Expired Hot Deals

[Home Outfitters] Breville Hemisphere Twist Blender - $99.99 (Sunday Feb 11 only)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2018 3:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
22325 posts
169424 upvotes
GTA

[Home Outfitters] Breville Hemisphere Twist Blender - $99.99 (Sunday Feb 11 only)

Home Outfitters has the Breville Hemisphere Twist blender for $99.99 for tomorrow (Sunday February 11) only. This sells for $150+ at most other retailers.

Image
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 22, 2001
7053 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
great deal on a great blender.
was on my short list when buying last year.

very well reviewed.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2051 posts
861 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Can't say anything about this specific blender but just want to say that breville has wonderful warranty support.

They replaced my unit and let me keep the jar for free!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2204 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
flyingnurse wrote: Can't say anything about this specific blender but just want to say that breville has wonderful warranty support.

They replaced my unit and let me keep the jar for free!
Too bad their warranty is only one year.
I have no experience with this blender either, but I feel it might be a bit underpowered (450w) for anything more than basics smoothies and mixing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3329 posts
1939 upvotes
Calgary
been a loooong time so I'm unsure if its the same exact model but I do believe I owned this. the only good thing is the glass jar but everything else is junk. like the vid shows, it doesnt blend well & clean up's a biaatch. sold it & got a vitamix instead. its been 6 yrs on vitamix & nothing but a joy to use @1-2x daily.

that said, I think I paid $200 (or thereabouts) so this is a pretty good deal but I'd pass if it were me.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2001
846 posts
138 upvotes
I've never heard of the twist, but the Hemisphere line is overall supposed to very good. America's Test Kitchen love the Hemisphere Control
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 22, 2001
7053 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
scotsum wrote: been a loooong time so I'm unsure if its the same exact model but I do believe I owned this. the only good thing is the glass jar but everything else is junk. like the vid shows, it doesnt blend well & clean up's a biaatch. sold it & got a vitamix instead. its been 6 yrs on vitamix & nothing but a joy to use @1-2x daily.

that said, I think I paid $200 (or thereabouts) so this is a pretty good deal but I'd pass if it were me.
you seriously comparing this blender to one that costs 4-6x as much?
Kinda like saying a bmw 3 series are better than a KIA Forte.

One of the reasons this is a good blender is because the bottom of the inside of the glass jar is rounded.
This allows all the ingredients to mix better. Most blenders have square or sharp angle at the bottom of the jug.

at 450w, it is only really good at smoothies. But it is also quieter. If you need more power, look at some of the bigger brothers.

http://bestblenders.reviews/breville-co ... eview.html

Both amazon and bestbuy have tons of reviews for several models.

At $100 it is a great buy.
At $400, it would be a terrible buy, but it is not $400. Not even $200.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3329 posts
1939 upvotes
Calgary
balou911 wrote: you seriously comparing this blender to one that costs 4-6x as much?
Kinda like saying a bmw 3 series are better than a KIA Forte.

One of the reasons this is a good blender is because the bottom of the inside of the glass jar is rounded.
This allows all the ingredients to mix better. Most blenders have square or sharp angle at the bottom of the jug.

at 450w, it is only really good at smoothies. But it is also quieter. If you need more power, look at some of the bigger brothers.

http://bestblenders.reviews/breville-co ... eview.html

Both amazon and bestbuy have tons of reviews for several models.

At $100 it is a great buy.
At $400, it would be a terrible buy, but it is not $400. Not even $200.
like I wrote, I do believe this is a good deal as it is. I'm not trying to compare but instead, giving my personal views based on actual experience with a breville blender. for me, the most important factor south of doing a good job on its intended purpose is the ease of use & clean up. otherwise, it'll just sit in a cabinet by its lonesome - be honest, how many gadgets have we bought that gets used alot the 1st week (or month) & then sits & gathers dust waiting for the dreaded once in a blue. for me, that's usually cos of the hassle of usage = clean up.

again for me, the extra cost of my vitamix is balanced by the amount of use it sees which is 1-2x daily 5x per week. I dont think I can ever go back to any lesser blender but YMMV ofcos.
Member
User avatar
May 15, 2002
265 posts
2 upvotes
Bought one from Yorkdale location and tested making a smoothie. Note that the jar is plastic, not glass. So far am satisfied. The Costo Versa pointed above for $130 does look more versatile and more power.

Top