• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2020 8:38 pm
[OP]
Mar 10, 2010
19 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan

Home Security Camera Options

I just moved into a new house and I am planning to put a security system with 2 cameras - front and back of property. I checked with Bell/rogers/ADT and they charge an arm and a leg if you were to put in 2 cameras. I am planning to get security system from one of these companies with 1 camera and add additional cameras to their infrastructure myself. Is this a good way? Any recommendations on a more optimal approach?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34510 posts
20549 upvotes
Center of Universe
Check out Ring doorbell and flood light cameras.
For USD $100/year, you get unlimited connected devices and 24/7 professional alarm monitoring, if you want to go that route also.
Hardware is expensive when not on sale though.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2173 posts
377 upvotes
Rogers has promotions for free install from time to time...we got ours done for free and have 2 cameras..just the monthly monitoring. Oh yeah, also got keyless entry doors no charge
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10852 posts
2691 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Get your own system & dont pay any fees to these rip off companies.

I got my camera setup from here - https://www.smarteyesdirect.com
They sell Galaxy brand and also Hikvision which is a very good popular brand.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32921 posts
6519 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
sickcars wrote: They sell Galaxy brand and also Hikvision which is a very good popular brand.
Galaxy is just a rebranded HikVision

Can't go wrong with either.

If you're going to put the effort into security. Do it properly. You will need more than two cameras. Make sure you have every angle covered. The perimeter of your house should have no blind spots.