Automotive

Honda Pilot - Long enough to fit a small bed in the back?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 7:53 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2015
2 posts
Vancouver, BC

Honda Pilot - Long enough to fit a small bed in the back?

Hey Pilot owners.

I've been thinking about buying a used Pilot to use as an occassional camping vehicle. Given it can fit 8 seats, I am wondering if anyone knows the length from the back of the front seats (pulled forward or not) to the back of the vehicle.

I'm 5'9 and hoping I can get a platform long enough in the back such that I dont have to sleep diagonally.

Model year I'm looking at is 2008 and up.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28076 posts
13287 upvotes
Toronto
Camping means experiencing and sleeping the great outdoors, not inside your suv. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4061 posts
3392 upvotes
Oakville, ON
booblehead wrote: Camping means experiencing and sleeping the great outdoors, not inside your suv. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
That’s why you leave the sunroof open
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2729 posts
983 upvotes
It may depend on which generation of course, but my 2016 MDX, with all the seats down can carry a door unit quite comfortably length-wise, and since a door is taller than a single mattress, you should be able to at least fit a single in a Pilot. You wouldn’t be able to fit a double in an MDX though, due to the restricted width of the MDX’s trunk where the wheel wells are, which measure in at a bit under 4’ iirc, but in a Pilot, it may be doable.