• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 4:22 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes

Honda Accord 2.0 Sport

Has anyone purchased this vehicle recently? Wonder what a good price would be? I am looking at leasing for 48 months with 0 down and all fees rolled into payments.
87 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9073 posts
7393 upvotes
Markham
Don’t do it. It’s ugly and it’s ugly.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
13511 posts
10347 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anikiri wrote: Don’t do it. It’s ugly and it’s ugly.
Beyond ugly. Has Honda been hiring blind designers?
May 26, 2007
950 posts
425 upvotes
I was looking at it. I would wait until reports say its reliable and there are manufacture discounts. I'm surprised people think it looks ugly but I did feel it looks like a stretch limo with lobster claw brake lights.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25631 posts
5921 upvotes
Ugly car is ugly, as others have said. I don't really condone buying this on looks but if you're hell bent, I'd imagine there are still 2018s on dealer lots, no? Should be able to get a good discount if there are, and you don't mind buying a new car that's the previous MY.

Car is quick but it's still FWD. Yeah yeah the Type-R does okay just being FWD (and has 300hp) but that has other tricks up its sleeve like LSD, active dampers, better tuned suspension, etc. to help mitigate the fact it's only driving the front wheels. The similar-segment Altima at least has AWD now. Granted, it's CVT-only but unless you were buying the Accord for the available manual, it probably doesn't make a huge difference. A little slower than the Accord but at least you're not worried about wheelspin when it gets a bit slippery out or moving briskly from a standstill. It may not be a design superstar itself but at least it's still way better looking than Accord.

Have you gotten any quotes already (seems like you already have your leasing terms set up so I'm guessing you have)?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
843 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
ar2020 wrote: Has anyone purchased this vehicle recently? Wonder what a good price would be? I am looking at leasing for 48 months with 0 down and all fees rolled into payments.
Hey OP, if you like the looks of it, and I think you do, then at least test drive it.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a nice looking sedan, better looking and sportier than earlier Accords. So, ignore the Honda haters. Every site, cars and motorcycles is full of them.
Btw, Car and Driver likes it. And the Accord has a volume knob.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... est-review
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
13511 posts
10347 upvotes
Richmond Hill
poleman wrote: Hey OP, if you like the looks of it, and I think you do, then at least test drive it.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a nice looking sedan, better looking and sportier than earlier Accords. So, ignore the Honda haters. Every site, cars and motorcycles is full of them.
Btw, Car and Driver likes it. And the Accord has a volume knob.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... est-review
Is this what cars have come down to now that a volume knob is a selling feature?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52032 posts
16659 upvotes
I would only do it if with the 6MT.

Civic looks much nicer after the Accord came out and I never fancied the Civic.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
My view is the lease for 4 years will not be that much cheaper than MB C Class as I believe they have higher margins. Am I right in thinking this way?
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12379 posts
6244 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: I would only do it if with the 6MT.

Civic looks much nicer after the Accord came out and I never fancied the Civic.
Accord looks far better than the Civic. The Civic hatch is the worst looking of the bunch
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10689 posts
3018 upvotes
Toronto
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the new Accord and Civic are ugly. lol

OP, get the Camry instead, it looks way better.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
I understand if you personally don't agree with the Accord's looks but how is the Camry any better? It is totally ugly being a mash up of so much going on and then the CAMRY in the middle of the back is just an eyesore.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1683 posts
1200 upvotes
Ottawa
ar2020 wrote: I understand if you personally don't agree with the Accord's looks but how is the Camry any better? It is totally ugly being a mash up of so much going on and then the CAMRY in the middle of the back is just an eyesore.
Don't listen to the haters OP, a few of the guys above are on the haterade. The reviews are excellent for the car, look at a few on Youtube. The 2.0T is also quite fast, Redline Reviews and TheStraightPipes do a good take on it. My neighbour got one in blue, and my gf always comments about how nice it looks. The Sport trim is far better looking than the others.

Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3048 posts
3157 upvotes
GTA
I don't think it looks good in profile: the flat nose, or sloping roofline at the rear. Also don't like the "grille". Lack of a front bumper is more like it.