• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 11:15 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 31, 2013
203 posts
896 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
Ludepower wrote: Yea didn't mean to offend anyone. This screwdriver is a gem to me thats all. What others are better than this?
Klein easily come to mind.......of course will be more expensive
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/mult ... otted-bits

Take it from someone who used screwdrivers every day, the hard plastic ribs on the handle of many screwdrivers hurts like a bitch after a while......
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13905 posts
3237 upvotes
GeneralZod wrote: Handle made in Canada, warranty, 3" 1/4" bits, acetate style handle, acts as a bit holder, excellent reputation, price etc. There's lots of reasons why at this price it's a must buy imo. Tools have diminishing returns and at this price it's highly versatile.
Ok i will go and get later

Hope not too late
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1346 posts
372 upvotes
Brampton
cyphr wrote: Homedepot refused to price match for me. The flyer doesn’t have the model listed - the manager and the cs employee were beyond stupid. Not worth it to argue
Same happened to me. The cashier said that the color didn't match and refused to compare the product name and even though I showed on the ad that it said Assorted colors. I asked her to check with someone from tools dept and she arrogantly told me that did I think she didn't know anything and it made me furious and I called the manager. Fortunately the manager agreed and then she started arguing with him on color but manager told her to do it anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ludepower wrote: Yea didn't mean to offend anyone. This screwdriver is a gem to me thats all. What others are better than this?
Not to sound like a snob, but I inherited a nice snap-on from my dad (who was a machinist for years)..
Looks exactly like this one: https://shop.snapon.com/product/Standar ... k)/SSDMR4B
It must be over 35yrs old and still works like a charm. The square handle with the rounded handle edges are very easy on the hands, and it has by far the best ratcheting action. But it is not even cloe to being in the same price range.

At work they typically issue us bluepoint screwdrivers, like this one: https://shop.snapon.com/product/Ratchet ... t)/BSGDMR6
And I like them. They are not too pricey (more than the piquic ones) but they have a nice feel also.

I have piquic ones in all sorts of drawers and desks all over the office and in various misc toolbags at home and they are great for the price. For basic appt renters, or condo owners, DIY or not, one of these should be in every basic toolbag.
A good screwdriver like this, a hammer, wire cutters, toungue and groove pliers, adjustable wrench. Can cover 85% of all required tasks.
Aug 1, 2016
251 posts
391 upvotes
Thanks OP, price matched and got the 10% beat, with home depot Mississauga. They appeared to have like 12 or so there in stock.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13905 posts
3237 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: Thanks OP, price matched and got the 10% beat, with home depot Mississauga. They appeared to have like 12 or so there in stock.
which isle can i find this at HD?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jun 15, 2020
29 posts
73 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: Will this screwdriver magnetically hold screws?
Yes. Just bought one and it says Magnetic on the packaging. Thanks op!
Mar 31, 2013
203 posts
896 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
kiasu wrote: which isle can i find this at HD?
all home depots may have different layouts. Go to the home depot website, select your store at top left corner, find product and click on picture/listing, this should tell you how many in stock and which aisle/bin.......be aware the number in stock may not be correct
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2562 posts
1268 upvotes
B.C.
moonfirespam wrote: Crappy Tire refused to PM, saying they can't find it on the Home Hardware site so they can't verify it's the same model.
Outstanding customer service yet again from CT!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2562 posts
1268 upvotes
B.C.
Emporium wrote: Crappy tire is always a pain for PM. Always some excuse. I think they have a list of excuses and they just go down the list. Last time I tried to get them to price match a can of "SeaFoam", which Napa had on sale, and they told me they don't price match "Auto-parts" specialty stores. Had Napa flyer and all, and they could not show me where their policy stated they don't PM those stores (It's a B&M store which is less than 5km distance, and item was on their printed flyer. Every time it is a different excuse. One time they will tell you that picture in flyer means nothing and they need to be able to verify product details, and the next time they tell you that the picture on the flyer does not match.

My wife has the patience to argue with them, I don't. Today she went, and she Price matched against walmart for a new swiffer starter kit (since previous one broke this morning). CT had it for $14.99 and walmart has it rollback to $11.97. And with $100s in CT money and walmart being out of her way, she PM'd it at CT, and she got it, after arguing again with them. And then when she came home, I remembered that Checkout51 had a $3 rebate on swiffer kit :) So not bad afterall :)
The worst part is Crappy Tire gets reimbursed by corporate for price matching. The store owner is not out any money.

When I worked at CT in high school we price matched anything that matched. Including bulk wire by the foot - which was a crazy savings. One guy got enough CT money back from the price match on the wire to buy the rest of the supplies he needed.
Sep 1, 2015
376 posts
509 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 4 at local Home Depot. Would have bought from Home Hardware but the closest didn't have in stock. Both the associate and the manager at my local Home Depot tried to lie and say it wasn't the same model etc. They said the Home Hardware item # is different from the model #. This is why I hate these large chains. No matter how polite you are, no matter how much you point out the facts or their own policies, they think you are a scammer. I got each for $8.97 with $1.00 price beat on Home Hardware price.

Magnetic too. Very high quality with made in canada and lifetime warranty. Solid stocking stuffers or keeping around the house or garage or truck.
Last edited by Harold91 on Oct 19th, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
launch wrote: Yes. Just bought one and it says Magnetic on the packaging. Thanks op!
I have a large old speaker magnet attached to the top hood of my toolbox.
Even if it wasn't magnetic, typically most screwdrivers and bits, when I want them to hold a screw, I just rub them across the magnet 5 or 6 times, and it makes them slightly magnetic that it can then hold the screws.
Dec 10, 2003
60 posts
21 upvotes
Checkout lady at home depot matched no problem. She was looking to match model number and I chimed in that looks like the flyer only has Home Hardware stock number listed. Compared the brand, tool, and similar regular price price and matched it no problem. Took all of 20 secs with me holding the add on my phone. For anyone who has trouble just go to a different person and try again.

Closest Home Hardware is 50 km away (none in my city). Matched plus 10 percent.

Just used it for a car project and it’s a nice tool. Also has magnetic tip to hold screws. Thanks for the recommendation.
Mar 16, 2007
373 posts
10 upvotes
Scarborough
My Local Home Depot couldn’t find the six pac plus on the Home Hardware store and refused to use their flyer. Moderately infuriating. Guess I’ll go a wee bit out my way next week to find a HH.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)