• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 11:15 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 4, 2017
733 posts
442 upvotes
awcool wrote: How did you do that?

1. Home hardware’s website doesn’t list the item.
2. Home Depot only price matches 10% which would be $9+tax.
1. Sent them the direct link to the flyer via phone.
2. When the rep said it would be $7.80 after taxes, I knew that was more than the price match plus 10%. But I didn't question it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1225 posts
608 upvotes
If you have a Home Hardware near you, I believe it's 100% Canadian (or at least that's what they advertise). If the savings is minimal, it's always nice to buy from a truly Canadian Retailer.

If they're not, ignore what I just said =)
Sep 13, 2009
163 posts
54 upvotes
ktkn wrote: If you have a Home Hardware near you, I believe it's 100% Canadian (or at least that's what they advertise). If the savings is minimal, it's always nice to buy from a truly Canadian Retailer.

Believe you are right. Unfortunately the store near me did not have stock, so headed to HD for a $9 PM x2.
May 8, 2015
114 posts
105 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Crappy Tire refused to PM, saying they can't find it on the Home Hardware site so they can't verify it's the same model.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15133 posts
2264 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Thanks OP!

PM'd 2 at my local home depot. They tried looking for an item/model number but the flyer didn't have one, they PM'd anyways.
Sep 20, 2010
20 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
HD is the best when it comes to customer satisfaction. I avoid Lowe’s, Rona and HH cuz they always make you feel like a criminal for trying to price match or return something. At least that’s the kind of service I’ve received from all 3 in Mississauga.
Oct 15, 2007
33 posts
11 upvotes
TO
Ended up buying one (special order) since it was out of stock.
I already own one an the quality is impressive.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2315 posts
591 upvotes
Gta
ktkn wrote: If you have a Home Hardware near you, I believe it's 100% Canadian (or at least that's what they advertise). If the savings is minimal, it's always nice to buy from a truly Canadian Retailer.

Precisely the reason I bought from Home Hardware. That and the fact the one near me has full size Kit Kat, aero and coffee crisp chocolate bars for 50 cents each this week!
Koodo member
Jul 9, 2007
27 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond
What I like most is their warranty.
If your screwdriver breaks, you can just call them and they will send you a replacement for free. You don't need to return your tool back to them. It's an honor system.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
moonfirespam wrote: Crappy Tire refused to PM, saying they can't find it on the Home Hardware site so they can't verify it's the same model.
Crappy tire is always a pain for PM. Always some excuse. I think they have a list of excuses and they just go down the list. Last time I tried to get them to price match a can of "SeaFoam", which Napa had on sale, and they told me they don't price match "Auto-parts" specialty stores. Had Napa flyer and all, and they could not show me where their policy stated they don't PM those stores (It's a B&M store which is less than 5km distance, and item was on their printed flyer. Every time it is a different excuse. One time they will tell you that picture in flyer means nothing and they need to be able to verify product details, and the next time they tell you that the picture on the flyer does not match.

My wife has the patience to argue with them, I don't. Today she went, and she Price matched against walmart for a new swiffer starter kit (since previous one broke this morning). CT had it for $14.99 and walmart has it rollback to $11.97. And with $100s in CT money and walmart being out of her way, she PM'd it at CT, and she got it, after arguing again with them. And then when she came home, I remembered that Checkout51 had a $3 rebate on swiffer kit :) So not bad afterall :)
absolute0 wrote: What I like most is their warranty.
If your screwdriver breaks, you can just call them and they will send you a replacement for free. You don't need to return your tool back to them. It's an honor system.
Their warranty is great. But you will probably misplace or lose most of the bits before the screwdriver itself breaks :)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2333 posts
2785 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
absolute0 wrote: What I like most is their warranty.
Warranty doesnt cover the bits themselves though. I'm finding that the Philip's head I use the most is wearing/rounding over.
Feb 24, 2017
123 posts
62 upvotes
I have 2 already. This is the best multi screwdriver bar none.
Jul 23, 2006
494 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
hd has copy cat screwer driver which quality is better than CT copy’s, 10 cad for 1 lager and 1 smaller,

Picquic quality is best but expensive. I bought 2 when ct on sale 8 cad,

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)