HomeTrust credit card road side assistance membership review

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 8:56 am
[OP]
Mar 29, 2016
52 posts
6 upvotes

HomeTrust credit card road side assistance membership review

Hi guys, I got approved hometrust preferred Visa card that comes with road side assistance membership for free. Do you have any practical experience with them ? How is it? Thanks
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5408 posts
2515 upvotes
hollywood pk
wan2no wrote: Hi guys, I got approved hometrust preferred Visa card that comes with road side assistance membership for free. Do you have any practical experience with them ? How is it? Thanks
whats to review??...they will cover whatever they cover...when you break down, they will call another service, that calls another service, that has some tow trick ph numbers and you get service..eventually...
I have never seen any tow trucks branded " hometrust prefered" so you are obviously down the chain...free is free...but it comes at a cost, and time isn't free
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
They just sub the tow job out to a local provider. So odds are you'll be waiting awhile, and limited by kms. I would just get CAA myself.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6425 posts
2101 upvotes
Caledon
Used them once. 5K free tow via CAA to a garage near my work. No issues
[OP]
Mar 29, 2016
52 posts
6 upvotes
Mayoo wrote: Used them once. 5K free tow via CAA to a garage near my work. No issues
In case of extra km how much one needs to pay?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6425 posts
2101 upvotes
Caledon
wan2no wrote: In case of extra km how much one needs to pay?
Typical CAA rates i think ..
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35230 posts
21214 upvotes
Center of Universe
You should apply for CT's WE card that comes with Gold RA, which provides a 250km tow.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5408 posts
2515 upvotes
hollywood pk
wan2no wrote: In case of extra km how much one needs to pay?
$3/km is typical