Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] *Starts Dec 12* - Milescraft PocketJig200 Pocket Hole Jig Kit, with Bonus 2" Clamp - $29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 3:30 pm
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
987 posts
1359 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
bytemovies wrote: Anyone successfully purchase one yet? Can anyone tell if its actually die-cast metal or just made of plastic?
This one and the similar Kreg jigs consist of a plastic body with metal drill hole sleeves. The only jig I've seen made completely of metal is sold by Harbor Freight.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
987 posts
1359 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Hexxed wrote: My only concern is I plan to use it with 5/8 shelving so will require a little more calculations than the Kreg would have but this will still work fine. Thanks OP.
What calculations? If you're using all the same sized wood, you can set-up the jig in about 30 seconds and it's ready to go with no additional adjustments necessary for the balance of the project. There is no 5/8" markings on the jig, but it does have 1/2" and 3/4" (i.e. 4/8" and 6/8"). Just set it up between these two sets of markings.

Aug 18, 2013
202 posts
228 upvotes
In for one!

Thanks OP... I've always wanted one of these.. but was too cheap to pay for the kreg
May 24, 2007
580 posts
619 upvotes
Kelowna
brghunter wrote: What calculations? If you're using all the same sized wood, you can set-up the jig in about 30 seconds and it's ready to go with no additional adjustments necessary for the balance of the project. There is no 5/8" markings on the jig, but it does have 1/2" and 3/4" (i.e. 4/8" and 6/8"). Just set it up between these two sets of markings.

Yeah, I was planning on just drawing an additional line with a permanent pen for the 5/8" spot so not a huge deal except that the Kreg already has that size set up so would be faster since it locks in.

Watched that exact video a while ago but thanks for the tips.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
987 posts
1359 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Hexxed wrote: Yeah, I was planning on just drawing an additional line with a permanent pen for the 5/8" spot so not a huge deal except that the Kreg already has that size set up so would be faster since it locks in.

Watched that exact video a while ago but thanks for the tips.
I completely get what your saying, but the Milescraft also locks in place. What I didn't realize is that the Milescraft can only lock in place at specific detents - and 5/8" isn't one of them. I don't have the unit yet, and I assumed it was lockable in any location. I didn't see/hear that "feature" being mentioned anywhere. Definitely a downside.