Tags:
None
3 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36183 posts
10323 upvotes
Ottawa
So, there is a possibility "the driveshaft separates from the joint, the engine will no longer propel the vehicle" and "affected owners will be notified by mail beginning later this month and encouraged drivers to take their cars to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification."
How bad can this be if there is only a possibility of something happening but you don't have to do anything until after you get a letter and then you need to make an appointment to have it looked at?
;)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11023 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: So, there is a possibility "the driveshaft separates from the joint, the engine will no longer propel the vehicle" and "affected owners will be notified by mail beginning later this month and encouraged drivers to take their cars to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification."
How bad can this be if there is only a possibility of something happening but you don't have to do anything until after you get a letter and then you need to make an appointment to have it looked at?
;)
I wouldn't trust that I'd be taking it in and saying fix it, too bad.

The 2000 civic I have, back when my mom owned it apparently there was a recall on the exhaust manifold, no letter from dealer so she didn't know, sure enough it cracked.