Expired Hot Deals

Dyson DC51 - $329 In-Store

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2014 7:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
23318 posts
11418 upvotes
Toronto

Dyson DC51 - $329 In-Store

Price:
329
[IMG]http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-ca/vacuumc ... 718&mh=454[/IMG]

Spotted the Dyson DC51 at Home Sense this evening for $329.99. Like previous models sold at Home Sense / Winners / Marshalls, these are likely refurbished units that are showing that they carry a 2-year warranty.

RedFlagDeals looked like they had an exclusive on this model with Dyson back in February, who had to say:
the DC51 Animal is an upright vacuum, [it] feature the following:
2 Tier Radial cyclones
Third generation Ball technology
Hygienic bin emptying
Light, compact size with the performance of a full-sized machine
Both models come with a full two-year warranty, which is exceptional in the world of refurbished goods.

There were 2 at the Oshawa Home Sense
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, these are 100% Refurbished as they are in a brown box right?
Jr. Member
Feb 19, 2011
113 posts
80 upvotes
I got one last year for about the same price. I'm very satisfied and I'm impressed with it. It's robust and it was like-new even though it is supposed to be refurbished.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 27, 2003
1432 posts
526 upvotes
North York
I got refurb dyson from Home Sense a few yrs back and the hose broke. The company mailed me a new one with receipt emailed, great warranty.
Sr. Member
Aug 22, 2004
814 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Good vacuum. Got one last week. Suction isn't as strong as my old Hoover but it picks up more stuff. Alot of accessories with this model as well.
Member
Jul 28, 2005
228 posts
282 upvotes
Spotted refurb DC23 Motorhead and DC37 Turbinehead for $299.99 each at Warden/Eglinton Home Sense. They also had a small handheld but didn't get the details on that one.

The DC23 can be had for the same price directly through Dyson, but the DC37 is $389.99 when available.
I am...therefore I think :idea:
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1437 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
A2B-Civic wrote: Suction isn't as strong as my old Hoover but it picks up more stuff.
Can you explain this in a little bit more detail, please? To me, the equation is "more suction = picking up more stuff."

How is a vacuum able to have lower suction yet pick up more dirt?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2006
4565 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
StratMangler wrote: Can you explain this in a little bit more detail, please? To me, the equation is "more suction = picking up more stuff."

How is a vacuum able to have lower suction yet pick up more dirt?
lol...you got him there!
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 29, 2011
1231 posts
601 upvotes
The 6ix
Does home sense offer extended warranty?
Member
Oct 12, 2010
290 posts
118 upvotes
I purchased this from homesense last week. The vacuum is strong as hell, ideal for picking up dust/hair. BUT, when it comes to anything larger than that, and I mean literally things as small as cat kibble, they just get pushed around. It's not a power issue, problem is the self adjusting head does not lift high enough so anything that's taller than half a cm will not go under. I thought maybe this was an issue with my unit but after doing some research this is a known issue. Having said that I think I'm still gonna keep it because I rarely need to pick up spills/broken glass and its amazing for pet hair/dust.
Also someone else in the thread had said it comes with a lot of accessories, that's not true for these refurbished models which only come with the multi tool and stair tool.
lastly someone asked about extended warranty, if u have a Homesense membership (free) you can extend return from 10 days to 30.
Sr. Member
Aug 22, 2004
814 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
StratMangler wrote: Can you explain this in a little bit more detail, please? To me, the equation is "more suction = picking up more stuff."

How is a vacuum able to have lower suction yet pick up more dirt?
Its modern day voodoo. I vaccumed the day before with my Hoover and picked up my Dyson at night. Tried it out on the area and it grabbed more dirt.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1437 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
A2B-Civic wrote: Its modern day voodoo. I vaccumed the day before with my Hoover and picked up my Dyson at night. Tried it out on the area and it grabbed more dirt.
And how does that explain your conclusion that the Hoover has more suction?
Member
Sep 30, 2010
440 posts
157 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone seen this at HomeSenses lately? Particularly in Marham/Richmond Hill or even Toronto/Scarborough?
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2008
115 posts
32 upvotes
Niagara Region
If you have an Amerifriend or have a US post office box, the DC50 (same vacuum, US Part #) is available new from Target online only for US$349 and free shipping. With the crappy exchange rate right now it's not as good a deal as it was a month ago, though.
Sr. Member
Sep 14, 2007
941 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
My GF purchased one from cookstown factory outlet mall. Also refurb and around the same price, I think it was a different model though because the purple part is red coloured on hers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 25, 2007
3188 posts
2559 upvotes
If anyone is in the market for a Dyson I highly recommend the canister version. I have used both and recently got a great deal in the US for a DC39 at $289.99 (expired now, it was posted on RFD).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2005
1293 posts
672 upvotes
StratMangler wrote: And how does that explain your conclusion that the Hoover has more suction?
It's louder so it must be more powerful.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)