Home Staging Course - Question

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2020 9:18 pm
Nov 28, 2008
291 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto

Home Staging Course - Question

Hey all, I'm looking to doing Home Staging. I want to be a certified Home Stager. I have looked into it, it seems like the two top places are CSP International (3 day course) and Ultimate Academy (5days course). Have anyone done it? any sugesstions on which one is better ? or any other institutes to do these course? Both are costing me around 2500+tax. Any help would be much appreciated.
6 replies
Nov 10, 2013
492 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I am not familiar with either, but since I have an unemployed designer in the family, ask what is the value of these?
Certifications, as a rule, are an income for the certifying body. In my field (IT) they do not provide knowledge or skills (some will disagree), but they might get your resume through HR.
In something like home staging, I'd think you need to work for somebody and learn the trade and you obviously need a talent for that.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2043 posts
2338 upvotes
gobseck wrote: I am not familiar with either, but since I have an unemployed designer in the family, ask what is the value of these?
Certifications, as a rule, are an income for the certifying body. In my field (IT) they do not provide knowledge or skills (some will disagree), but they might get your resume through HR.
In something like home staging, I'd think you need to work for somebody and learn the trade and you obviously need a talent for that.
Same thing as it tells the homeowner in this case, the person has some understanding of what is involved. Helps them get through the door and gives them a chance to walk through samples of the work. Otherwise, agree with you one the income for the certifying body. Seems like everything has some sort of certification these days.
Nov 10, 2013
492 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
maple1 wrote: Same thing as it tells the homeowner in this case, the person has some understanding of what is involved. Helps them get through the door and gives them a chance to walk through samples of the work. Otherwise, agree with you one the income for the certifying body. Seems like everything has some sort of certification these days.
Home staging is marketed by web sites, build a nice one and you're in business. JMO
Nov 28, 2008
291 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for inputs guys.. im looking to do it as my own business, so i thought about doing the course. I'll research more about it, and i guess i can learn and see other stagings and learn from it, instead of spending 2500 on a course. I think building a good website is one of the key.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2043 posts
2338 upvotes
gobseck wrote: Home staging is marketed by web sites, build a nice one and you're in business. JMO
Fair enough though I would maybe view the certification as a way to separate the business from all the others. More than anything, this would be a referral business.

Good luck to OP.
Feb 15, 2016
130 posts
5 upvotes
LanceR04 wrote: Hey all, I'm looking to doing Home Staging. I want to be a certified Home Stager. I have looked into it, it seems like the two top places are CSP International (3 day course) and Ultimate Academy (5days course). Have anyone done it? any sugesstions on which one is better ? or any other institutes to do these course? Both are costing me around 2500+tax. Any help would be much appreciated.
This sounds very interesting
More like interior designing....have you considered pursuing any designing courses?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)