Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dyson

HomeOutfitters - warm to hot deal on Dyson vacuums

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2010 1:00 pm
Apr 3, 2009
327 posts
88 upvotes
Edmonton

[Dyson] HomeOutfitters - warm to hot deal on Dyson vacuums

Home Outfitters flyer this week has a pretty good deal on Dyson vacuums on page 5, but with some constraints.

It took me a while to understand it, but I think it is hot if you coincidentally want to drop a lot of money there for Christmas shopping. First, you get 1 million hbc reward points when you buy a Dyson. This is roughly $100 in gift cards. Second, you get quite a lot of 'cash cards' that have conditions. They can only be redeemed during Dec 3 - Dec 16, and you can only claim $20 card per $50 spent.

So, for example a DC25 Animal is $700, and you get $260 in these cash cards. At best $700 - $100 (pts) - $260 = $340, but that would mean you spend at least $390 (260 * 20/(50 - 20)) more there between Dec 3 - 16... At worst it's $600. This seems pretty hot if you're planning on making additional large purchases there anyways.
61 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
You sure put in the extra effort.

I already have a dyson, but I'm putting a "thanks" on the post for pure excellence.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Dec 20, 2006
70 posts
10 upvotes
Make sure you buy something to round it up to an even number.

It is $20 cash card for every 50 spent.

So $499.99 only get you 9 cash card.
Add a candy bar you get 10 cash card
Oct 6, 2004
916 posts
255 upvotes
Woot. Been waiting for this deal.

As Bonnie Tyler would sing while Kevin Bacon dances:

I need a Dyson
I've been holding out for a Dyson 'til the deal is right
It's gotta be cheap
And It' can't be a price match
And the air gotta be HEPA fresh from the fight
I need a Dyson
I'm holding out for a Dyson 'til the Deal is right.
Jul 12, 2008
69 posts
5 upvotes
Similar sale last April and previous year....still hot considering Dyson rarely go on sale beside the extra tools offers.
Excellent if you need other items from Home Outfitters.
Last time Pm'd the future shop PINK DC25 sale price for $449.99 plus the points plus the GC's worked well
$449.99 plus 1,000,000 points ($125) plus 9-$20 off ($180) GC's..... used all nine GC's on sale merchandise.
Hot deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2159 posts
370 upvotes
Caledon, ON
frugallyours wrote: Similar sale last April and previous year....still hot considering Dyson rarely go on sale beside the extra tools offers.
Excellent if you need other items from Home Outfitters.
Last time Pm'd the future shop PINK DC25 sale price for $449.99 plus the points plus the GC's worked well
$449.99 plus 1,000,000 points ($125) plus 9-$20 off ($180) GC's..... used all nine GC's on sale merchandise.
Hot deal.

Yeah, the PM is the real key as I did the same last year; ended up getting the DC25 for 325 (450 minus the $125 in points) then used all of the GCs on really good deals they had throughout the holiday season - it made for some really good deals on cmas gifts (some of which were for others, not just me :razz :) .
Jan 24, 2007
139 posts
15 upvotes
tzhuge wrote:
So, for example a DC25 Animal is $700, and you get $260 in these cash cards. At best $700 - $100 (pts) - $260 = $340, but that would mean you spend at least $390 (260 * 20/(50 - 20)) more there between Dec 3 - 16... At worst it's $600. This seems pretty hot if you're planning on making additional large purchases there anyways.
he he he...I Love RFD! Good Job working that out! Thanks!
Oct 9, 2005
314 posts
3 upvotes
if you pm'd with future shop do they just give you $180 gc just like that?
Jun 27, 2004
792 posts
108 upvotes
Psilosin wrote: Woot. Been waiting for this deal.

As Bonnie Tyler would sing while Kevin Bacon dances:

I need a Dyson
I've been holding out for a Dyson 'til the deal is right
It's gotta be cheap
And It' can't be a price match
And the air gotta be HEPA fresh from the fight
I need a Dyson
I'm holding out for a Dyson 'til the Deal is right.

Everything about this post is so right.
Thanked.
Dec 20, 2006
70 posts
10 upvotes
Those in GVR

I am willing to sell you the Dyson retail price - (minus) $175.

As long as you let me keep the 1million Bay Point.

You get to keep the cash card also.

PM if you interested.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
Just read a retraction notice in the Edmonton Journal indicating the gift card promo is in error and NOT applicable to the Dyson's................you might want to check in your area

Frank
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1029 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/default.asp?

If you do their email signup, they will send you a coupon for 20% off 1 item. To the best of my recollection, they don't send junk emails. I get one from them every couple months. And the email is another 20% off coupon.

The coupon says no Dyson. But I was allowed to use one at hwy 7 and yonge last year for a upright dyson. And I bought a hand held one 2 weeks ago. A friend of mine also used the coupon on a dyson.
Oct 25, 2010
45 posts
22 upvotes
Terrace
i went to hwy 7 at first markham place in the morning... they said the gift card promo is in error for dyson....

frankmp wrote: Just read a retraction notice in the Edmonton Journal indicating the gift card promo is in error and NOT applicable to the Dyson's................you might want to check in your area

Frank
Jul 12, 2008
69 posts
5 upvotes
m.330ci wrote: i went to hwy 7 at first markham place in the morning... they said the gift card promo is in error for dyson....

As of 4:30 pm today (Friday Nov 5) the Manager at Yorkdale (Toronto) confirmed the 1,000,000 points PLUS a $20 gift card for every $50 spent INCLUDES Dyson vacuums. Seems to be the same as the last time they ran this promotion.

It seems that stacking (promos) is becoming more common then it used to be.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know how many Aeroplan miles I can get for 1 million Bay points? I don't even know if we can do a direct transfer?

Thanks OP, I will check out my local Outfitters this weekend and see what's what.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
lucidian wrote: if you pm'd with future shop do they just give you $180 gc just like that?
I'd like to know this as well.
Jul 24, 2006
14 posts
Let's say you want to buy the DC23, that means 650+tx and get 1M HBC points and $260 in GC (don't forget to add a pack of lifesavers or something to spend just over 650)

Then redeem 1M points for $125 GC

Go back to HO to spend another 650+tx between Dec 3-16 and use your $260+$125 GCs.

Total is ($1300+tx) - $385GC = $1082 tx in (in PQ). Total savings ~ 26%
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
Guys, I just stopped by a local Home Outfitters in West end Ottawa and unfortunately the money cards are no longer available for the Dyson vacuums.

Notices of corrections were posted all over the place. I tried to reason with the manager, to no avail. If any of you guys manage to get in on that, congrats but the only saving grace at this point for me is the 1 million HBC Rewards Points which I don't really care about but if I can convert them to decent Aeroplan miles then that's not so bad.

I am still trying to find out how many Aeroplan miles I can get for 1 million HBC Points. I will pose that question on the flyertalk forum and let you guys know what's what.
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
2 questions:
1) I don't have a HBC reward card, can I get one on the spot and get that 1mil points?

2) those $20 cash cards. Let's say I spend $50 in the time period specified for these cash cards, and so i can use one $20 cash card. Later I go back and return tye stuff I bought, do I get that $20 cash card back in gift cards or cash or do i lose it?

Thanks OP, I have waiting for a good deal on Dyson for a while.
Mar 1, 2007
16 posts
1 upvote
Back in April, we put a Dyson on our gift registry, and then bought it to get an extra 10% off. On top of that, I just signed up for a Bay card that day to get another 10% off. Also got the 1,000,000 points as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)