• Sep 28th, 2020 7:54 am
[OP]
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
177 upvotes
Burlington

Home Office /Gaming Chair

Hi RFDers,
I'm looking to buy a new office chair as I'll be working from home for the rest of the year and 4 days from home . I use the chair in average 4 hours a day.

I came across this chair from secret lab
https://secretlabchairs.ca/collections/ ... 20-stealth

What do you guys think of it? The online review looks good.. but it cost $600 after tax.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4923 posts
1956 upvotes
I've been seeing ads for Autonomous... some of their chairs look pretty functional and reasonably priced.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6261 posts
2900 upvotes
Durham
My home office chair.

I have 5 more in the basement ... All from the 70s.

Works well.

IMG_20200715_144638.jpg
IMG_20200715_144645.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7220 posts
1555 upvotes
Toronto
jdmfishingonly wrote: My home office chair.

I have 5 more in the basement ... All from the 70s.

Works well.

IMG_20200715_144638.jpgIMG_20200715_144645.jpg
That is the bad kind of retro.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7220 posts
1555 upvotes
Toronto
kneeling chair is pretty badass, cheap, small so you can store it under your desk. It might not look comfy, but once you find the right positions, it is super comfy.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7323 posts
2309 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i often see those secretlabs ads on facebook. Looks tempting
Jun 9, 2012
471 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
Leather computer/gaming chairs = sweaty ass. If you are buying one, make sure you don't wear pants cause it'll get really uncomfortable fast.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6972 posts
2615 upvotes
Vancouver
Gaming chairs are NOT very good. I owned 4 before realizing they are horrible for long hours of work( or play, for that matter). Get an ergonomic chair with lumbar and heck support. Mesh seems to be the best in the long run(imho) as leather chairs don't last as long. Especially if you aren't spending $400+.
Here's an example of a great chair( don't look at the price tag as you can find these under $300)
https://www.amazon.ca/Meubles-bureau-er ... 086YH55P7/

And here's an example of absolute crap chair. Don't look at the fake reviews or reviews by people who were reviewing them after 1 day-1 week. Some who had those for a year+ gave real ratings!.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083F6V8Z7/ Unless you want to throw it out in 6months-2 years, avoid!!! I personally know 9( yes, 9!!) people who owned those chairs from various brands lasted 2 years nor those owners were happy about them. All got them due to the hype.
It looks great for 6 months, maybe a 1year and then peeling starts. Not to mention they are NOT that comfortable. They are made for 10 years old kids who want to feel they are in a racing chair and they were initially made for that - replica racing chairs for kids. Then adults who don't understand ergonomics or (usually) garbage quality of PU leather started to buy those. Add fake reviews by all the youtubers who were getting paid to review them, the nonsense grew larger than Kardashian's butt - but in the same fashion - fame for no reason.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3027 posts
734 upvotes
WFH these few months, I realized how crappy my leather office chairs are.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10125 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
Gaming chairs are overrated #$$##$)) _() %%?! /

My seat in my car is more comfortable.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Dec 8, 2019
160 posts
250 upvotes
I was stupid enough to buy a cougar gaming chair ... its like sitting on a park bench. Rock hard, uncomfortable and no way capable of being used for long hours
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2598 posts
1550 upvotes
Calgary
Gaming chairs are designed to look cool on YouTube videos and game streaming sites. That’s it!

Comfort & ergonomics is an afterthought.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1005 posts
1094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had a gaming chair for approximately 6 months. No butt support, no back support (other than the garbage pillows), and just bad.

After an 8 hr work day or gaming session, I'd have sore traps and lower back. Sitting "straight" in the gaming chair meant having no support for your back since the chair isnt designed ergonomically.

Swapped to a Steelcase Leap V2 and never looked back whatsoever. I could slouch and still be more comfortable than sitting in the gaming chair.

NEVER AGAIN!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2592 posts
1498 upvotes
Ontario
coilz wrote: Herman Miller and Logitech just released their collaboration gaming chair.... $1500USD.... https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming/h ... lang=en_US

12 year warranty..... marketed as " Your last Chair"..... almost be worth it if its true and that durable.
It's just an Embody chair in black and blue Logitech colors. , lol...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4923 posts
1956 upvotes
Bobberts wrote: For the price, this chair is good value, Autonomous MyoChair with headrest and legrest.

The wife has been using this chair for a month now and no complaints. I have the Hyken chair and it's terrible in comparison.

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs ... uter-chair
How's the seat cushion padding on the myochair? You think it'll be durable or flatten out in no time?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1246 posts
493 upvotes
are there any decent executive/leather chairs in the.... $200 range..? lol
May 12, 2014
969 posts
765 upvotes
Markham, ON
coilz wrote: How's the seat cushion padding on the myochair? You think it'll be durable or flatten out in no time?
The padding is on the firmer side. I'm assuming that should last longer than the plushier seats. How long seats last also depends on the user, my old crappy office chair I bought from Staples for $80 lasted 6 years before the seat became unbearable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)