• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2017 11:33 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil

Honda Accord 2014 - Low tire pressure comes every other day

Hi guys. We have 2014 accord with 100k . After changing my tires, i see the low pressure light.
I checked tires - looks good ~ 34psi
I resetted the light, after 2-3 days of driving it comes back.
Again, tires are fine. Drives fine.
But that light drives me nuts. I am out of warranty so dont like the idea of visiting mechanic.
Any experience with the new tpms system that accord has?
10 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
TPMS sensor not linked to correct tire position........ that means it's trying to look for a sensor with code a but code b tire installed in that spot....... Get it fixed by a mechanic or deal with light. Ur choice.....
[OP]
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
I'd like to fix it by myself.
The problem is how to diagnose it?
This is not regular tpms but a rotational. Reads data based on the rotation of the tire.
All 4 tires are inflated equally with 86-90 torque.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2119 posts
636 upvotes
Etobicoke
I drive a Lexus ES and the tpms light comes on also when the spare tire (my car has a full size spare) is low on air. Might want to check that also.
Jan 27, 2015
119 posts
111 upvotes
Georgina
The accord does not have tpms sensors. It uses the wheel speed sensor to determine if a tire is low in pressure. Either a tire is out of round causing the car to think the pressure is different or you have a speed sensor failed. Scan for speed sensor codes and go from there.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
doctor80 wrote: I'd like to fix it by myself.
The problem is how to diagnose it?
This is not regular tpms but a rotational. Reads data based on the rotation of the tire.
All 4 tires are inflated equally with 86-90 torque.
looks like you are right about the rotation. how can u not find out about this fix???? its a must whenever you have a tire swap........

http://www.pattypeckhonda.com/blog/2013 ... pms-works/
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22220 posts
3055 upvotes
My indirect tpms is very sensitive to changes in pressure. Are you sure one tire is not loosing 1 psi? I would inspect each for a puncture.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
All these 4 years I was using the same 4 tires and it was fine.

I tried to calibrate multiple times. The light goes out and then after three days comes back.

I will check today the pressure, spare tire, inspect visually for nails inside, who knows...
Will report back.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2613 posts
511 upvotes
Manitoba
lol @ technology.... Rather than making life easy , it is making life difficult.
I wish they still made some cars with no frills... Back up camera, this sensor, that sensor . These things go wrong sooner and later and owner is on hook to get those corrected via d(st)ealership.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17578 posts
9915 upvotes
Ottawa
Asker123 wrote: lol @ technology.... Rather than making life easy , it is making life difficult.
I wish they still made some cars with no frills... Back up camera, this sensor, that sensor . These things go wrong sooner and later and owner is on hook to get those corrected via d(st)ealership.
did you ever resolve this issue?
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Jun 10, 2008
498 posts
375 upvotes
Halton Hills
Make sure the tire shop did not install one off sized tire.