Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton

Honda to discontinue CR-Z

It has been made official and Honda has decided to discontinue the hybrid hatchback coupe. Not bit surprising, since it was a disappointment from the original CR-x, mainly due to being hybrid only. Hopefully would be great to see Prelude resurrected as a replacement.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/honda-cr-z- ... -1.2949980

35 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8046 posts
658 upvotes
Brampton
Not surprised.

Also don't see a replacement coming.

They will push the new civic instead.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2706 upvotes
ON
I thought it was already dead... lol.
Sep 19, 2013
843 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
All they had to do was put the Si motor in there
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4959 posts
1277 upvotes
Abbottabad
This is what happens when you give this away to Phil Kessel.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9683 posts
3093 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Nfsryder wrote: All they had to do was put the Si motor in there
+1 it was DOA.
May 21, 2013
824 posts
375 upvotes
Montreal
What were the sales figures for this car? I honestly barely see them on the road.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16172 posts
14196 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yet another honda failed product. These guys have been on a roll for the past decade for stupid decisions and stupid cars that no one wants lol
[OP]
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
Over the past few years, Honda has discontinued quite a few cars: Honda Element, Crosstour, Cr-Z, and then Acura's Zdx, TL, TSX, CSX, RL. Just terrible. It seems outside of Civic, Accord, Cr-V, and maybe Pilot, Odyessey, they dont know what the heck to do
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20774 posts
4895 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Soon all Honda cars will be based on the Civic platform.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9018 posts
10319 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
LSG19999 wrote: Over the past few years, Honda has discontinued quite a few cars: Honda Element, Crosstour, Cr-Z, and then Acura's Zdx, TL, TSX, CSX, RL. Just terrible. It seems outside of Civic, Accord, Cr-V, and maybe Pilot, Odyessey, they dont know what the heck to do
There's truth to that.

Making a car intended back back memories of the CRX but make it a) heavy b) slow c) not that great on gas d) junky hybrid so expensive e) make the back look like an Insight f) refuse to remedy any of these issues

How did the whole mgmt team that green lighted this not get fired? So instead they will just gut it and say there's no demand for a CRX style replacement. I actually hope they don't bring back and butcher the s2000 name.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9018 posts
10319 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Andro wrote: +1 it was DOA.
Yep, would have allowed for extensive chassis retuning to make nimble and cut weight down. Si motor with a focus on weight reduction could have been sold cheaper and would have probably lit up the sales charts. The Si motors get decent enough fuel mileage day to day the buyers would have been happy. And one of Hondas slick 6 speeds. =success.

If we can see this, why can't they? That's what I don't understand.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18658 posts
2382 upvotes
Woodbridge
It was DOA from the beginning.

Bring back the CRX, Prelude and S2000.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)