Honda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 2:52 pm
Tags:
Aug 25, 2005
6 posts
Toronto
Hey guys..

just wanna say thanks to HSD for all of the questions hes helping us. But this is more of a general question for everyone and would greatly appreciate any advice. So I've finally narrowed my choice and is willing to get into a '11 accord coupe V6 w/ Navi or an '11 acura tsx w/ tech package. I am willing to drop 15k down and looking into either a 36 or 48 month plan financing rate.

I was planning on hitting the dealership for the month of april (in hopes that the finance rates would drop from march), however it has seemed (as per HSD) that the finance rates have stayed the same for the month of april still at 1.9 (36m) and 2.9 (48m). It just so happened that acura also has the same financing rate with its tsx. I was wondering if I should wait till may and see if the finance rates would go even lower? Or would it be better to just hit up the dealerships now?

I was also wondering on whether the maintance cost for an accord v6 would be similar to a acura tsx i4 (or would the acura cost more d/t its "luxury" status)

any help would appreciated it!
Ein.
Aug 24, 2007
85 posts
5 upvotes
Ein_pl wrote: Hey guys..

just wanna say thanks to HSD for all of the questions hes helping us. But this is more of a general question for everyone and would greatly appreciate any advice. So I've finally narrowed my choice and is willing to get into a '11 accord coupe V6 w/ Navi or an '11 acura tsx w/ tech package. I am willing to drop 15k down and looking into either a 36 or 48 month plan financing rate.

I was planning on hitting the dealership for the month of april (in hopes that the finance rates would drop from march), however it has seemed (as per HSD) that the finance rates have stayed the same for the month of april still at 1.9 (36m) and 2.9 (48m). It just so happened that acura also has the same financing rate with its tsx. I was wondering if I should wait till may and see if the finance rates would go even lower? Or would it be better to just hit up the dealerships now?

I was also wondering on whether the maintance cost for an accord v6 would be similar to a acura tsx i4 (or would the acura cost more d/t its "luxury" status)

any help would appreciated it!
Ein.

You have a tough choice in front of you. I would think financing rates would decrease moving into summer but are you willing to wait and find out? I think the maintenance will be similar but with the TSX, premium unleaded is recommended. When I was at the gas station yesterday, premium was going for $1.39/l. Personally, that would be a deal breaker for me.

You can't go wrong with the accord: high torque engine, NAV, sleek 2 door coupe, excellent resale. Don't get me wrong, I love the TSX (aside from the front) but the value card with the accord is higher.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11762 posts
2903 upvotes
HSD:

Anything on right now for a CRZ ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
May 10, 2009
160 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: HSD:

Anything on right now for a CRZ ?
Dealers have so few of these vehicles in stock. Most dealers only get one or two every couple months.
Because of this, there is no immediate need for Honda to put incentives on the CRZ.
As the model year closes and dealers still have CRZ's in stock, Honda Canada will assist with incentives. How much, I don't know...

HSD
Aug 25, 2005
6 posts
Toronto
Hi guys,

Now I posted a reply earlier on this thread about buying an accord coupe! I am a first time car buyer and I was approved to purchase a 2011 honda accord coupe ex-l v6 navi (automatic). Now I was told by the car salesman that there were only 3 polished metal metallic ex-l v6 Navi (Automatic) models available in Ontario, in which he would then call me once he found one.... I was wondering if anyone working for Honda can confirm that this is correct??!?!?

Also can a dealer order one from out of province or even from the USA and ship it to them?
Lastly, I am concerned about the quality of the vehicle on a dealerships inventory lot vs a car straight out of the factory... are there anything to watch out for on the day I sign and drive the car out of the dealership when examining the car?

THanks guys... again, it is my first ever car and just being extra cautious!
Any help is much appreciated!!!

ein
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10516 posts
1747 upvotes
Toronto
I am REALLY wanting a 2012 civic however I really think 4% financing on a new one is too much. At what model year of this gen would you expect them to sell at 0.9%? This is most likely when I will be picking one up, expected for 2014/2015 or perhaps even earlier? And for the durham region (and gta) what would you consider to be the best honda dealer for price AND service.

I have heard good (and a couple negative) things about pickering honda and would just like to get an opinion...
Feb 10, 2008
21 posts
4 upvotes
toronto
Thinking of leasing a 2011 CRV EXL AWD with Sports Package, the best price so far is about 38,800 all in and that's 425/month @ 0% interest with a 2500 refundable security deposit. I'm planning to buy this at the end of the lease ($16,000), I like the lease route b/c its low monthly payment and some tax write offs. Please let me know if this is any good, still not sure about paying 40k for a CRV.
Thanks
Nov 24, 2008
33 posts
Hi HSD,

Is the CR-Z currently in dealership still the same one from Fall 2010 or is this the 2011 model already? If not, do you know when the 2011 model will be out?

On the other side, just want to find out about Insight & Civic Hybrid... both seem to be off the lot completely... Do you know if there is still any new stock available?

Thankx~~~ :)
Dec 10, 2005
982 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Hey GUys

Looking to get the New Civic 2012....

What are your views on it...

thankxx!!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1788 posts
83 upvotes
trini wrote: Finally got my Civic delivered, the car is awesome.
You can rest assured that the Civic is a great buy.
How much room is there for a driver in the Civic sedan??
I was looking at a Toyota Corolla and could barely get into the drivers seat. I'm 6'3" and could barely get behind the steering wheel. I was very surprised how small the cabin was. I have never sat in a car that tight... Is the Honda any better?
Jun 23, 2002
798 posts
6 upvotes
trini wrote: Finally got my Civic delivered, the car is awesome.
You can rest assured that the Civic is a great buy.

how long did you wait for delivery ? purchased it on oct 1 ... dealer said it wont be here till nov14
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6254 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
I'm 6'1" there is more room than a corolla, my sister in law has one hence the reason we went civic.
The civic is a better car every way than the corolla.
We waited for about 3 weeks.
We pretty much got it as it came from delivery, it had 10km on it after they tested it around the block
Jun 23, 2005
88 posts
8 upvotes
Has anyone received a better deal than this on the 2012 Honda Accord SE automatic sedan? This is the quote I received:

$24 770 + 1550 + 100 + 35 + HST = $29,894.
Price + Freight + A/C Tax + Enviro Fees + sales tax.

I think it's a pretty good deal given that the MSRP on this vehicle is $25 990. Thoughts?