• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 6:40 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2019
215 posts
72 upvotes

Honda Civic Front Bumper

Hi guys,

I’m currently going through an Insurance claim for my 2011 Honda Civic DX. The appraiser has estimated the repair and has quoted $87 for the front bumper part for replacement.

My repair shop is saying that they will have difficulty finding a front bumper for $87.

Does anyone know of any Ontario parts sources where it can be found for this price? I did a quick google search and haven’t really found anything below $150 to $200.

Thanks.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2103 posts
3860 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Why are you the one concerned with this? If it costs more the shop will contact your insurance adjuster and come to an agreement.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2019
215 posts
72 upvotes
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Why are you the one concerned with this? If it costs more the shop will contact your insurance adjuster and come to an agreement.
The repair shop said that I might wanna talk to my insurance because $87 is not feasible to purchase a front bumper.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15098 upvotes
LOL $87? Insurance company must be thinking you are in the US.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2019
215 posts
72 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL $87? Insurance company must be thinking you are in the US.
Lol yah $87. I took the quote to another repair shop to see if I can just get it done somewhere else and their also saying theres no way any bumper is $87 and it must be a clerical error...

Is there any way for me to appeal this or something? Maybe the appraiser got it quoted from a scrap car or something?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15172 posts
6235 upvotes
RFD
Emily0123 wrote: Lol yah $87. I took the quote to another repair shop to see if I can just get it done somewhere else and their also saying theres no way any bumper is $87 and it must be a clerical error...

Is there any way for me to appeal this or something? Maybe the appraiser got it quoted from a scrap car or something?
Maybe he made a typo and missed the 1 in the 87. Probably meant 187
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2570 posts
1287 upvotes
Hometown
Emily0123 wrote: Lol yah $87. I took the quote to another repair shop to see if I can just get it done somewhere else and their also saying theres no way any bumper is $87 and it must be a clerical error...

Umm I believe it could definitely be from a scrap yard for a cheap car like a 2011 Civic as an insurance replacement? No offence so don't take this personally but do you, seriously expect the almighty share holders of an insurance company in Ontario to take the food from their children's mouths to ENRICH you in such a way? Not bloody likely to happen LOL.

As your policy CLEARLY states they only have to make you whole with a claim. There is no doubt giving you a NEW bumper would be a last resort on an 10 to 11yr old vehicle. As a new one would be a huge improvement over what you had.

That being said I doubt there is any self respecting recycler who would have one in decent shape, especially for 87.00. That is a long shot for such an ancient vehicle in the scrap yard game.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20416 posts
8822 upvotes
Toronto
You can get a bumper for $100 not painted or installed though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)