Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] Weiser Powerbolt 2.0 Keyless Entry Keypad Deadbolt - $69.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 12:58 am
Oct 20, 2014
94 posts
80 upvotes
Trenton, on
Josecc wrote: Have you personally used lithium in unheated conditions and had good results?
Not yet, bought quite a few to set things up. The temp range they can withstand is quite large. If your locks recommend lithiums, try it out, chances are you will not be disappointed, plus they do not leak.
Apr 18, 2017
378 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anybody know if this is compatible with the August Smart Lock? Or do you feel its redundant? I want the auto unlock-lock function (bluetooth with phone) as well as remote unlocking/locking.

Just bought a house and have to change all the locks anyways, so why not get this deadbolt?

Thanks
Jun 18, 2005
244 posts
642 upvotes
I had 3 of these fail within a couple years of buying them and dealt with plenty of problems before replacing them all with Schlage units. If the deadbolt rubbed anywhere or had to deal with frost or a cold snap or just had weak batteries, it struggled or wouldn't work at all. I was always dicking around with them and Weiser customer service kindly told me to get stuffed because of course their warranty didn't cover the electronics in an electronic deadbolt.

As mentioned above, with the Schlages a single 9v battery activates a solenoid to engage the deadbolt which you then turn by hand; much better than relying on a chintzy motor to do it for you. The Schlages have all worked flawlessly for years.
Jun 6, 2011
130 posts
217 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks, OP!

Managed to get it all done through Home Depot via their online chat and get it delivered right to me...

Had to get an agent to approve the price match ahead of time, then they had me submit the order and then immediately make the adjustment:
-----
Powerbolt 2.0 Satin Chrome Keyless Entry Keypad Deadbolt
This Item Has been Modified
Model Number 9GED14600-104
Store SKU 1000833650

Item Price
$139.00
Price Changed To $62.97
Quantity 1
Discount $76.03
Item Total $62.97
Apr 18, 2017
378 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
xkaliber wrote: Thanks, OP!

Managed to get it all done through Home Depot via their online chat and get it delivered right to me...

Had to get an agent to approve the price match ahead of time, then they had me submit the order and then immediately make the adjustment:
-----
Powerbolt 2.0 Satin Chrome Keyless Entry Keypad Deadbolt
This Item Has been Modified
Model Number 9GED14600-104
Store SKU 1000833650

Item Price
$139.00
Price Changed To $62.97
Quantity 1
Discount $76.03
Item Total $62.97
Home Depot Canada has an online chat?
Jun 6, 2011
130 posts
217 upvotes
Hamilton
xxxronjames wrote: Home Depot Canada has an online chat?
Very hard to see but it appears on the bottom right of the pages in an orange box that says chat or something. Oddly enough I can’t always get it to appear, I wonder if it doesn’t show up if they’re overly busy. I had to refresh multiple times - or could just be me.
Oct 15, 2005
126 posts
21 upvotes
Just a heads up - the Powerbolt 2.0 is rated at an ANSI Grade 3 instead of a ANSI Grade 2.
https://blog.ansi.org/2020/01/ansi-grad ... are-tests/

Imo, ANSI Grade 3 is the most basic of ratings and it's generally recommended for primary entrances to be at ANSI Grade 2.

When I was doing research on this item, I looked at all the specs and decided to use the Kwikset Smartcode 909, which is essentially a slightly pricier but Grade 2 version of this Weiser.
Oct 15, 2005
126 posts
21 upvotes
One of the benefits of having a electrified mortise lock is that you can set it to "auto lock" after 30 seconds. That's one feature that the Schalge unfortunately can't do.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1144 posts
305 upvotes
DougO wrote: Was going to get one of these but my pre-1950 house doors will not support this without replacing them. Newer inner doors also do not have the holes for a deadbolt, so I would have to replace them as well in order to use one of these. I should have picked up a door when Lowe's went bust here in town...

Thanks anyway...
Same here, my doors still have skeleton keys!!!
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Apr 18, 2017
378 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
xkaliber wrote: Very hard to see but it appears on the bottom right of the pages in an orange box that says chat or something. Oddly enough I can’t always get it to appear, I wonder if it doesn’t show up if they’re overly busy. I had to refresh multiple times - or could just be me.
I don't see it. Can you take a screenshot or send a link?

Thanks
Jun 6, 2011
130 posts
217 upvotes
Hamilton
xxxronjames wrote: I don't see it. Can you take a screenshot or send a link?

Thanks
It's not linkable because it's an element that appears on the bottom-right of the pages.... scroll all the way down to the bottom.
chat.png
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3009 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
keyskiee09 wrote: I've got two of these for front and back door for about 3-4 years now. No issues at all even on -40+(SK) weather. Ive had to change batteries probably about 3 since day one.

Install was pretty easy as well. The first one took me about 30 mins(1st timer) then second was about 15 mins.
if i buy more than one, can i key them all the same (physical key) without a locksmith?
Apr 18, 2017
378 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
xkaliber wrote: It's not linkable because it's an element that appears on the bottom-right of the pages.... scroll all the way down to the bottom.

chat.png
Yea I don't see that :( Tried on chrome and edge. Turned off adblocker.

Thanks anyways though
Mar 23, 2008
146 posts
70 upvotes
Halifax
Easy price match - 10% at Home Depot in Dartmouth. Thanks OP.