• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 10:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3913 posts
2495 upvotes

honda civic AC blowing warm air

Neighbor came over to ask me for my opinion about his 2005 honda civic ac blowing hot air.
I told him not worth to get it repaired and just buy those redtek kits and if that doesn't work buy a fan.

I think there will be more AC blowing warm air threads to come as the temps get hotter and hotter.
4 replies
Apr 1, 2011
49 posts
16 upvotes
I actually just got my A/C replaced as the condenser was leaking in my 2018 Honda Civic. It was also blowing warm air all the time even in the summer but I just thought stupidly it was the heat from the engine lol Turns out there was a Honda Civic recall on A/C condensers on civics from 2016-2018 (https://hondanews.ca/en/news/release/Ho ... c-Vehicles) and the dealer replaced it free of charge.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1831 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Honda had a huge problem with AC compressors going bad in this era. Tell him if he wants AC he'll most likely be opening his wallet pretty large, if that's the issue. If he's lucky there is no leak and it just needs to be filled with refrigerant, but that's usually not the case.

Yes, warm weather is here. Supposed to be 30+ in the next few days, just flicked on my AC in the house yesterday. Couldn't take it anymore.
Apr 18, 2017
742 posts
1469 upvotes
shutterfly wrote: I actually just got my A/C replaced as the condenser was leaking in my 2018 Honda Civic. It was also blowing warm air all the time even in the summer but I just thought stupidly it was the heat from the engine lol Turns out there was a Honda Civic recall on A/C condensers on civics from 2016-2018 (https://hondanews.ca/en/news/release/Ho ... c-Vehicles) and the dealer replaced it free of charge.
Ugh, I love my Civic, but I got the AC on our '17 fixed a year and a half ago (took 4 months because of how many were failing). And now, just last week, it broke again. Glad it's under warranty, but so annoying.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3695 posts
1232 upvotes
Edmonton
cristianosham wrote: Neighbor came over to ask me for my opinion about his 2005 honda civic ac blowing hot air.
I told him not worth to get it repaired and just buy those redtek kits and if that doesn't work buy a fan.

I think there will be more AC blowing warm air threads to come as the temps get hotter and hotter.
So he came to get advice and you said it's not worth fixing. What's wrong with it what's your diagnosis? Sounds like you have absolutely no clue.

If you did a pressure test and a vacuum and told him what's wrong, maybe he can decide if it's worth or not worth fixing?
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8