Stanley FATMAX Garden Hoses - 30% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 6:41 am
[OP]
Jun 12, 2007
947 posts
599 upvotes

[Home Hardware] Stanley FATMAX Garden Hoses - 30% off

You can PM a lot of the hoses with Home Depot for further discount.
These are good hoses, and Im too cheap to buy Flexzillas.

50' Fatmax - $39.87
100' Fatmax - $64.97
50' Fatmax Exojacket - $41.97
60' Professional Grade Hose Nozzle - $48.97
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
5920 posts
3700 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a FatMax a couple of seasons ago. Very disappointed - was leaking from end hose crimp attachment when I attached this year.
Lifetime warranty - lol- good luck with getting that.
Had to cut offthe end, and put on my own.
Even more annoying - it very much regularly crimps.
Thought this was the one - so wrong.
[OP]
Jun 12, 2007
947 posts
599 upvotes
Hard to tell which hose is a keeper, everyone seems to have lots of negative experiences with flexzillas, Stanley’s, x hose etc.

I’d gladly go with one that will send me a new one if it gets a leak, but don’t want to jump through hoops for that warranty either.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1228 posts
1780 upvotes
GPS - error
I wouldn’t get one with aluminum ends, they can fuse to your copper tap …
I guess they do it because it’s lighter and cheaper, but I’d go with copper.

Flexzilla also gas aluminum ends which is concerning.
Last edited by escape1975 on May 16th, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1045 posts
1438 upvotes
kingkelly wrote: Hard to tell which hose is a keeper, everyone seems to have lots of negative experiences with flexzillas, Stanley’s, x hose etc.

I’d gladly go with one that will send me a new one if it gets a leak, but don’t want to jump through hoops for that warranty either.
Keep in mind, you won't give a hose a 5 star glowing review with pictures if it works day in and day out. But as soon as the end leaks or a puncture happens, you'll one star it and complain about customer service. It's the nature of the modern beast.

Rubber hoses are the best but they are REALLY heavy and don't have the best cold tolerance. Most come with brass fittings though which are better and stronger than anodized aluminum. Beyond that, all you can really do is remember to not drag your hoses hard over pavement or hot asphalt too much, try and get quick connects to lessen the stress on the end fittings if you go from hand sprayers to lawn sprinklers often etc.

Will it be an outdoor hose? Will you have a garden hose box or reel? How long have your previous hoses lasted? I bought and returned a Flexzilla myself a week or so ago once I read about the mold issue. Was super light though for 100'. The Stanley FatMax seem to be the same hybrid PVC light design. Less durable than rubber but better than the cheap hoses and very lightweight.

20210507_110145.jpg

It seems canadian tire doesn't have the swivelgrip, which I think helps with end longevity. But that is usually the first failure of a hose. The end joint.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1183 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI I bought this yday and seems decent for the price. Home Depot refused the PM despite the same model #. They said it’s not available right away as the hh site says available in x number of days and wasn’t available right away. I got a pickup email in 10 mins after ordering….🤪….whatever shop local I guess
JS
Aug 16, 2018
65 posts
80 upvotes
Why doesn't anyone here on RFD seem to use the stainless steel hoses? I think I've tried all the traditional styles and the best without a doubt is a good stainless steel hose IMO. I cant imagine I will ever use anything else.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1123 posts
1279 upvotes
Had a rubber hose for two years now, 100 foot, it is stored in an outdoor hose box and I drag it all over, no leaks and it is solid, heavy as heck tho
<signature length too long>