[OP]
Dec 29, 2009
667 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto,ON

Honda Dealership Scratched my car

I went to honda dealer for service .
They took photos my car before service.
I noticed small scratch my car in front under head light.
Too bad, i didn't checked it at the dealership when i picked my car.
What i can do? Just leave it?
Images
  • IMG_1073.JPG
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4114 posts
1034 upvotes
Esutha wrote: I went to honda dealer for service .
They took photos my car before service.
I noticed small scratch my car in front under head light.
Too bad, i didn't checked it at the dealership when i picked my car.
What i can do? Just leave it?
This is your answer. And I guess you signed the work paper as well.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1167 posts
792 upvotes
Talk to the manager and ask them to review security footage when your car was in the shop, if they can find out it was done there they will touch it up at their cost.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6417 posts
2084 upvotes
BC
Just leave it. Looks like normal debris/stains you get from driving on asphalt surfaces.

Not really a scratch. Would probably polish out easily with the right car care product.

You don't want the dealership applying touchup paint to the clearcoat when it's not needed.
Aug 12, 2014
199 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton, ON
The honda dealer i went to scratched up my rear bump er...after 2-3 months of back-and-forth and me following up 10x more so then them (after escalating like 3-4 times to the GM), it was not worth my time. And not only that, they did a blow-in service which made my paint worse as it started to flake off after about 1 month and it looked like I had 2 shades of pearl white. Thereafter they agreed to repaint my bumper and it still looks off. Not happy! My dealer was in brampton. If your dealer is also in Brampton, good luck!!!
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10015 posts
9725 upvotes
Markham
Just leave it. It’s a fight you don’t wanna take. Plus they’ll do one of two things, buff it out or paint it shitty. Not worth your time.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3636 posts
755 upvotes
that is not a scratch... use ur finger nail and take it off
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29354 posts
9941 upvotes
Doesn't look like a scratch to me either--more like tar or something. Use some bug & tar or some polish and see if it comes off.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5939 posts
4239 upvotes
definitely looks like tar from the road. look where I added the arrows, it looks like spreaded tar

OP, Don't bring this "issue" (if it is an issue) to your dealership. they will just laugh at you, IMHO

Edit: did not meant to be arsh, of course OP have the right to ask a question here, this forum is intended to help, I meant please, do not bring your car back to the dealership, they will... Follow other's suggestion, try to use a tar remover, and buff it clean
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Aug 13th, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3280 posts
3229 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Life lesson in doing a walk around/inspection whenever you pick up your car from a shop. Once you leave the lot it's usually on you unless they're nice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4516 upvotes
Alberta
ES_Revenge wrote: Doesn't look like a scratch to me either--more like tar or something. Use some bug & tar or some polish and see if it comes off.
x2. Any car wax should take that off.