Jul 23, 2011
483 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto

hometheaterseating.ca 3 seat bonded leather recliner $800 YMMV

Deal Link:
Price:
$800
I found these guys in a KIJIJI post advertising this set for $799! I called in and the guy said that he only had one left. Their warehouse is at 2424 Finch ave west. I have to admit it seemed like a sketchy area of town and the store seemed to be selling an eclectic variety of goods. The website says $999, the KIJIJI add says $799. I walked out having paid $800 cash. They come in 3 boxes that I had to cram into my Caravan with little to no help from the guys that placed on the doc. I got it home wondering if what I would find in the boxes would resemble what I saw in the showroom.

To my surprise, they are exactly as seen in the link:

http://www.hometheaterseating.ca/produc ... io-manual/

Build quality is better than they have any right to be at the original sale price of $1399... For $800, they take the award for best deal in my HT (which is full of great deals).

Note...I'm posting this because I do not believe that I got the last set. From what I could see from the loading dock, they've got plenty..Deal is YMMV, but I think you will need much luck or negotiating skills past my "Is there a cash price?" query.
Last edited by crutzulee on Feb 19th, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7275 posts
2116 upvotes
Bonded leather is never a good deal.
Oct 6, 2018
214 posts
233 upvotes
You'll have to pay me to get bonded leather
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
483 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Bonded leather is never a good deal.
I posted a thread this week for an ONKYO 9.2 amp for $399. It got a number of responses from people calling it crap compared to a similiarly spec'ed DENON amp currently priced at 3 times that of the ONKYO. i guess I'm out of touch with this what this site has become.

I have 2 bonded leather couches in my livingroom that look fantastic after 3 years of heavy daily usage (family of 4). That's already a year past my budgeted replacement time. My HT sees action to the tune of 2 to 3 movies a week with the odd LEAF game thrown in. I'm more than happy with the purchase. Time will tell..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7275 posts
2116 upvotes
crutzulee wrote: I posted a thread this week for an ONKYO 9.2 amp for $399. It got a number of responses from people calling it crap compared to a similiarly spec'ed DENON amp currently priced at 3 times that of the ONKYO. i guess I'm out of touch with this what this site has become.

I have 2 bonded leather couches in my livingroom that look fantastic after 3 years of heavy daily usage (family of 4). That's already a year past my budgeted replacement time. My HT sees action to the tune of 2 to 3 movies a week with the odd LEAF game thrown in. I'm more than happy with the purchase. Time will tell..
Your budgeted replacement time for a couch is 2 years? That's a really short time.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
483 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Your budgeted replacement time for a couch is 2 years? That's a really short time.
I don't like to be careful with my things. I like to use the hell out of them when I do.
I always guestimate and budget replacement cost conservatively with every purchase and am very rarely disapointed.

I got 2 of the same leather couch 3 years ago for $1350 taxes in. Like i said, they are in way better condition than I would have budgeted for. I've never worried about kids eating on them or had to shu my dog off my precious couch. Admittedly, these kind of calculations get more favourable as your kids age..
Last edited by crutzulee on Feb 19th, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7275 posts
2116 upvotes
crutzulee wrote: I don't like to be careful with my things. I like to use the hell out of them when I do.
I always guestimate and budget replacement cost conservatively with every purchase and am very rarely disapointed.
So you're basically tricking yourself into thinking you're getting good deals. Odd.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1738 posts
353 upvotes
Bonded leather is crap especially if you have cats - the leather will not hold up
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
483 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: So you're basically tricking yourself into thinking you're getting good deals. Odd.
I just view things differently than you friend..
Jan 13, 2004
812 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
The reason bonded leather is crap is because the leather content serves no purpose other than to bring the cost up. Real leather is a strong material, and feels nice if you get top or full grain. Bonded leather has none of these qualities. It's not one of the layers split from the hyde. It's the leftover waste dust particles of leather that has been glued to plastic. You're better off just buying vinyl.

Bonded leather is as stupid as companies marketing vinyl as vegan leather...
Jan 20, 2019
236 posts
279 upvotes
crutzulee wrote: I found these guys in a KIJIJI post advertising this set for $799! I called in and the guy said that he only had one left. Their warehouse is at 2424 Finch ave west. I have to admit it seemed like a sketchy area of town and the store seemed to be selling an eclectic variety of goods. The website says $999, the KIJIJI add says $799. I walked out having paid $800 cash. They come in 3 boxes that I had to cram into my Caravan with little to no help from the guys that placed on the doc. I got it home wondering if what I would find in the boxes would resemble what I saw in the showroom.

To my surprise, they are exactly as seen in the link:

http://www.hometheaterseating.ca/produc ... io-manual/

Build quality is better than they have any right to be at the original sale price of $1399... For $800, they take the award for best deal in my HT (which is full of great deals).

Note...I'm posting this because I do not believe that I got the last set. From what I could see from the loading dock, they've got plenty..Deal is YMMV, but I think you will need much luck or negotiating skills past my "Is there a cash price?" query.
Not that $1 matters much in an $800 purchase, but you do realize that with Kijiji sales people usually pay -less- than the advertised price, rather than -more-???
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3661 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
Bonded leather products are never a good deal. Unless you're the OP and like to have an unusually high turnover of furniture.

I bouught one accent chair from the Brick that was Bonded Leather..... Never again... Fool me once.

Coming from someone who recently built a custom dedicated home theater with 7 recliner seats. Going for top grain leather is a must given all the articulation in the seats
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2283 posts
2339 upvotes
anything I ever bought bonded leather was crap and I told my sister this and she regretted it too after not listening to me. get a microfibre couch before bonded if you cannot afford real leather wait for a clearance sale. it just peels off and it makes a mess everywhere most times.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6601 posts
5489 upvotes
Toronto
crutzulee wrote: I don't like to be careful with my things. I like to use the hell out of them when I do.
Ouch.... I feel for your spouse
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1729 posts
811 upvotes
Hamilton
My HT has 4 Palliser leather chairs. Going on year 9. Still look like they did the day I bought them.
You get what you pay for.