Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3805 posts
920 upvotes
adrian2 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:06 am
Agreed; that's why in our household we replaced 2 Amazon.ca Visas with a Home Trust Visa and a Rogers MasterCard.
The HT Visa will be used for any foreign purchases where there is a chance of a refund.
I’m trying to do the same thing.

Already have the Fido card, just waiting on the Home Trust.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3805 posts
1716 upvotes
on the links
Edmontonian22 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 3:41 pm
See Link Below
"Concerned about the limit of 10 transactions per day? We recommend checking out the Rogers Platinum Mastercard as well before you make a decision on which card to go with. The Rogers card doesn’t waive foreign transaction fees per se, but it does provide extra cash back on purchases made in a foreign currency, which outweighs (and then some) the foreign trans fees."
https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/home-tr ... sa-review/
Not any longer

Evidently, Rogers needs to set aside some cash for Josh Donaldson's next contract
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4590 posts
2301 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 6:18 am
Not any longer

Evidently, Rogers needs to set aside some cash for Josh Donaldson's next contract
Coles notes. Starting May 23

Only 3% on foreign exchange making the effective cash back 0.5% on forex spend

No annual fee on rogers card. You will be refunded a pro-rated amount.

Earn rate domestically dropped to 1.25%

Makes the fido card obsolete. Same changes to fido.
Feb 2, 2007
667 posts
443 upvotes
GTA
mech9t5 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 6:58 am

One more change: Rogers products (including Fido, chatr) charged to the card will earn 2%.

This card has been semi-tangerined. Confused Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8228 posts
3361 upvotes
Markham
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 6:25 pm
Well, mitigated, not avoided.

You get Priority Pass membership and 6 free lounge passes each year.

The points earned from signup make up some cost.

Plus the other benefits (travel insurance, travel cancellation, purchase insurance, no FX fee)...albeit most cards have these minus the FX bonus.

Although I feel I should wait and see what else pops up now that Scotiabank has opened the door on no FX fees. No doubt the other banks will have to compete now and the "first to market" may not the best option once the competition has time to digest the market and offers their cards.
That actually sounds like a churnable card.
Feb 15, 2018
35 posts
12 upvotes
Question for those who have this CC already
How long does it take your payment to get posted into your account?
I've tried two different banks from two different accounts so far: BMO & CIBC...it takes 3 business days to get posted..& If you transfer your payment on the weekends is 4.
Any other CC that I have with the 5 big banks it only takes two business days period.
Images
  • Visa-Preferred-light_243x153.png
Nov 19, 2017
4 posts
3 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Looks like I will be canceling my Home Trust Visa. They are an absolute nightmare!!

I noticed an irregularity in my statement. I've been trying to reach their customer service. for 2 days now. 1st attempt I was on hold for over 50 minutes, all I got was horrendous music and a recording to keep holding. I finally gave up. I tried later and was on hold another 30 minutes. No one answers the phone.

I tried again today I've now been on hold for over an hour. I'm still on hold while typing this. Absolutely abysmal Customer Service. I can only imagine being out of the country and having an urgent issue arise and they don't come to the phone.

I think I'm done with this Mickey Mouse outfit. This aggravation isn't worth saving 2.5 % foreign transaction fees.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1528 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
SteveDallas wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:50 am
I noticed an irregularity in my statement.
What kind of irregularity, if you don't mind me asking?
Nov 19, 2017
4 posts
3 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
diav wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:59 am
What kind of irregularity, if you don't mind me asking?
Charge from a Hotel in USA was charged twice on my Card. Hotel insists they only put through one transaction. Yet I have been charged twice. Trying to get clarification from Home Trust. I have now been on hold 1 hour and 30 minutes !!!! Unbelievable. I'm done with these clowns once I get this clarified.
I've now emailed the office of the Ombudsman while on hold.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1241 posts
468 upvotes
Vancouver
SteveDallas wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:18 am
Charge from a Hotel in USA was charged twice on my Card. Hotel insists they only put through one transaction. Yet I have been charged twice. Trying to get clarification from Home Trust. I have now been on hold 1 hour and 30 minutes !!!! Unbelievable. I'm done with these clowns once I get this clarified.
I've now emailed the office of the Ombudsman while on hold.
Many other credit card issuers have wait times that are that long on numerous occasions...don't get your panties in a bunch.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4743 posts
1172 upvotes
Vancouver
i had the wife setup up the online access and the security questoin she chose were not appearing when she tried login ; they were other questoins. So now she has to wait on the phone. So dumb
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3805 posts
920 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 6:58 am

I disagree that this makes the Rogers cards obsolete. For a free card, it’s fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4590 posts
2301 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:51 am
I disagree that this makes the Rogers cards obsolete. For a free card, it’s fine.
I don't think you understand.

The changes made to the rogers card effectively made it the same as the fido card. There is no need for 2 of the same product making one of them obsolete.

Given that rogers is the mother brand, I would assume the fido card can go away.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1700 posts
1205 upvotes
Guelph, ON
I think I may give up on this card, I haven’t heard back from Home Trust since I applied in late January, plus there haven’t been any credit checks on my report. I tried contacting them on Facebook but they just said it’s in the queue. Oh well
I like credit unions.
Member with DUCA Credit Union. Accounts with Tangerine, BMO, and EQ Bank.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2873 posts
266 upvotes
Is there a way to cancel the application? I think I’ll just go with Brim. The only reason I want to cancel my app is because I don’t want multiple CCs and don’t want them to perform a credit check. Furthermore, I also heard carrying multiple CCs or carrying CCs with no transactions can also lower your credit score?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)