Honda: the front windscreen begins to mist up

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 6:47 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 31, 2017
9 posts

Honda: the front windscreen begins to mist up

Honda: the front windscreen begins to mist up.
Is it a common problem for Honda cars?
31 replies
Feb 1, 2012
120 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Can you explain a bit more?

I think this is a common occurrence dependant on weather on any car.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13551 posts
8516 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
This is common amongst all cars.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jan 4, 2010
717 posts
439 upvotes
Waterloo
unless I'm missing something about Honda having built-in fog machine
turn on your fans, AC and it should go away immediately. It's a common problem for all cars in this time of the year.
lol speaking of window fogging up, I was in a drive through the other day and this woman was in a brand new Mercedes and she was wiping the fog off her side windows with her hands. I looked at the other windows and it was completely fogged up like the scene from Titanic. Face With Tears Of Joy
It's amazing how there are still so many people out there that don't understand how to use their fans/ac system and they turn on the heat to try to clear fog.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11654 posts
6213 upvotes
Brampton
How do people get their licenses without knowing basic operations of a car or not reading their owners manuals?

Or why are sales people not explaining features to their clients?

To the last point if you don't or can't read the manual Manufacturers are literally putting help videos on Youtube.
HVAC Controls for a 2017 CRV for example.
Jan 4, 2010
717 posts
439 upvotes
Waterloo
tebore wrote: How do people get their licenses without knowing basic operations of a car or not reading their owners manuals?

Or why are sales people not explaining features to their clients?

To the last point if you don't or can't read the manual Manufacturers are literally putting help videos on Youtube.
HVAC Controls for a 2017 CRV for example.
they actually don't teach you how to use the fans in driving ed...which they should because it's a hazard when people drive around looking like they just hot box their car
Sale persons do explain the features, but people don't listen or understand when to apply it
Manuals? what's a manual?
May 17, 2017
294 posts
190 upvotes
Waterloo
Does it mist up from the inside or the outside?
My 06 V6 Accord sometimes mists up from the outside from the engine heat on very cold days
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11654 posts
6213 upvotes
Brampton
tinbitz wrote: they actually don't teach you how to use the fans in driving ed...which they should because it's a hazard when people drive around looking like they just hot box their car
Sale persons do explain the features, but people don't listen or understand when to apply it
Manuals? what's a manual?
A lot of driving school still do teach how to use your lights and defrosters....stuff above and beyond how to pass the test and how to be a good driver. I know YD does. My no name driving school did too.
But you're right it's not part of the hand book and a lot of these flyby night driving schools don't talk about any of this stuff.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15110 posts
16088 upvotes
Oakville
Lars2017 wrote: Honda: the front windscreen begins to mist up.
Is it a common problem for Honda cars?
First clean your windows with a good glass cleaner as they will be less likely to fog up. Also, chances are that you have a film of crud on your window that impairs your night vision.
Then turn on your AC and push the front defroster button. Most cars turn on the AC automatically when you hit defroster. You probably also need to hit the rear defroster button.
AstulzerRSX wrote: Does it mist up from the inside or the outside?
My 06 V6 Accord sometimes mists up from the outside from the engine heat on very cold days
In this case a quick squirt of windshield washer fluid and wipe from the wiper blade should cure it.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3937 posts
3304 upvotes
Oakville, ON
tinbitz wrote: unless I'm missing something about Honda having built-in fog machine
turn on your fans, AC and it should go away immediately. It's a common problem for all cars in this time of the year.
lol speaking of window fogging up, I was in a drive through the other day and this woman was in a brand new Mercedes and she was wiping the fog off her side windows with her hands. I looked at the other windows and it was completely fogged up like the scene from Titanic. Face With Tears Of Joy
It's amazing how there are still so many people out there that don't understand how to use their fans/ac system and they turn on the heat to try to clear fog.
This + over use of the “Re-Circ” function.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15110 posts
16088 upvotes
Oakville
CanadianLurker wrote: This + over use of the “Re-Circ” function.
Agreed. I think there are a lot of people with damp interiors because they either have recirc on or don't have their fan on at all. They also don't know that they should have their AC on when it's raining even if it's cold out. You just set it to heat with AC so you get warm, dry air.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54063 posts
18990 upvotes
And some people suggest a/c is not required during the cold winter.

It helps defog the windows faster because it's also a dehumidifier.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2391 posts
1327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nothing to do with Honda. If you have moisture in your car (from snow) then they can mist up more than normal. You can dry that up using rice or some other agent that absorbs water.

But that is only for excessive fogging. Fogging is pretty normal and happens in every car, which is why cars have defoggers. If you hate that, clean your inside windows using a windshield cleaner, throughly, apply rainx anti-fogging thingy. That'd take care of it, I highly recommend it. RainX lasts about 2-3 weeks. You still need to use a defogger, but the condensation is transparent and not foggy. If you do buy it, this product in NOT this same as RainX rain repellant, so make sure you get the right thing.
Jan 4, 2010
717 posts
439 upvotes
Waterloo
tebore wrote: A lot of driving school still do teach how to use your lights and defrosters....stuff above and beyond how to pass the test and how to be a good driver. I know YD does. My no-name driving school did too.
But you're right it's not part of the hand book and a lot of these flyby night driving schools don't talk about any of this stuff.
Maybe mine did too but I don't remember. Most likely students are too focused on the driving aspect...not hitting things, staying in lane, blinkers...and they forget to remember the simple stuff while doing in car. I know when I did my in car lessons, my instructor always had the heat setting on already so I never had to make adjustments myself.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2391 posts
1327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AstulzerRSX wrote: Does it mist up from the inside or the outside?
Blow hot air onto the windscreen. Should clear that up by warming it up.