Home & Garden

Home outdoor security camers with no subscription fees?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 11:10 pm
[OP]
May 18, 2018
534 posts
459 upvotes

Home outdoor security camers with no subscription fees?

Hi all,

I’m looking to add 2-3 outdoor security cameras to my house. By adding these I don’t want to pay a monthly or yearly subscription fees just so that I can use the cloud service to record the activity around my house. I want wireless cameras just because it’s a cleaner installation and I want to install something as quick as possible.

Of course I do want good recording quality in light and dark scenarios however I do understand that this comes at a price, so I’ll need to see what I can budget for. Even something that has a Blink or Ring cam recording quality will be acceptable. Big thing is the no yearly subscription fees, I want to store all my videos locally.

Can someone recommend any camera brands for this? More info the better, but I don’t mind doing my own research once the recommendations are in.

Thanks for your assistance
2 replies
Nov 10, 2019
251 posts
175 upvotes
I'm using this: Smonet Wireless Camera security from amazon.

Amazon Link

No major issues but it detects even the slightest dust moving about despite adjusting the sensitivity settings. It's great overall, for my model I store into a SD drive purchased from amazon. Nice night vision too.
Mar 25, 2002
619 posts
79 upvotes
I went the ubiquity way, but can get costly