None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3127 posts
12769 upvotes
Saint-Eustache

Home Insurance renewal

I'm up for renewal in August 10, and looking to renew my home insurance.

Currently i'm with SSQauto and got the renewal which they increase by 200$ on 2 years contract total before tax is 1242$ (621$ per year), I have also 2 cars with SSQauto.

What's better to go with broker or call directly to get a quote?

I called Belair, Desjardins, wawanesa, lacapitale, the best quote was belair 675$ per year.

I have bungalow with basement, 1981, and swimming inground pool, i dont have garage.

who has the best quote?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38215 posts
24393 upvotes
Center of Universe
Rlcky wrote: I'm up for renewal in August 10, and looking to renew my home insurance.

Currently i'm with SSQauto and got the renewal which they increase by 200$ on 2 years contract total before tax is 1242$ (621$ per year), I have also 2 cars with SSQauto.

What's better to go with broker or call directly to get a quote?

I called Belair, Desjardins, wawanesa, lacapitale, the best quote was belair 675$ per year.

I have bungalow with basement, 1981, and swimming inground pool, i dont have garage.

who has the best quote?
What's the size of your home?
What type of coverage for $675/year?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2584 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
Any issues with Belair. I am looking at their flyer and have not heard of them before. Alberta coverage. I can find out their pricing via quickquote but how are they to deal with when needed. All insurance guys will take your money but there is a difference in the claim resolution between them. Coverage for both car and home.
Feb 28, 2009
894 posts
541 upvotes
Ottawa
Try TD meloche monnex. We've been with them for auto and home for a number of years and been happy. We do receive a discount from them. They give discounts if you graduated from certain universities or are a member of professional associations (like CPA). Their regular rates are still competitive
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2584 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
WGretzky wrote: Try TD meloche monnex. We've been with them for auto and home for a number of years and been happy. We do receive a discount from them. They give discounts if you graduated from certain universities or are a member of professional associations (like CPA). Their regular rates are still competitive
Know TD, have business with them, but trying to have a better handle on other issuers ...