP. We have to order a minimum of $50 pre-tax to do any online orders though for Ontario where only curb side pickup is allowed now.
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
Good set, I picked it up for 12.88 from home depot back in January. Have used it for household projects and it seems solid.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Aug 16, 2009
334 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver
hmm could price match at home depot too.

would these be suitable to use in an impact driver? or do i need special impact driver rated bits?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
prakash132 wrote: Nice find OP. We have to order a minimum of $50 pre-tax to do any online orders though for Ontario where only curb side pickup is allowed now.
Well that kills it for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2682 posts
1779 upvotes
Durham
my local home hardware accepts phone orders for curbside pickup at any $ amount, of course ymmv.
Jun 14, 2008
231 posts
85 upvotes
tdot
Confirmed at 1500 Islington Ave., for curbside pickup. Just give them a call for the Milwaukee 42 pieces bit set, then you can pay at the door as you pick it up. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2279 posts
2192 upvotes
Tempted to get the set.
Resisted for now as I have lots of such bits of various brands laying around in my storage boxes.
Meh... mostly used Square and Philips bits in my home 'projects' .
“Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.”
— Robert A. Heinlein
Mar 15, 2012
309 posts
572 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: Here's the HD link for price match. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000854503

Frustrating though as the phone lines are at capacity, and there is no longer a live chat option like I had last week.
They still have live chat option..Go to https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/customer-support.html page and then wait for sometime..there will be a small chat option popping at the right end of the page. I just chatted with them now.

Also, i believe it would get better when the stores opens back in Ontario this weekend.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
electric0ant wrote: hmm could price match at home depot too.

would these be suitable to use in an impact driver? or do i need special impact driver rated bits?
No, I don't think these are not impact ready. They are for drill drivers.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
2061 posts
4409 upvotes
prakash132 wrote: They still have live chat option..Go to https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/customer-support.html page and then wait for sometime..there will be a small chat option popping at the right end of the page. I just chatted with them now.

Also, i believe it would get better when the stores opens back in Ontario this weekend.
Unfortunately not for me anymore. Tried on 3 computers.
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
UNDFTDss wrote: No, I don't think these are not impact ready. They are for drill drivers.
"Milwaukee's 48-32-1551 42-Piece S2 Impact Duty Driver Bit Set is engineered for extreme durability and up to ten times a longer life. Made from proprietary steel and heat treated to control hardness, these Impact Duty Driver Bits feature an innovatively designed geometric shock absorption zone to extend life. The forged tip allows for a secure grip and maximum contact, eliminating stripping or slipping. This set offers a variety of driver bits for everyday use as well as rare applications. Made of premium grade S2 tool steel, this 48-32-1151 set is heavy duty, designed for hard use."
Mar 15, 2012
309 posts
572 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: Unfortunately not for me anymore. Tried on 3 computers.
I just got it again in Incognito mode..didn't get on regular window though. Please check the attached image. Just leave the page for sometime and later I hope you should be able to see it.
Images
  • Untitled.png
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
sphish wrote: "Milwaukee's 48-32-1551 42-Piece S2 Impact Duty Driver Bit Set is engineered for extreme durability and up to ten times a longer life. Made from proprietary steel and heat treated to control hardness, these Impact Duty Driver Bits feature an innovatively designed geometric shock absorption zone to extend life. The forged tip allows for a secure grip and maximum contact, eliminating stripping or slipping. This set offers a variety of driver bits for everyday use as well as rare applications. Made of premium grade S2 tool steel, this 48-32-1151 set is heavy duty, designed for hard use."
Correct me if I'm wrong but impact duty is in regards to the bits construction, not if they fit in an impact driver. These bits look too short to be impact ready.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
2061 posts
4409 upvotes
prakash132 wrote: I just got it again in Incognito mode..didn't get on regular window though. Please check the attached image. Just leave the page for sometime and later I hope you should be able to see it.
Thanks tried Incognito but still nothing. I used it last week and the chat window actually popped up on product page and had a link to click it at the bottom of the page as well. I've also been on hold for over 2 hours with HD lol. Tired of hearing their annoying elevator hold music!
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
UNDFTDss wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but impact duty is in regards to the bits construction, not if they fit in an impact driver. These bits look too short to be impact ready.
Yes. You're wrong.

An impact bit, simply put, is made to withstand the hammer action of an impact tool without shearing or twisting the tip of the bit, or the shank of the bit. The length of the bit, in a gross simplification, reduces the amount of torque applied to the fastener being driven. The longer the shaft, the more "flex" taken by the extension of the shaft.

We're talking about driving deck screws, wood screws etc with these bits. Not lag bolts.

The reason you see many larger sets come with duplicates of each size of bit is simply due to wear and tear. The screw driving end of the bit can and will get worn out over time with repeated use. For occasional use this may never be an issue. For daily, repeated use such as construction, it's not unexpected to go through multiples on a given job.

Yes, there are heavier duty impact bits and different brand bits that may hold their tip integrity better, as well as having better fit in screw heads out of the box, but for $10.97 for occasional use, these are more than adequate for anyone with a 10, 12, 14, 18 or 20v impact driver.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
sphish wrote: Yes. You're wrong.

An impact bit, simply put, is made to withstand the hammer action of an impact tool without shearing or twisting the tip of the bit, or the shank of the bit. The length of the bit, in a gross simplification, reduces the amount of torque applied to the fastener being driven. The longer the shaft, the more "flex" taken by the extension of the shaft.

We're talking about driving deck screws, wood screws etc with these bits. Not lag bolts.

The reason you see many larger sets come with duplicates of each size of bit is simply due to wear and tear. The screw driving end of the bit can and will get worn out over time with repeated use. For occasional use this may never be an issue. For daily, repeated use such as construction, it's not unexpected to go through multiples on a given job.

Yes, there are heavier duty impact bits and different brand bits that may hold their tip integrity better, as well as having better fit in screw heads out of the box, but for $10.97 for occasional use, these are more than adequate for anyone with a 10, 12, 14, 18 or 20v impact driver.
Thanks for clarifying.
Jan 4, 2014
446 posts
569 upvotes
Ancaster
prakash132 wrote: Nice find OP. We have to order a minimum of $50 pre-tax to do any online orders though for Ontario where only curb side pickup is allowed now.
Buy more than $50 for curb-side pickup is BS. I tend to shop at there instead of the bigger box stores to support the "small family owned business", but this kills it for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sphish wrote: Good set, I picked it up for 12.88 from home depot back in January. Have used it for household projects and it seems solid.
Does it has SQ1 and SQ3?
Or just SQ2?
The short bits are pretty much useless
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)