• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 6:32 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
619 posts
1344 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON

[Home Hardware] RADLEY Electric Lawn Push De-Thatcher - 10 Amp $89.97

Its only $10 off the regular price but still $40 cheaper than the cheapest dethatcher I could find. Radley I believe is the Home Hardware brand, and I'm not sure about the quality if someone has experience with this please comment

Powerful 10 Amp motor with overload protection
AirBoost technology with 24 spring steel tines for maximum thatch pickup
Choose from 3 adjustable raking height settings
Clearing width: 13" clearing width
3 Year Warranty
68 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1834 posts
2753 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Seems like a decent deal.

In comparison I got a SunJoe a few years ago on Amazon for $130... slightly different as it is 13 amp and included a scarifier.

For like $40 less, can't go wrong.

Never heard of the Radley brand though.
Jun 13, 2011
727 posts
360 upvotes
It looks like it’s close to the Sunjoe and Yardworx(?). Probably the same oem.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5070 posts
4209 upvotes
BC
When I click on the link, I see the page for a moment and then it changes to "page not found". Searching for dethatcher on the HH site comes up with nothing as well. Is it because it is unavailable in my area perhaps?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
619 posts
1344 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
SizzleChest wrote: When I click on the link, I see the page for a moment and then it changes to "page not found". Searching for dethatcher on the HH site comes up with nothing as well. Is it because it is unavailable in my area perhaps?
its unavailable at my store but i can buy it online and they will ship it to my store for free
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2563 posts
688 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Seems like a decent deal.

In comparison I got a SunJoe a few years ago on Amazon for $130... slightly different as it is 13 amp and included a scarifier.

For like $40 less, can't go wrong.

Never heard of the Radley brand though.
That's a great deal for a SunJoe dethatcher and scarifier. They are now $200 for the AJ801E model which is an older model (and the first? combo unit?).
Jun 7, 2020
61 posts
101 upvotes
I bought the yardworks one which was on sale from CT a few weeks for 130. It works very well surprisingly. Dethatched my 2500sqft lawn in about 30 mins. Probably should have done 2 passes but it did work very well. Make sure you get a 12g extension cord for it though. Costco has a 100ft one for 42 bucks in store and it's great.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1273 posts
1191 upvotes
It doesn't seem like replacent tines are available for for this.
Jul 22, 2015
787 posts
1551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What the f*** is a "Radley"? Wish version of Ridgid?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1379 posts
40 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Superjester wrote: What the f*** is a "Radley"? Wish version of Ridgid?
Boo Radley!
From To Kill A Mockingbird Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
If You Don't Have Time to Do It Right, You'd Better Have Time to Do It Over!
Aug 26, 2010
103 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried this? Very tempted to take a waiver at this price.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1042 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
ChrisB50174 wrote: I bought the yardworks one which was on sale from CT a few weeks for 130. It works very well surprisingly. Dethatched my 2500sqft lawn in about 30 mins. Probably should have done 2 passes but it did work very well. Make sure you get a 12g extension cord for it though. Costco has a 100ft one for 42 bucks in store and it's great.
I think the yardworks one doesn’t come with a bag, did you just leave what you detached, on the lawn?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2708 posts
419 upvotes
Burnaby
it's first time to try the weird website.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Jun 7, 2020
61 posts
101 upvotes
I haven't seen any dethatchers come with bags. You can just use a lawnmower to pick up the thatch or take it up.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3559 posts
9149 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ChrisB50174 wrote: I haven't seen any dethatchers come with bags. You can just use a lawnmower to pick up the thatch or take it up.
The sunjoe has a bag but it's small.
Feb 7, 2010
254 posts
49 upvotes
Kingston
Can anyone recommend a through walk through for keeping good grass in Eastern Ontario.
I bought a detahcher sunjoe 2 years ago. I'm not exactly sure the difference between scarifying and dethatching....
And yes it has done a pretty decent job. I am still missing fundamental pieces of knowledge to maintain a nice lawn.
Does anyone have a single resource they'd like to share that assist step by step for a nice thick lawn in Eastern ontario? Thank you!!!!!!
Oct 12, 2010
211 posts
224 upvotes
aznmafia wrote: Can anyone recommend a through walk through for keeping good grass in Eastern Ontario.
I bought a detahcher sunjoe 2 years ago. I'm not exactly sure the difference between scarifying and dethatching....
And yes it has done a pretty decent job. I am still missing fundamental pieces of knowledge to maintain a nice lawn.
Does anyone have a single resource they'd like to share that assist step by step for a nice thick lawn in Eastern ontario? Thank you!!!!!!
Scarifying will also do some dethatching, but it is designed to cut little slits into the ground which allows for aeration and can help provide slits for grass seeds to grow into.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1042 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
ChrisB50174 wrote: I haven't seen any dethatchers come with bags. You can just use a lawnmower to pick up the thatch or take it up.
The Radley in this thread comes with a bag :)
Nov 18, 2013
204 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary
You’ll be emptying that bag every 10 steps, use a mower to collect it all once you finish