• Oct 3rd, 2022 4:08 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2009
1032 posts
489 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
Has anyone been receiving email alerts for new statements?

Under 'Alerts', there is a mandatory alert pre-configured for 'New statement is available'. But I've never received it.

I've set up other alerts and I receive those. But I've never received the new statement alert and that's the main one I actually want.
Feb 5, 2016
269 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has processing time decreased or will I have to wait 3 months if I apply today.
Dec 9, 2010
452 posts
81 upvotes
dee88 wrote: HomeTrust
Feb 19: Applied
May 9: Received email for additional info
No approval yet

Rogers World Elite
May 25: Applied
June 1: Card in hand
whatisbwana wrote: Has processing time decreased or will I have to wait 3 months if I apply today.
3 months is pretty generous
My Zoomer Wireless cell phone plan:
$36 monthly, 3GB Rogers LTE data, 400 Canada-wide min, Unlimited text
$50 referral bonus, and free Samsung J3 cell phone
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4417 posts
1761 upvotes
Ottawa
HotYaris wrote: Mine is 7k and almost feel insulted.
buddshek wrote: When I cancelled my card last month because I received a lousy 3k they told me the max credit limit for this card is only 8k. If I would wait for 12 month's I would receive a credit limit increase. No thanks
What's with people wanting such high credit limits... are you really gonna charge that much every month?
Jan 20, 2018
250 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
john.canad wrote: What's with people wanting such high credit limits... are you really gonna charge that much every month?
Dangerous (bragging rights) ..... even if you have a card with a 10K limit, isn't that enough?
Apr 20, 2018
7 posts
Vancouver Island
john.canad wrote: What's with people wanting such high credit limits... are you really gonna charge that much every month?
I use this card when I go on Vacation to pay for hotels etc. I'm gone for 6 weeks at a time, on average. I charge well over 8k in hotels when I'm gone.
Jul 28, 2006
707 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
whatisbwana wrote: Has processing time decreased or will I have to wait 3 months if I apply today.
im at 4 months
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1841 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
TRD604 wrote: im at 4 months
Same here as well. Officially at 4 months today. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1841 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
diav wrote: Same here as well. Officially at 4 months today. Face With Tears Of Joy
lol I spoke too soon. Just got an email from someone at HT indicating my application has been approved.

Here's a timeline:
- Feb 08 applied online
- March 28 credit check
- April 18 asked to send in copies of 3 documents
- May 09 called to follow-up, CSR said she'd email the appropriate dept to look at my application, couldn't give me an answer about whether they received my 3 documents
- June 04 called to follow-up again, CSR said the same thing as my last call and told me to wait it out
- June 08 approval email

I don't think I've waited this long for a credit card lol I applied for Fido MC on Feb 16, instantly approved, and got the card within a week. Kind of amazing how HT is handling these applications...

Now let's see how long it'll take to get the PIN and card... Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4417 posts
1761 upvotes
Ottawa
BigTotoro wrote: I use this card when I go on Vacation to pay for hotels etc. I'm gone for 6 weeks at a time, on average. I charge well over 8k in hotels when I'm gone.
Just pay it off as you go if you're really that ballin'
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2991 posts
2799 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
TRD604 wrote: im at 4 months
I’m heading towards 6 months with no movement on my file (despite countless calls) so I’d say things are going well for you.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10900 posts
2023 upvotes
I would love to have it higher. I have to pay off a large vacation and will end up having to make payments early, pay it off and then charge again instead of doing it all in one shot.
Dec 6, 2008
22 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, Alberta
Is there any way to cancel an application so that it does not hit my credit?

I applied today and i don't have 4 months to wait to get the card.

Since I'm going to be travelling out of the country for a month in August it's probably a better option for me to go with the Rogers World Elite card.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1841 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
deeyounee wrote: Is there any way to cancel an application so that it does not hit my credit?

Since I'm going to be travelling out of the country for a month in August it's probably a better option for me to go with the Rogers World Elite card.
You could call but some people indicated in this thread that they called to cancel but HT still went ahead with their applications....
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1638 posts
516 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
diav wrote: You could call but some people indicated in this thread that they called to cancel but HT still went ahead with their applications....
And when they received their cards, some crybabies among them cut them up in protest. Nerd Face
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9155 posts
10334 upvotes
The Prairies
deeyounee wrote: Is there any way to cancel an application so that it does not hit my credit?

It’s not necessarily going to take 4 months to process your application.
Recent data points have people getting their cards much sooner.
Perhaps HT has changed the way applications are processed, or they called in reinforcements.
Apr 20, 2018
7 posts
Vancouver Island
john.canad wrote:
Just pay it off as you go if you're really that ballin'
Don't know why you would think thats ballin, but anyhow...

I don't pay it while I'm away for a few reasons, but one of them being I don't do any online banking on internet connections in alot of the places I go.

I'd personally rather not risk access to my actual bank accounts.

I've pre-paid on a few occasions before leaving on vacation as well.

However with shopping and other things its hard sometimes to estimate how much you will or wont spend.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2314 posts
2508 upvotes
HotYaris wrote: And when they received their cards, some crybabies among them cut them up in protest. Nerd Face
that's right. I hope they proved their point. in the end long forgotten 🤣

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)