Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

HomeDepot : Amana Washer(598$) and Dryer(398$)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2009 12:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 6, 2006
697 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal

[Home Depot] HomeDepot : Amana Washer(598$) and Dryer(398$)

Home depot have it again ! I am pulling the trigger this time ! The price is really hot IMHO !

Edit : forgot to mention, on this week flyer, an aditionnal 10% off !!

Total price is : 598 + 398 = 996 - 10% = 896$

Amana Washer 598$

Amana Dryer 398$

edit
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2348 posts
674 upvotes
Halton
review wasn't happy...

cp from hd site

Not Happy, October 30, 2009
By Sdb123 (read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)

"The spin cycle is extremely sensitive. You cannot leave when it comes to the spin cycle as it may not work properly. We've spent alot of time making sure it's on a stable base & is level but it still often will not spin."
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2687 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know about the negative review on the HD site...sounds like a levelling problem...a shim would probably fix it. This Amana is made by Samsung (according to Consumer Reports site) and they have pretty good build quality. Need a new washer - might check it out.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1258 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Save another $60 with a water rebate, if you live in Toronto.
Jul 8, 2006
115 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
Many websites show good reviews, both expert as well as user. Getting one this evening.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1100 posts
128 upvotes
Waterloo
So tempted to get this. $896 for a front loader and matching dryer is such a good price. Good size too. I don't need a new washer and dryer but it would be nice to upgrade from my traditional top loader. Damn you RFD...
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3661 posts
3316 upvotes
Ironballz wrote: So tempted to get this. $896 for a front loader and matching dryer is such a good price. Good size too. I don't need a new washer and dryer but it would be nice to upgrade from my traditional top loader. Damn you RFD...
+1 My situation precisely! Anyone want to buy a top load pair? ;)
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1789 posts
356 upvotes
Edmonton
great price. i bought a daweoo set from FS 2 years ago on boxing day special and haven't seen these sets for that price since.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4363 posts
183 upvotes
Does anybody know who actually makes Amana washer / dryer?
Apr 27, 2004
990 posts
183 upvotes
YEG
sungfra wrote: Does anybody know who actually makes Amana washer / dryer?
Toronto_slim just answered that a few messages above you:
toronto_slim wrote:This Amana is made by Samsung (according to Consumer Reports site) and they have pretty good build quality.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4363 posts
183 upvotes
archimed wrote: Toronto_slim just answered that a few messages above you:
Thank you. I must be blind.
Oct 19, 2005
72 posts
1 upvote
I purchase this pair a year ago and have been more then happy with them both.
Mar 29, 2004
208 posts
5 upvotes
Dartmouth
Had the washer now for about a year and it has worked just fine. Can't go wrong for the price and other reviews are decent. Not sure about the home depot review - might be a bad unit.
Mar 25, 2006
96 posts
17 upvotes
Looks like a good set to me - thanks.
Actually good reviews on consumersearch dot com.
Apr 27, 2004
990 posts
183 upvotes
YEG
Went to HD to pick up a washer today, and found out a couple of things I didn't know:

(1) HD does not carry appliance stock on-site despite having a showroom. They are all special orders and take anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks to arrive in Edmonton.

(2) They did have several demo units available for cash'n'carry.

I wanted the LG WM2016CW (reg. $798) but it would have taken 2 weeks to get in. Instead I went for a demo unit GE GCVH6400J which was fairly close in terms of options and size (a little larger at 3.7 cf). Since it was a demo unit and was 10% off, I got it for $610 + gst. I think the regular price was around $900.

I installed the GE and I'm impressed so far. I think I'll need to adjust the feet a little bit to take care of some vibration, but otherwise seems like a nice quiet machine. I would have preferred to get the LG to match my LG DLE2516W dryer ($399.99 demo unit at Future Shop), but this is a nice front loading pair for just over $1000.

Thanks for the post OP!

edit: As a reminder for Albertans, be sure to check http://www.climatechangecentral.com/ for a $100 rebate on any energy star washer (there's a list of qualifying washers on the site).
[OP]
Nov 6, 2006
697 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
Just bought it yesterday ... I should reeiveit next saturday .

As posted by archimed , HD do not have them in stock, it is directly shipped from the manufacturer to home.

I'll try to do a follow up for a review !
Dec 23, 2004
247 posts
28 upvotes
Nepean
We bought this washer (rather it's Inglis clone) and yes it is made by Samsung. The washer is very quiet compared to a 1st generation Kenmore that we replaced. We have had no issues at all with this washer - of course I'm not expecting any since we have only had it for a few months.

There are different speed settings for the final spin, so you may have to experiment. The only common complaint that I can attest to is that is very easy to activate the unit since the controls are on the front panel.

So far - good performance for a bargain price - I'd buy it again - with the discount, it's a no brainer
Nov 6, 2009
20 posts
4 upvotes
saskatoon
New to the washer world and was wondering if anyone knows how big is a 3.5 cu ft washer is? How much clothes could you stuff in there? We have 2 little ones and a 9 y/o plus Mom and Dad. Do you think this size would be good? Thanks
May 2, 2008
164 posts
15 upvotes
If you order any appliances from HD... be prepared to wait. I purchased a washer/dryer a couple years ago. They said 2 weeks to get in. Took longer. A friend just bought a set. 2 weeks they said. It took over a month. Make sure the deal you get is worth the wait.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)