• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 11:15 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 6, 2007
47 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Crappy Tire is the worst for it here too. I absolute hate dealing with the customer service desk.

Tried to PM a fish finder that was on sale at Cabela's. Stated right on the CT site they match online Canadian retailers as long as it's a .CA. Well they just wouldn't buy it. Even though I made them read the online site. Called the manager. Manager didn't believe it was online. What kind of manager doesn't know the store policies better then a customer? But like you said made me feel like a crook for even requesting it.

Anytime we do an online purchase with in store pickup or try to return an online order the workers almost cry like it's a huge inconvenience for them to deal with. I hate the pricks.
Apr 4, 2017
733 posts
442 upvotes
A bit off topic, but I had a staples employee with the worst reason why she couldn't price match. After making sure the model number matched and the item was in stock, she told me that they don't price match items on sale. Those were her exact words, I couldn't believe it. I was finishing my break from work so I didn't have time to argue over the phone.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13905 posts
3237 upvotes
sorry what is so special about this screw driver?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 15, 2015
827 posts
252 upvotes
kiasu wrote: sorry what is so special about this screw driver?
Handle made in Canada, warranty, 3" 1/4" bits, acetate style handle, acts as a bit holder, excellent reputation, price etc. There's lots of reasons why at this price it's a must buy imo. Tools have diminishing returns and at this price it's highly versatile.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7104 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
GeneralZod wrote: Handle made in Canada, warranty, 3" 1/4" bits, acetate style handle, acts as a bit holder, excellent reputation, price etc. There's lots of reasons why at this price it's a must buy imo. Tools have diminishing returns and at this price it's highly versatile.
Also, it's replaces 6 individual screwdrivers! Where can you buy a set of 6 high-quality screwdrivers for this price?

Plus it saves space in your tool box.
Aug 3, 2009
666 posts
104 upvotes
Homedepot refused to price match for me. The flyer doesn’t have the model listed - the manager and the cs employee were beyond stupid. Not worth it to argue
Last edited by cyphr on Oct 18th, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2315 posts
591 upvotes
Gta
In addition to the comment above, I like it because of its compactness. Living in a condo, space is at a premium. Yeah a screwdriver takes up little space but I also need it to be multi head instead of 5 different screwdrivers. I’ve bought ones with multi heads provided in the handle but they invariably fall out or get lost. The heads on this one are securely held in place and easy to access. Buying Canadian from a Canadian store is also a bonus.
Koodo member
Mar 3, 2004
365 posts
63 upvotes
cyphr wrote: Homedepot refused to price match for me. The flyer model is not the same - the manager and the cs employee were beyond stupid. Not worth it to argue
Some Supervisors are downright stupid. Unrelated to this, I had a free-product coupon at Walmart and the Supervisor denied me. We looked at the coupon where the picture matched, the description matched and the size of the product (in grams) matched. Her argument.... well, the coupon has a value of up to $9.99 but we scanned at 6.99. So this coupon does not qualify! I was like, WTF? Ended up with two CSRs corrected her and she finally accepted the coupon. (How do some people get promoted?)
Apr 1, 2005
291 posts
258 upvotes
bought 3 from HD woodbine locations. thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2333 posts
2785 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What's the reason for buying individual screwdrivers then if picquic has all the bits you need?

I'm just wondering because I have some individual Husky screwdrivers but I also have a picquic...any reason I shouldnt just get rid of the Husky and buy more picquic?
Jul 15, 2015
827 posts
252 upvotes
stovetop wrote: What's the reason for buying individual screwdrivers then if picquic has all the bits you need?

I'm just wondering because I have some individual Husky screwdrivers but I also have a picquic...any reason I shouldnt just get rid of the Husky and buy more picquic?
In my opinion a bit holder or ratcheting bit holder are far more versatile and useful than regular screwdrivers. Some people don't like using bits and I can understand there might be clearance issues with 1" bits but with the Picquic 3" 1/4" bits that solves clearance issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ludepower wrote: I have 2 already. This is the best multi screwdriver bar none.
I wouldn't call it the best. But it is the best in this price range.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7104 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: What's the reason for buying individual screwdrivers then if picquic has all the bits you need?

Makes sense for the home handyman, especially if you have a small toolbox in the car, kitchen drawer, etc.

If you're a pro (electrician e.g ), who works with different size screws all day, it's probably faster to have your most commonly used fixed screwdrivers close at hand in your tool carrier, so you just grab the one you need without having to change bits. Saves a few seconds every time, but it adds up when you're on the clock.

I keep picquics in my toolboxes, but my workbench has a full range of fixed screwdrivers in different sizes at my fingertips.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 18th, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 24, 2017
123 posts
62 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I wouldn't call it the best. But it is the best in this price range.
Yea didn't mean to offend anyone. This screwdriver is a gem to me thats all. What others are better than this?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)