Expired Hot Deals

Home Hardware

SHOE GOO Shoe Repair Adhesive - 109 ml Sale $6.97 - Reg 12.99 Expiry:March 16, 2022

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2022 11:30 pm
[OP]
Jun 7, 2006
309 posts
115 upvotes

[Home Hardware] SHOE GOO Shoe Repair Adhesive - 109 ml Sale $6.97 - Reg 12.99 Expiry:March 16, 2022

Last edited by jpistone on Mar 12th, 2022 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Jul 4, 2019
19 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone has experience using this to fix the sides of mid sole crumble on flat bottom casual shoes (vanz etc).

There’s still quite a bit of life left on my shoes, and I’d like to keep it out of the landfill for as long as I could.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3222 posts
1813 upvotes
FulltimeHobo wrote: Does anyone has experience using this to fix the sides of mid sole crumble on flat bottom casual shoes (vanz etc).

There’s still quite a bit of life left on my shoes, and I’d like to keep it out of the landfill for as long as I could.
I don't have that experience - but I do use it on the soles of the Bogs winter boots that kids wear out the heels on - adding a few layers of this gives them another 3+ months of waterproof life (even after the soles are wore right through - I think that is part of the plan - designed obsolescence ...)
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5649 posts
3415 upvotes
West Vancouver
FulltimeHobo wrote: Does anyone has experience using this to fix the sides of mid sole crumble on flat bottom casual shoes (vanz etc).

I remeber as i kid i owned shoe goo and used it fix my skateboard shoes time to time.

Once, the full first half of the under out sole was ripped and gone.

Having faith in the goo, i made a full 0.5cm thick shoe goo out sole. It worked for months. Was perfect on the skateboard grip tape.

Shoe Goo is very under rated imho.

It binds very well with shoe parts and its consistence when dried is a good balance between hard/sturdiness and flexibility.

Why did i write all this about the shoe goo... F... i have no idea....
Mar 24, 2020
66 posts
109 upvotes
I foolishly tried gorilla glue to fix my winter boots, on the sides where the rubber meets fabric ripped. After 6 months the glue was brittle and really back to square 1. Got some shoe goo, applied a few layers and it works so well. It's flexible, has great adhesion and the clear stuff you just barely notice it (it has a wet look, my boots are black). Would recommend this for anyone trying shoe repair it so cheap totally try it before throwing your favorite shoes out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4037 upvotes
BC
Shoe Goo gets very good reviews, but every time I have used it, I get a couple of weeks or less before I have to repair my shoes again in the same spot. I've had the same results with several different shoes. I let it dry for 24 hours and apply pressure while it's drying, but the stuff never seems to last very long at all.
Jun 10, 2010
65 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
I have used Shoe Goo for some time now. Tried many other glues, and found this guy my favourite. Actually, this glue works more than just on shoes. It works perfectly for furniture, plastic, and other household items. Highly recommend. Another benefit is that it does not dry up once open, just screw and store.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1654 posts
1629 upvotes
I have a pair of Clark’s that have a rip in the sole. Sold
Wallet safe...
Oct 11, 2006
550 posts
302 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Shoe Goo gets very good reviews, but every time I have used it, I get a couple of weeks or less before I have to repair my shoes again in the same spot. I've had the same results with several different shoes. I let it dry for 24 hours and apply pressure while it's drying, but the stuff never seems to last very long at all.
Too much pressure, perhaps?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4037 upvotes
BC
strangelove9 wrote: Too much pressure, perhaps?
Maybe, but pressure is good when using an adhesive to bond two materials. I have used it on work boots and soccer shoes among others. I had assumed that it just wasn't heavy duty enough for footwear with that type of usage since whatever glue was originally used when the shoes were first made held for much longer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5831 posts
4131 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Maybe, but pressure is good when using an adhesive to bond two materials. I have used it on work boots and soccer shoes among others. I had assumed that it just wasn't heavy duty enough for footwear with that type of usage since whatever glue was originally used when the shoes were first made held for much longer.
applying too much pressure may make the layer too thin to properly adhere under the stresses caused by compression, movement, etc. of the shoe. Just a thought - never used shoe goo before.

I imagine a thin layer that's constantly under stress (ie a toe crease) will eventually fail. Doesn't matter how good the adhesive is.
Feb 9, 2017
168 posts
243 upvotes

Keeping perfectly good shoes out of landfill is a laudable goal.
There are two methods to shoe-gooing shoes:
Apply goo to upside-down (sole up) shoe
Apply shoe onto a pile of goo on a flat surface

The first method is for small job as goo will 'flow' and flatten out if too much of it is applied.
The second method is used to 'build up' worn-away soles like tips of tennis shoes. It's more complicated. Basically you spread goo over a non-stick flat surface (Tip: use parchment paper) and put the shoe on top of the goo. You may need to prop up the shoe so it 'floats' on top of the goo.

I also tried a 3rd method to build up heels: With shoe sole up, build a mould around heel where the heel is worn away. Put shoe goo on. The mould helps keep the good from flowing away and the goo self-levels into a flat surface.

Good luck
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16745 posts
11493 upvotes
Markham
SizzleChest wrote: Maybe, but pressure is good when using an adhesive to bond two materials. I have used it on work boots and soccer shoes among others. I had assumed that it just wasn't heavy duty enough for footwear with that type of usage since whatever glue was originally used when the shoes were first made held for much longer.
hvc wrote: applying too much pressure may make the layer too thin to properly adhere under the stresses caused by compression, movement, etc. of the shoe. Just a thought - never used shoe goo before.

I imagine a thin layer that's constantly under stress (ie a toe crease) will eventually fail. Doesn't matter how good the adhesive is.
You need to do a good cleaning of the area before you use it ideally. You don't need a ton of pressure, just some.

Pro tip....use a ice cube to smooth the GOO out.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Apr 17, 2001
360 posts
249 upvotes
Thanks.. bought one to fix a furniture vinyl trim that keeps coming off...

I tried lepage ultra gel and gorilla super glue and kept coming off :(
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4037 upvotes
BC
Why was this moved to expired deals? It's on the front page of their flyer valid until Wednesday, the 16th.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2006
309 posts
115 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Why was this moved to expired deals? It's on the front page of their flyer valid until Wednesday, the 16th.
First time i post a deal. I fill out all the information and it gets moved to Expired??? I reached out buy no word yet as to why?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4037 upvotes
BC
jpistone wrote: First time i post a deal. I fill out all the information and it gets moved to Expired??? I reached out buy no word yet as to why?
I sent a meesage to the admins and got a generic response back saying "Your report has been reviewed by our staff and any necessary actions have been taken." but the thread is still in the expired deals section.