Automotive

Honda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2024 1:08 pm
Tags:
Feb 2, 2018
129 posts
29 upvotes
dolfan1980 wrote: If it is helpful, I paid $1757 for 7/130 a few weeks ago for an Odyssey which is in the same class. I perhaps could have negotiated harder, but I felt it was fair as part of the overall deal I struck.
Did you get a good deal for the Odyssey? The car itself? I used carcost report to get the price down for my 2017 highlander purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
gtadealshunting wrote: Did you get a good deal for the Odyssey? The car itself? I used carcost report to get the price down for my 2017 highlander purchase.
I would say fair, not spectacular. Managed to get $2k more from Honda for my trade than Toyota would offer, $1k off MSRP and winter tires, alloy rims and sensors included that they retail for $1900.

Unfortunately the pandemic seems to have hurt inventory more than it has driven down prices from what I could tell around Ottawa.
Feb 2, 2018
129 posts
29 upvotes
dolfan1980 wrote: I would say fair, not spectacular. Managed to get $2k more from Honda for my trade than Toyota would offer, $1k off MSRP and winter tires, alloy rims and sensors included that they retail for $1900.

Unfortunately the pandemic seems to have hurt inventory more than it has driven down prices from what I could tell around Ottawa.
Thanks for the reply.
Did you consider to get a pre-owned Odyssey at all? I already have a brand new Highlander from 2017 so I'm hesitant to get another one brand new
Feb 3, 2008
639 posts
129 upvotes
GTA
@RFDBRIAN , any idea what the HFS Loyalty offer might look like after Aug 31st? Thanks
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.

Ebay 71-0
Heatware 3-0 FS
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
gtadealshunting wrote: Thanks for the reply.
Did you consider to get a pre-owned Odyssey at all? I already have a brand new Highlander from 2017 so I'm hesitant to get another one brand new
I did consider used, but frankly I was having a hard time justifying ~35k for a 2-4 yr old vehicle with upwards of 100k km which seemed to real be what is available. I also admit that the negative views of the Odyssey from a reliability perspective I had read weighed heavily on my decision to buy new since I figured an ‘18 was a risk being the new model and having a full warranty was desirable.
Feb 2, 2018
129 posts
29 upvotes
dolfan1980 wrote: I did consider used, but frankly I was having a hard time justifying ~35k for a 2-4 yr old vehicle with upwards of 100k km which seemed to real be what is available. I also admit that the negative views of the Odyssey from a reliability perspective I had read weighed heavily on my decision to buy new since I figured an ‘18 was a risk being the new model and having a full warranty was desirable.
That is so true. The pre-owned Odyssey is so expensive. Did you consider/test drive other vans like Sienna, Pacifica or etc? How did you end up decide to get Odyssey? I mean I kind of know that Odyssey is probably the best looking and driving mini-van out there. I'm also looking at Sienna used one, 2018 LE model is costing about 25-30k with around 50,000km on them. But the interior is not nearly as nice as Odyssey. I'm sure it sucks to drive too as I own a Toyota Highlander...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
yuen47 wrote: @RFDBRIAN , any idea what the HFS Loyalty offer might look like after Aug 31st? Thanks
I won't find out until Tuesday like everybody, but I know that they can't maintain the 2% and 1.5% loyalty rebate for much longer. They will most likely return to 1% off of cars and a flat dollar amount on trucks.
Dec 6, 2018
44 posts
55 upvotes
KW
dolfan1980 wrote: I did consider used, but frankly I was having a hard time justifying ~35k for a 2-4 yr old vehicle with upwards of 100k km which seemed to real be what is available. I also admit that the negative views of the Odyssey from a reliability perspective I had read weighed heavily on my decision to buy new since I figured an ‘18 was a risk being the new model and having a full warranty was desirable.
I bought an ‘18 Ody EX new in summer of ‘17 for the same reason. It has been a great vehicle so far, zero issues.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2057 posts
885 upvotes
RFDBRIAN - if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for my 2019 Honda with just over 7000 KMs on it, can I buy it from you instead of the dealer that sold me the vehicle?
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
blakjak wrote: RFDBRIAN - if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for my 2019 Honda with just over 7000 KMs on it, can I buy it from you instead of the dealer that sold me the vehicle?
Yes, you can purchase the coverage from any dealership and does not have to be where you purchased your vehicle!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1426 posts
139 upvotes
Hey Brian. . . Anything in the wind that the .099% purchase financing & the $1,000 finance dollars deals will be extended past today Aug 31st 2020. . .
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
Moe Hunter wrote: Hey Brian. . . Anything in the wind that the .099% purchase financing & the $1,000 finance dollars deals will be extended past today Aug 31st 2020. . .
Are you speaking about the Civic? If so, I would bet that it continues since there is still a lot of inventory but I can’t guarantee it.
Dec 4, 2017
3 posts
4 upvotes
Hi all, I don't post on RFD often, but I just picked up my 2020 CRV EXL and wanted to give a shout out to Brian and Kevin at Oakville Honda. Found out about Brian from this thread and reached out to him over PM last week. Brian answered all of my questions and provided a lot of detail over emails. When I showed up to the dealership both him and Kevin were very professional and transparent, no usual car salesperson games, straight to the best deal available with full explanations of everything. By far the quickest and best experience I had leasing a car. Thanks to Brian and Kevin and thanks to the RFD community, I would not have reached out to Brian without reading the positive feedback in this thread.
Sep 27, 2016
108 posts
129 upvotes
Hi RFDBRIAN
We are looking at trading our 2016 civic ex and 2017 ex crv
For a pilot possibly. A dealer out west called and said 1.5% off our 3.99% currently for a new vehicle. We’d be interested in a touring or exl. With a warranty. Can you pm me some details so I have some ammo to go in with? Thanks a lot
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
Diggydiggy wrote: Hi RFDBRIAN
We are looking at trading our 2016 civic ex and 2017 ex crv
For a pilot possibly. A dealer out west called and said 1.5% off our 3.99% currently for a new vehicle. We’d be interested in a touring or exl. With a warranty. Can you pm me some details so I have some ammo to go in with? Thanks a lot
Honda has started to scale back on the loyalty incentive. 1.5% off cars, 1.5% off hr-v and cr-v, and 1% off the rest of the trucks.

The 1.5% he quoted you off of the 3.99% would have been correct yesterday, but they won't be able to honour that today. I'm not sure what the discounting would look like out west, but there is 7.5% markup in that Pilot. Pricing should be fairly easy, the issue will be what they give you for your 2 vehicles.
Feb 24, 2019
19 posts
62 upvotes
Hi RFDBRIAN,
We are looking to purchase a 2020 Honda Odyssey EX in MB. The dealerships are offering invoice +2.5-3%. Inventory seems quite limited. Does this seem like a good price? I was thinking about asking for them to include all weather mats in the price or asking if they could offer a deal on adding command start. What is a reasonable price for command start?

We’d also like to get the 7 year extended warranty, is it best to negotiate this at the time of purchase or can this be done after the purchase? Does it have to be purchased from local dealerships?
Should we wait for the 2021 EX-Res? Are there any additional features on the 2021 vs 2020? I’d actually prefer not to have the entertainment system but would consider getting the 2021 if there were better safety/ convienence features.
Thanks for your help!
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
ayxusd123 wrote: Hi RFDBRIAN,
We are looking to purchase a 2020 Honda Odyssey EX in MB. The dealerships are offering invoice +2.5-3%. Inventory seems quite limited. Does this seem like a good price? I was thinking about asking for them to include all weather mats in the price or asking if they could offer a deal on adding command start. What is a reasonable price for command start?

We’d also like to get the 7 year extended warranty, is it best to negotiate this at the time of purchase or can this be done after the purchase? Does it have to be purchased from local dealerships?
Should we wait for the 2021 EX-Res? Are there any additional features on the 2021 vs 2020? I’d actually prefer not to have the entertainment system but would consider getting the 2021 if there were better safety/ convienence features.
Thanks for your help!
I'm not sure how the market is in MB, but that sounds like a fair price, even for GTA standards. By command start did you mean remote start? If so, that comes standard on the LX model so you will not have to pay extra for that.

In terms of the warranty, you could negotiate that ahead of time so you could have a better idea of what you're walking into without feeling pressured to purchase it. It can be purchased at any Honda dealership.

If you're not keen on the rear entertainment system, I'd say to get your hands on the 2020 while you can, otherwise you'll end up spending more for nothing. There is a small update in the styling but nothing significant.
Sep 28, 2009
441 posts
244 upvotes
Hey RFDBRIAN,

Looking into getting the 2020 CRV Sport, and was wondering what is the best deal you've seen on these? Do you think we will be able to negotiate any discounts? For example, I know the LX has the 750 off right now but I'm not seeing it on the Sport model.

Thanks.
Oct 29, 2012
253 posts
155 upvotes
Oakville Honda
ngl wrote: Hey RFDBRIAN,

Looking into getting the 2020 CRV Sport, and was wondering what is the best deal you've seen on these? Do you think we will be able to negotiate any discounts? For example, I know the LX has the 750 off right now but I'm not seeing it on the Sport model.

Thanks.
You should still be able to get yourself a good deal on a sport. The $750 is from Honda Canada and they have removed it from the Sport (most popular trim) because it was selling too quickly. You can still receive a discount from MSRP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)