Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] Weiser Powerbolt 2.0 Keyless Entry Keypad Deadbolt - $69.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 12:58 am
Oct 20, 2014
94 posts
80 upvotes
Trenton, on
Triad wrote: Is it practical using batteries on outside doors when winters usually below 30c
Yzord wrote: Still looking for a solution for an unheated garage - anyone have one in this config? If so, how was its performance over the winter? Thanks!
Lithium batteries are the solution. Get them at shoppers 8 for $11 on sale, on 20x pts or super redemption days for the cheapest price, if you collect pc optimum. else Costco instore should have them $0.75-$1 each

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/energizer- ... 0197147941

Update: typo
Last edited by neatooo on May 26th, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2016
62 posts
42 upvotes
I've got two of these for front and back door for about 3-4 years now. No issues at all even on -40+(SK) weather. Ive had to change batteries probably about 3 since day one.

Install was pretty easy as well. The first one took me about 30 mins(1st timer) then second was about 15 mins.
Mar 23, 2008
22 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Thanks OP!
Just price match +10% in store at Lowe's for $63 pre tax.

The unit is solid but the design/material of the buttons is not the best and get sticky/stuck when u press them but can't complain for the price and warranty.
Oct 26, 2012
20 posts
4 upvotes
Whitehorse
I bought this same one for $109 at HD roughly six months ago. I'd say this is a decent deal. Easy install. Well built. Easy to use.
Nov 22, 2012
923 posts
646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I have this for a less used backdoor that's only accessible from the locked yard.

I personally wouldn't use this for a main door.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17411 posts
4883 upvotes
Was going to get one of these but my pre-1950 house doors will not support this without replacing them. Newer inner doors also do not have the holes for a deadbolt, so I would have to replace them as well in order to use one of these. I should have picked up a door when Lowe's went bust here in town...

Thanks anyway...
Aug 7, 2011
635 posts
164 upvotes
Had this for a year and it's good except for one issue:
The door going into our garage has a spring at the top which means it doesn't stay open on its own. When you let go of the open door, it immediately closes on its own but it does not completely close.

After 30 seconds, the Powerbolt will attempt to lock the door but will beep in error as the locks do not fully align. This isn't the Powerbolt's fault. However, when this error beep occurs, the Powerbolt stops working properly after that unless someone goes back outside and uses the keypad to lock/unlock the door again.
Jun 16, 2019
350 posts
1043 upvotes
west as
webconfig wrote: I’ve had this for 1.5 years, the keypad number pad is starting to fade on the numbers that we press the most. Not sure if weiser covers this, but be aware.
Maybe time to switch up your pin? Get some even fading ;)
Jan 28, 2012
23 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought two of these from Lowe’s for a similar sale price and here are my pros and cons:

PRO’s

- I don’t have to look for keys before leaving the house, no keys to lose.
- The beeping when pressing the buttons can be a useful alert that someone is home.
- Previously, my house keys shared a keyring with my car keys. If anyone forgets something before taking off, I don’t have to turn off the car to unlock the house door anymore.
- While doing yard work / car stuff, my hands can get dirty and I hate digging into my pocket for keys. Now I can simply knuckle in the code with one hand.
- if my hands are full, I can enter the code without any fumbling or needing putting anything down.
- Guests can be given their own access codes which can be deleted later.
- Comes with two keys. A key can be given to guests for those who don’t want to go through the hassle of adding a code temporarily.
- The smartkey system (which I believe is now standard in Weiser deadbolts) allows me to re-key all my locks to use one key. If a key is lost or stolen, buy a re-key kit for ~$15.
- Single push of a button to lock, much quicker than using a key.

CON’s

- In installations where the deadbolt rubs when engaging, the Powerbolt may not have enough power to turn. Pulling/pushing the door to align it with the hole may work for most people, but the process can be bothersome and hard to explain to guests (especially for AirBnB’s). Schlage has a power lock that also has a thumbturn on the outside which eliminates this problem.
- The beep when a button is pressed is loud enough to wake someone up, and there is no way to turn it off.
- Both the inside and outside of the deadbolt assembly are changed when installing this lock. Weiser’s style and and finishes may not match the hardware on other doors throughout your home - possibly more of a concern for double entry doors.

HONOURABLE MENTION - WYZE DEADBOLT:
- With a lock such as Wyze’s smart deadbolt, you can keep the outside part of your lock, thus, keeping the same look, and the same key.
- You can unlock your door with a smartphone using the Wyze App.
. A keypad can be purchased separately and placed in more discreet places instead of on the door itself where it may be easier for onlookers to see your code entry.

Hopefully this helps someone.
Last edited by pasiku on May 22nd, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1356 posts
241 upvotes
pasiku wrote: I bought two of these from Lowe’s for a similar sale price and here are my pros and cons:

PRO’s

- I don’t have to look for keys before leaving the house
- No keys to lose
- The beeping when pressing the buttons can be a useful alert that someone is home.
- Previously, my house keys shared a keyring with my car keys. If anyone forgets something before taking off, I don’t have to turn off the car to unlock the house door anymore.
- While doing yard work / car stuff, my hands can get dirty and I hate digging into my pocket for keys. Now I can simply knuckle in the code with one hand.
- if my hands are full, I can enter the code without any fumbling or needing putting anything down.
- Guests can be given their own access codes which can be deleted later.
- Comes with two keys. A key can be given to guests for those who don’t want to go through the hassle of adding a code temporarily.
- The smartkey system (which I believe is now standard in Weiser deadbolts) allows me to re-key all my locks to use one key. If a key is lost or stolen, buy a re-key kit for ~$15.
- Single push of a button to lock, much quicker than using a key.

CON’s

- In installations where the deadbolt rubs when engaging, the Powerbolt may not have enough power to turn. Pulling/pushing the door to align it with the hole may work for most people, but the process can be bothersome and hard to explain to guests (especially for AirBnB’s). Schlage has a power lock that also has a thumbturn on the outside which eliminates this problem.
- The beep when a button is pressed is loud enough to wake someone up, and there is no way to turn it off.
- Both the inside and outside of the deadbolt assembly are changed when installing this lock. Weiser’s style and and finishes may not match the hardware on other doors throughout your home - possibly more of a concern for double entry doors.

HONOURABLE MENTION - WYZE DEADBOLT:
- With a lock such as Wyze’s smart deadbolt, you can keep the outside part of your lock, thus, keeping the same look, and the same key.
- You can unlock your door with a smartphone using the Wyze App.
. A keypad can be purchased separately and placed in more discreet places instead of on the door itself where it may be easier for onlookers to see your code entry.

Hopefully this helps someone.
I had an August lock (similar to the Wyze) but had to return it due to my doors misaligning and needing to be pulled or pushed... It sounds like this would be an issue with this Weiser deadbolt too. Can you elaborate on how the Schlage design gets around this?
Jan 28, 2012
23 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
malaujai wrote: I had an August lock (similar to the Wyze) but had to return it due to my doors misaligning and needing to be pulled or pushed... It sounds like this would be an issue with this Weiser deadbolt too. Can you elaborate on how the Schlage design gets around this?

To clarify, some Schlage locks have a dial on the outside that you turn to lock your door without a key. To unlock your door, you enter your code and something inside the lock moves to allow you to turn the dial back the other way.

In other words, you move the deadbolt by turning the dial instead of a relatively weak battery powered motor trying to do it for you.

Here's a link that includes some models that have that feature.

https://www.schlagecanada.com/en/home/p ... locks.html

Feb 14, 2012
918 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Desna99 wrote: I have two of these. One of them was 8 years old and the finish started to come off... contacted weiser and they sent me out a brand new unit. Lifetime warranty on the finish.
Any issues at all in during usage? Also, is it recommended to maybe change codes every few months to enhance security? Just thinking about wear and tear on the buttons themselves revealing your code after some use.
Feb 14, 2012
918 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
neatooo wrote: Lithium batteries are the solution. Get them at shoppers 8 for $11 on sell, on 20x pts or super redemption days for the cheapest price, if you collect pc optimum. else Costco instore should have them $0.75-$1 each

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/energizer- ... 0197147941
Have you personally used lithium in unheated conditions and had good results?
Nov 29, 2015
9 posts
Toronto, ON
We bought one of these for $129.99 last week. Would we be able to go back and get the difference back?