• Sep 13th, 2022 3:15 am
Tags:
None
May 14, 2013
83 posts
83 upvotes
Jan 22 - Applied
Feb 5 - Received confirmation email
Mar 22 - Called to get update. My application is still being processed. The representative estimated that if I'm approved, I should received the card in 7-10 business days.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5485 posts
1854 upvotes
Toronto
Efx wrote: I applied in Jan. Jan 21 was credit hit. Only got one email back in Feb. Still waiting for the PIN/Card.
This card is going straight in the shredder as soon as it arrives.
What a waste. Why did you even apply?
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1566 posts
335 upvotes
Ajax
Applied because i needed to replace my Amazon visa. Already went on vacation and then Brim card popped up, which i applied for since i am waiting anyways.

To be honest, the way HT is handling my application turned me off enough to throw in the garbage.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5485 posts
1854 upvotes
Toronto
Efx wrote: Applied because i needed to replace my Amazon visa. Already went on vacation and then Brim card popped up, which i applied for since i am waiting anyways.

To be honest, the way HT is handling my application turned me off enough to throw in the garbage.
Just wondering why you would shred it before you even receive/get approved for Brim. Never count your eggs before they hatch.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1330 posts
369 upvotes
Mississauga
0% forex is a patient man's game, no doubt about it. To get it we have to put up with various quirks on the part of card issuers. We had to deal with a 1990s website from Chase despite their being one of the largest banks in the world and having more money than god. With HT, we have to put up with the fact that they just weren't prepared for tens of thousands of applicants in the span of a few weeks (understandable, imo). From Brim, we're dealing with a startup that's still finding its footing, but has definitely offered some interesting things.

With Rogers and Scotia... well, you just have to put up with them being Rogers and Scotia; the worst telecom and big 5 bank in Canada, respectively.
Last edited by TM2Megatron on Mar 22nd, 2018 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1638 posts
516 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
TM2Megatron wrote: With a Rogers and Scotia... well, you just have to put up with them being Rogers and Scotia; the worst telecom and big 5 bank in Canada, respectively.
Scotia took over the Sears MasterCard with the 0% forex.
The day I received the letter from Scotia announcing the removal of the 0% forex, I canceled the stupid card and forever will avoid doing business with them.
Jul 15, 2003
102 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Applied on Jan 25th and got approved email on March 20th.
May 14, 2013
83 posts
83 upvotes
h-rev wrote: Applied on Jan 25th and got approved email on March 20th.
It seems they are not going in order...I applied January 22 and still waiting...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9082 posts
1558 upvotes
TO
Wow, lol what a gong show of a card/waiting time this is. Not even worth the hassle. They take their sweet time.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5751 posts
1323 upvotes
rural ontario
Jruuu wrote: I called multiple times in the past, though was not able to get to a rep. because of the long wait times. I just tried calling again, and after finally getting through to someone, have been told they do not see any declined transactions. Sure enough, I logged in to my account and the declined transactions previously showing have vanished from my list of transactions. The rep. informed me that my account is in good standing, and was not able to give me any info. about why this was happening. All things considered, I plan to cancel this card once I find an alternative.
While in the USA I bring a couple of cards with me. I've found that its not uncommon for a card to randomly get declined. Sometimes trying a few times over and over again gets it going, other times its a different card. go to the next store and its fine again.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9144 posts
10315 upvotes
The Prairies
Zensa06 wrote: It seems they are not going in order...I applied January 22 and still waiting...
Your application likely got sent to a senior analyst for review, and is therefore taking longer to process.
Or, your application has been declined and you have yet to receive your letter.
Mar 21, 2018
1 posts
Applied on January 22 and received a confirmation email on February 5. Called today to enquire about the status of my application. Was told that they were still working on it.
Mar 21, 2018
10 posts
Applied Jan 21
Confirmation Email Feb 5
Credit hit March 13
Approval Email March 16
Now waiting for the card and PIN; think I should receive them either today or tomorrow
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3322 upvotes
bylo wrote: Read carefully. The restriction is 10 transactions per day.
Has anyone confirmed whether that 10 transaction limit is per account or per card yet?
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Mar 21, 2018
10 posts
Seems that the supplementary cards share the same number as the primary card so it would make sense if it is 10 transactions per day per account (total of all cards)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1638 posts
516 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
kami7jun wrote: Applied Jan 21
Confirmation Email Feb 5
Credit hit March 13
Approval Email March 16
Now waiting for the card and PIN; think I should receive them either today or tomorrow
They are mailed out separately, likely one week apart.
You aren't done waiting yet.
Oct 9, 2013
99 posts
19 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
ProfessorChaos wrote: Just wondering why you would shred it before you even receive/get approved for Brim. Never count your eggs before they hatch.
I cancelled mine before taking a hard hit. With such a wild delay, it really didn't inspire my faith in customer service should something go wrong with the card.

So knowing Brim was out there, I had little interest in taking a hard hit, just to switch. Then I found I qualified for a fee waiver on the Scotia Passport Infinite and I was extra glad I cancelled the HomeTrust card.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1878 posts
227 upvotes
Applied Jan 25
Confirmation email Feb 5
Credit hit March 16
Approval email March 21

I applied to Brim Feb 28 and have only heard crickets to date.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
I applied January 20, and I’ve only received the confirmation email.

I did sent Home Trust a message via Facebook, and I received a response that someone would get back to me within a few days.

Who knows.

EDIT: and of course I get the approval mail just a few hours ago...
Last edited by Balduno on Mar 23rd, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2007
992 posts
934 upvotes
GTA
kami7jun wrote: Seems that the supplementary cards share the same number as the primary card so it would make sense if it is 10 transactions per day per account (total of all cards)
OTOH, even though the supplementary card(s) share the same number as the primary card, they each have individual PIN's, so there might be a way for the card processor to distinguish between them, should they wish to do so.