Automotive

Honda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2024 1:08 pm
Tags:
Jul 5, 2013
116 posts
258 upvotes
What have people been paying for a 2020 Honda CR-V touring?
-
Nov 30, 2013
31 posts
3 upvotes
Maritimes
Looking at a new 2019 CR-V EX-L.
Dealer website says MSRP is $36k, they are offering $5k discount. With freight, PDI, taxes, ect; $39K on the road.
Seems like a good deal, but any thoughts if it is reasonable to expect any lower price through negotiation?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
EastCoastDude wrote: Looking at a new 2019 CR-V EX-L.
Dealer website says MSRP is $36k, they are offering $5k discount. With freight, PDI, taxes, ect; $39K on the road.
Seems like a good deal, but any thoughts if it is reasonable to expect any lower price through negotiation?
What is the in-service date for the vehicle? How many months of warranty are left?
This isn't a blog.
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
EastCoastDude wrote: Looking at a new 2019 CR-V EX-L.
Are there any km's on this vehicle?
Nov 30, 2013
31 posts
3 upvotes
Maritimes
RFDBRIAN wrote: Are there any km's on this vehicle?
The dealer has like 5 or 6 of them...despite being 2019s, brand new EX-Ls with like 20-30kms on them...just people taking them for test drives I guess. Full 3 year/60,000km warranty if I buy it.

I sold just sold my old car privately, looking to making an offer, just wondering how much additional wiggle room on top of the $5000 dealer discount.
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
EastCoastDude wrote: The dealer has like 5 or 6 of them...despite being 2019s, brand new EX-Ls with like 20-30kms on them...just people taking them for test drives I guess. Full 3 year/60,000km warranty if I buy it.

I sold just sold my old car privately, looking to making an offer, just wondering how much additional wiggle room on top of the $5000 dealer discount.
Sounds like a really good deal! I just ran numbers on the 2020 and came out closer to 42k. The 2019 is a good deal if you wanted to save the money now but when you re-sell it, it would be worth less than a 2020. If you plan on driving it into the ground then the 2019 is a good route.
Sep 27, 2017
84 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
I haven't lease before but how much $$ can you negotiate off the MSRP?

looking at the accord 1.5 CVT sport
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
Espress0 wrote: I haven't lease before but how much $$ can you negotiate off the MSRP?

looking at the accord 1.5 CVT sport
There’s about 6.5% or 7% markup in that vehicle. Some of us are typically marking up only 2% for RFD members. Aside from this number, you’ll have to see if the dealer charges an admin fee usually done to pad profit and offset a discount like this.

Knowing this, just find a rep that you’re comfortable with dealing with and the purchase/lease should go smoothly!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
EastCoastDude wrote: The dealer has like 5 or 6 of them...despite being 2019s, brand new EX-Ls with like 20-30kms on them...just people taking them for test drives I guess. Full 3 year/60,000km warranty if I buy it.

You're getting the balance of that factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
vkizzle wrote: You're getting the balance of that factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Depending on when they punched those cars, you might have a warranty start date of March 2019 or March 2020. Honda removed programs on the 2019 models a few months ago so chances are they will have already been registered.

That being said, some dealers will honor a full 3yr/60,000km warranty even though the warranty has officially started. They would just cover the balance in-house.
Nov 30, 2013
31 posts
3 upvotes
Maritimes
RFDBRIAN wrote: Depending on when they punched those cars, you might have a warranty start date of March 2019 or March 2020. Honda removed programs on the 2019 models a few months ago so chances are they will have already been registered.

That being said, some dealers will honor a full 3yr/60,000km warranty even though the warranty has officially started. They would just cover the balance in-house.
Yes, they said they would honour the full 3yr/60,000km...but what do you mean by in-house? Does that include other Honda dealers? Reason I am asking is the dealer offering the vehicle at the price is two hours away, in another province. Not much point of a warranty if my local dealer will not honour it
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
EastCoastDude wrote: Yes, they said they would honour the full 3yr/60,000km...but what do you mean by in-house? Does that include other Honda dealers? Reason I am asking is the dealer offering the vehicle at the price is two hours away, in another province. Not much point of a warranty if my local dealer will not honour it
In-house means that the specific dealership itself will cover it. If your vehicle needed warranty work outside of the official registration date, no other dealer would cover that.
Nov 30, 2013
31 posts
3 upvotes
Maritimes
RFDBRIAN wrote: In-house means that the specific dealership itself will cover it. If your vehicle needed warranty work outside of the official registration date, no other dealer would cover that.
What if I purchased extended warranty (for like 6 years)? Would my local dealer honour any repairs from 6 years of my purchase date? Or would I need to travel to dealer of purchase for that?
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
EastCoastDude wrote: What if I purchased extended warranty (for like 6 years)? Would my local dealer honour any repairs from 6 years of my purchase date? Or would I need to travel to dealer of purchase for that?
The Honda Plus Extended Warranty would register from the original warranty start date regardless of date of purchase. So in the system, you would only officially have coverage for the original time and the balance would have to be done at the originating dealer.

Make sure you get something in writing from the General Manager because these sort of things are always tricky. Staff tends to turnover quick rapidly at a dealership and it will hopefully save you a headache when you go in 6 years from now.
Nov 27, 2016
117 posts
170 upvotes
Ontario
Have a friend looking at a 2020 CRV LX with white pearl paint. Is aiming for 5% plus the $750 finance bonus realistic? Also they were told that because of loyalty they can finance 60 months at 0%, but the website shows a 1.5% discount off the original 1.99. Is this something to do with enhanced loyalty or possibly a mistake?
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
RFDChris wrote: Have a friend looking at a 2020 CRV LX with white pearl paint. Is aiming for 5% plus the $750 finance bonus realistic? Also they were told that because of loyalty they can finance 60 months at 0%, but the website shows a 1.5% discount off the original 1.99. Is this something to do with enhanced loyalty or possibly a mistake?
5% plus the $750 incentive sounds fine. Good catch on the interest rate too. I have dealt with customers this whole week that have been promised a 2% rate reduction on our trucks from other dealers that don't know the program. It is in fact 1.5% reduction so you would see that interest rate brought down to 0.49%.
Nov 30, 2013
31 posts
3 upvotes
Maritimes
RFDChris wrote: Have a friend looking at a 2020 CRV LX with white pearl paint. Is aiming for 5% plus the $750 finance bonus realistic? Also they were told that because of loyalty they can finance 60 months at 0%, but the website shows a 1.5% discount off the original 1.99. Is this something to do with enhanced loyalty or possibly a mistake?
A relative of mine bought a Civic just last week and ended getting the last 0.49% off to bring it to 0% without any negotiations
Nov 27, 2016
117 posts
170 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks Brian and EastCoast for the info!
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
EastCoastDude wrote: A relative of mine bought a Civic just last week and ended getting the last 0.49% off to bring it to 0% without any negotiations
Yes because the promotion is 2% off the rate for our cars (Fit, Civic, Accord) and 1.5% off of our trucks/van.

No negotiation needed! :)
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
@RFDBRIAN I have a question about Honda's Loyalty plan where you may receive 2% off your interest rate. How does it work exactly, I was talking to a fleet manager for pricing for a car, and he told me to go buy a junk car from a Honda vehicle from a scrap yard and bring proof of ownership for the car, then we might be able to get 2% off interest.

Do you have any insight on this ?