• Oct 1st, 2022 4:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2122 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
I applied on the 11th and nothing either. I think they are just overwhelmed with applications and they are all being adjudicated manually, so it takes time. Some who applied around the 5th just got their PIN, while others who applied later got it as well. I’m hoping mine comes this week as there is no reason to be declined as my score is in the mid 800’s. I haven't checked my credit report (don’t want to pay for another full report with score), so don’t know if there’s a hard hit from them yet. Most people get the PIN a week or 2 after their hard hit or the decline letter much later.
Celebrating 19+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1878 posts
449 upvotes
For those looking at timeline. YMMV.
Applied Jan 6th.
Borrowell hit Jan 13th
PIN arrived today (Jan 30th)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37405 posts
23468 upvotes
Center of Universe
doberman_baby wrote: For those looking at timeline. YMMV.
Applied Jan 6th.
Borrowell hit Jan 13th
PIN arrived today (Jan 30th)
When did Borrowell show that much details, other than the score?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37405 posts
23468 upvotes
Center of Universe
wysiwyg wrote: I applied on the 11th and nothing either. I think they are just overwhelmed with applications and they are all being adjudicated manually, so it takes time. Some who applied around the 5th just got their PIN, while others who applied later got it as well. I’m hoping mine comes this week as there is no reason to be declined as my score is in the mid 800’s. I haven't checked my credit report (don’t want to pay for another full report with score), so don’t know if there’s a hard hit from them yet. Most people get the PIN a week or 2 after their hard hit or the decline letter much later.
Don't expect this to be a normal application.
There are many who were rejected with scores at 800+.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2122 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
So they prefer more risky customers where they can make more money on interest and fees?
Celebrating 19+ years on RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6263 posts
4375 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: When did Borrowell show that much details, other than the score?
They have had a full credit report for a few weeks now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37405 posts
23468 upvotes
Center of Universe
wysiwyg wrote: So they prefer more risky customers where they can make more money on interest and fees?
No rhyme or reason.
I was assuming they had a cap a few months ago and with the recent approvals it was either incorrect or the lifted their cap :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37405 posts
23468 upvotes
Center of Universe
mech9t5 wrote: They have had a full credit report for a few weeks now.
Yikes!
I consent to Borrowell obtaining my credit score and credit report from credit reporting agencies, after I create my account and verify my identity, and to obtaining updated credit scores and credit reports on a regular basis for as long as I have an account with Borrowell. I acknowledge this consent is obtained to allow Borrowell to obtain and periodically refresh my credit score and credit report to present me tailored personal financial information, educational insights, recommendations and third party offers. I authorize the applicable credit reporting agencies to provide this data to Borrowell.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6444 posts
5092 upvotes
Final Update:

Jan 5: Application submitted.
Jan 13: Equifax credit hit.
Jan 17: CSR was able to find my application in their system.
Jan 26: PIN letter received.
Jan 30: Home Trust Preferred Visa received!!!!!!!!!! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Wow, I have never been that excited for a credit card since long time ago.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3925 posts
1849 upvotes
Niagara
EdisonL299 wrote: Final Update:

Jan 5: Application submitted.
Jan 13: Equifax credit hit.
Jan 17: CSR was able to find my application in their system.
Jan 26: PIN letter received.
Jan 30: Home Trust Preferred Visa received!!!!!!!!!! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Wow, I have never been that excited for a credit card since long time ago.
Nice!

I also applied Jan 5. Unfortunately no PIN or correspondence received at all.

To use Equifax to check credit score I assume there’s a cost associated with it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6444 posts
5092 upvotes
joey003 wrote: Nice!

I also applied Jan 5. Unfortunately no PIN or correspondence received at all.

To use Equifax to check credit score I assume there’s a cost associated with it?
That's weird. Since you are in Hamilton ON and you should receive letters much quicker than me (Vancouver BC). I suspect either there is something wrong with your application, or you are declined for some reason.
You can check on https://app.borrowell.com/. They just updated their system and provide full report for free. Then call HT tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Keep us posted.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Dec 27, 2017
54 posts
19 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: You can check on https://app.borrowell.com/.
Shit. I put my wife's info there (she's the one who applied for the HT) and before I got to the questions for identification, there was an alert about Equifax being down... telling me to try again in 30 minutes. I didn't wait, refreshed the screen and now it says "unable to verify your identity", like, permanently. I tried mine, got the questions and it showed my score normally.

I hope it's not because of anything on her record, and that nothing changed now because of this...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5488 posts
1855 upvotes
Toronto
Applied on Jan 6.
Credit Hit on Jan 13.
Awaiting PIN code.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1878 posts
449 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote: Applied on Jan 6.
Credit Hit on Jan 13.
Awaiting PIN code.
Same dates as you and just received PIN today. I imagine you should get yours sometime this week.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6718 posts
6839 upvotes
Jan 11 - applied

Jan 16 - Equifax hard pulled

Jan 26 - PIN & Visa card retrieved from pile of mail in postal box, not sure of exact arrival dates for each package.

For the churners:
Past 4 years, have ~70 new CCs opened and appearing in my Equifax file (glaringly obvious what I've been doing). 
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. [email protected] 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3925 posts
1849 upvotes
Niagara
EdisonL299 wrote: That's weird. Since you are in Hamilton ON and you should receive letters much quicker than me (Vancouver BC). I suspect either there is something wrong with your application, or you are declined for some reason.
You can check on https://app.borrowell.com/. They just updated their system and provide full report for free. Then call HT tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Keep us posted.
Thanks, that Borrowell is great to see credit and report. I can't believe my score, 100 points higher than it was a few years ago.

I do see a credit check from Home Trust on Jan 13. Maybe I'll call them to check on the status of the application.
Aug 18, 2007
353 posts
124 upvotes
I applied on Jan. 16, and just got an e-mail today saying that they received my application and that I will hear back from them in 3-4 weeks...
Apr 29, 2017
251 posts
183 upvotes
Just received a email from Home Trust, letting me know that they received my application and that I will receive a response in 3 to 4 weeks
Mar 17, 2012
59 posts
10 upvotes
Faruk88 wrote: I applied on Jan. 16, and just got an e-mail today saying that they received my application and that I will hear back from them in 3-4 weeks...
Same here, I applied Jan. 18 and just received email saying:
Thank you for your recent application for the Home Trust Preferred Visa card.
We have received your application and it is being processed. You will receive a response in the next 3 – 4 weeks.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4575 posts
1959 upvotes
Durham Region
I guess HT finally got sick of everyone calling them.