• Mar 28th, 2024 6:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
firehawk12 wrote: I had no idea there were credit card "middle ware" companies.
That's essentially what Brim is to their partners like CWB and Laurentian.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2829 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
How long after you signed up to hear back from them? Did they email you to confirm approval or it just showed up?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2511 posts
229 upvotes
dnyc wrote: How long after you signed up to hear back from them? Did they email you to confirm approval or it just showed up?

Just showed up. Signed up basically a few days after the Brim news, so sometime mid March.

Also thank god I saw the inactivity fee. lol
May 12, 2020
388 posts
429 upvotes
firehawk12 wrote: Just showed up. Signed up basically a few days after the Brim news, so sometime mid March.

Also thank god I saw the inactivity fee. lol
Thanks for sharing. I just saw they did a credit check the day I applied, but nothing after that initial email saying welcome and I would hear from them soon. So I assume my card will just show up as well. It's been about 6 business days now.
Feb 7, 2008
642 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
dnyc wrote: I can’t seem to get a verification number sent to my email to apply. Are you using Gmail?
Did you ever get a vertification number? I got nothing with icloud, gmail, or outlook (and checked junk).
Mobile: Public Mobile Can-US 74 gb, 34$
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2829 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
mgrimace wrote: Did you ever get a vertification number? I got nothing with icloud, gmail, or outlook (and checked junk).
Yes.. for some reason they all came through to my spam folder.. but I checked multiple times before. Then it just worked fine and it came through my spam instantly.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1854 posts
1106 upvotes
12345678910111213 wrote: Thanks for sharing. I just saw they did a credit check the day I applied, but nothing after that initial email saying welcome and I would hear from them soon. So I assume my card will just show up as well. It's been about 6 business days now.
I am guessing there's no confirmation email? I applied about a week ago, no email
Just checked credit report, no credit check.... I called their customer service and they said if I never got email, the application probably never went through, there is no way for them to check as well .... their customer service rep sounds clueless....
May 12, 2020
388 posts
429 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: I am guessing there's no confirmation email? I applied about a week ago, no email
Just checked credit report, no credit check.... I called their customer service and they said if I never got email, the application probably never went through, there is no way for them to check as well .... their customer service rep sounds clueless....
Today I received pin numbers in the mail. So time line so far is:

1) Received welcome email with verification code while applying

2) After finishing the application the website thanked me for applying, gave me a reference number, a phone number to contact if I had any questions and said I would hear from them soon

3) I saw when my credit report was updated that they did a check on my account the same day I applied, so it must have been automated

4) 8 business days later I received a note saying my CC is on the way with a pin in the mail
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1854 posts
1106 upvotes
12345678910111213 wrote: Today I received pin numbers in the mail. So time line so far is:

2) After finishing the application the website thanked me for applying, gave me a reference number, a phone number to contact if I had any questions and said I would hear from them soon

3) I saw when my credit report was updated that they did a check on my account the same day I applied, so it must have been automated

4) 8 business days later I received a note saying my CC is on the way with a pin in the mail
Thanks

I applied one week ago but no credit check, so I guess maybe my application didn't go through... Will wait another week see if I get any mail....
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
firehawk12 wrote: Signed up basically a few days after the Brim news, so sometime mid March.

Also thank god I saw the inactivity fee.
Whose inactivity fee? Brim, or HT?

Please share the details.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12573 upvotes
Markham
banker8 wrote: Whose inactivity fee? Brim, or HT?

Please share the details.
HT
May 12, 2020
388 posts
429 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: Thanks

I applied one week ago but no credit check, so I guess maybe my application didn't go through... Will wait another week see if I get any mail....
You're welcome, I can now update and likely close off the entire time line for your awareness of what to expect. I would guess you are correct and your initial application didn't go through:

5) 9 business days later I now received a welcome email that my pin and card are on the way and I can see through the canada post mymail app that another hometrust mail is to be delivered today, so I would guess that's my credit card. If it's not I'll update again, otherwise I can say it took 9 business days from application to receiving the card. Good luck!
Feb 2, 2024
71 posts
126 upvotes
12345678910111213 wrote: I can see through the canada post mymail app that another hometrust mail is to be delivered today,
I never even knew this existed!
Just looked it up. What's your experience with it like, does it actually work with most of your mail that is incoming, and tell you the arrival date?
May 12, 2020
388 posts
429 upvotes
pmahomes wrote: I never even knew this existed!
Just looked it up. What's your experience with it like, does it actually work with most of your mail that is incoming, and tell you the arrival date?
It works yes. The problem is most companies seem to use 3rd parties to ship stuff so you often don't know what's coming.

Hometrust mail said Hometrust, so I knew what it was, but I recently got a Rogers MC and it was some role analytics or something like that.

So it does work to let you know mail is coming, but it's not always easy to tell what it is and sometimes it says it's on the way when it's already delivered and sometimes you see stuff you should have got which was put in the wrong mailbox and stolen etc. So sometimes I'd rather not know my neighbours are keeping so much of my mail. Like earlier this week I got something from CRA, but it never arrived in my mailbox.

Adds are usually called general mail.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11668 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
pmahomes wrote: I never even knew this existed!
It does not tell you exact date it will be delivered, only that the mail is either out for delivery (today’s mail) or mail arriving soon.
It’s an interesting feature they brought out a while back.