• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 4:08 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2877 posts
1415 upvotes
McMaggot wrote: What company actually provides the roadside services?

IE. TD uses AXA (utter garbage, Sykes was the best)
BMO uses DAA (not CAA)
hopetindall wrote: I'm going to call them and find out more on Monday.
Any news on Roadside service provider?
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1066 posts
806 upvotes
Mississauga
McMaggot wrote: Any news on Roadside service provider?
Nope - I emailed them and haven't heard back - and haven't called them yet. My bad.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1066 posts
806 upvotes
Mississauga
I finally called them.

(Note: I've found the HomeTrust customer service people very helpful any time I've spoken with them).

There is a special number to call for HomeTrust Roadside assistance.

It's 1-877-585-3232 apparently.

They tell me the service provider is RSA (Royal Sun Alliance); the same people that underwrite their purchase security, etc.

In reality I imagine that RSA (an insurance company) actually subcontracts one of the other providers.

Best I could do.

PHT
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2877 posts
1415 upvotes
Thanks. It is much appreciated.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1066 posts
806 upvotes
Mississauga
mmikeman wrote: I am assuming this point no apple pay no nfc payments and no app to access bill, Home Trust as far as i know still has an older system this lets you login to check basic info online, I decided to apply w/645 TU and 644 EQ interesting part is only soft pull on EQ and its been 3 days since (Ive been monitoring TU and EQ), I do have a mortgage with them and had the secured card with them so well see how this goes, I called about the roadside assist, after the 5km its $2 to $3 km paid to tow truck driver directly, still not that bad canadian tire has one that is $45 on sale you get 10km...and I guess that one even is usually $69, will update thread on approval the next 10 days

@mmikeman

can I ask - what is your average age of accounts on Equifax? with the 644 score

My score has plunged drastically as a result of opening many new accounts/dropping my average age.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1085 posts
415 upvotes
Windsor, ON
hopetindall wrote: @mmikeman

can I ask - what is your average age of accounts on Equifax? with the 644 score

My score has plunged drastically as a result of opening many new accounts/dropping my average age.
Mine as well :( , its 2 years and 1 month now, it used to be 2 years 6 months, this is definitely normal, rebound time for your score per trade opened seems to be 3 to 6 months, as the trades mature and balances are paid down score will increase back to normal
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1085 posts
415 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Update today got a call from Home Trust, got denied which is understandable considering how many trades I have open, they asked me several times how I found out about the card and told me its usually only offered at mortgage renewal, the good news about the situation only sacrificed a soft hit on my equifax no hard hit on tu or equifax found, not sure if its because I have a mortgage with them or what
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1066 posts
806 upvotes
Mississauga
mmikeman wrote: Update today got a call from Home Trust, got denied which is understandable considering how many trades I have open, they asked me several times how I found out about the card and told me its usually only offered at mortgage renewal, the good news about the situation only sacrificed a soft hit on my equifax no hard hit on tu or equifax found, not sure if its because I have a mortgage with them or what
I think their application page comes up on a Google search, so it's not exactly secret.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1085 posts
415 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Correction actualy did get hard pulled on equifax only showed up today, just a 1 point loss no big deal
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4081 posts
3952 upvotes
on the links!
Has anyone without a prior Home Trust relationship (i.e. Mortgage or other credit product) successfully applied for this card?

Given that Chase Amazon may be going the way of the Dodo, this may be a potential alternative if/when that day arrives.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2877 posts
1415 upvotes
I nominate you @Sauerkraut. Anybody second that motion?
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4017 upvotes
BC
Sauerkraut wrote: Has anyone without a prior Home Trust relationship (i.e. Mortgage or other credit product) successfully applied for this card?

Given that Chase Amazon may be going the way of the Dodo, this may be a potential alternative if/when that day arrives.
McMaggot wrote: I nominate you @Sauerkraut. Anybody second that motion?
Seconded
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6444 posts
5094 upvotes
This card looks interesting. Roadside benefit is pretty limited but better than none. The highlights are insurance, no fx fee for a no fee card.

Let's see how Amazon Visa is going towards.... At least now we have another Visa card with no fx fee for places like Costco USA.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4081 posts
3952 upvotes
on the links!
McMaggot wrote: I nominate you @Sauerkraut. Anybody second that motion?
ace604 wrote: Seconded
Sorry, no. The impetus for me to apply just doesn’t have an urgency to it, since both Chase and Rogers are still going strong. I will, however, watch vicariously as someone else takes the plunge.
Apr 1, 2009
115 posts
27 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote: Sorry, no. The impetus for me to apply just doesn’t have an urgency to it, since both Chase and Rogers are still going strong. I will, however, watch vicariously as someone else takes the plunge.
I took the plunge, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2877 posts
1415 upvotes
Clarky wrote: I took the plunge, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Please keep us apprised.

As for @Sauerkraut, you can not blame the old man, important factors start succumbing to gravity as you age. :p
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3268 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Clarky wrote: I took the plunge, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Please keep us posted. This will be a good alternative if they remove the 0% forex on Amazon
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2122 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Where do you see the 0% Forex on their site? I must be blind because I can't see it.
Celebrating 19+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2877 posts
1415 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: Where do you see the 0% Forex on their site? I must be blind because I can't see it.
Read the disclosure.