Boxing Day 2019 Deals

[Honey] Canada Goose Liquidation (Eaton Centre)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 11:54 pm
Jul 14, 2018
352 posts
399 upvotes
azndnangel wrote: Makes sense, didn't realize honey was a store
Same. I originally thought of the browser extension and figured someone found a really good coupon code for Canada Goose
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2528 posts
408 upvotes
GF got a full length 100% down-filled with a real fur hood thingy for $225 at Saks in Niagara. Really nice coat that retails for $700 and is definitely comparable or better than a Canada Goose coat.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: GF got a full length 100% down-filled with a real fur hood thingy for $225 at Saks in Niagara. Really nice coat that retails for $700 and is definitely comparable or better than a Canada Goose coat.
There is no such thing as 100% down. There's always going to be feathers.

What brand?
What fur?
What fill power?
What feather to down ratio?
Where was it made?
Where is the down sourced from?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2528 posts
408 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: There is no such thing as 100% down. There's always going to be feathers.

What brand?
What fur?
What fill power?
What feather to down ratio?
Where was it made?
Where is the down sourced from?
I dunno, look it up, Pajar “Bryce”
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: I dunno, look it up, Pajar “Military”
I see. Most people wouldn't say Pajar is comparable or better than CG. I think Military might be the colour of the jacket or the style named by Saks, not the style name from Pajar.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3833 posts
774 upvotes
Mississauga
DFS 360 wrote: GF got a full length 100% down-filled with a real fur hood thingy for $225 at Saks in Niagara. Really nice coat that retails for $700 and is definitely comparable or better than a Canada Goose coat.
When I hear full length, I think of this.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
Since Pajar jackets have a 1 yr warranty only, no wonder they're always discounted. Who would pay full price for them.
May 4, 2006
421 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
Wife was looking for CG parkas, had one before but just picked up an Arcteryx parka called Centrale. Got it for 725 after the Amplii discount and Sporting Life 20% off. Wifey loves it, its sleek and goretex, so completely waterproof.

Just incase anyone is open to something else rather than CG. I find Arc stuff quality on par or better than CG.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
11511 posts
6609 upvotes
scamit wrote: Wife was looking for CG parkas, had one before but just picked up an Arcteryx parka called Centrale. Got it for 725 after the Amplii discount and Sporting Life 20% off. Wifey loves it, its sleek and goretex, so completely waterproof.

Just incase anyone is open to something else rather than CG. I find Arc stuff quality on par or better than CG.
It depends really. I have Arc myself and while it’s an excellent coat, I was warmer in CG (the fur hood is money). Arc is fully waterproof and more breathable so in that regard it’s better but someone buying Arcteryx isn’t going to be looking at CG in the same way. For example most of their gear works with layering. If you’re active, you’re not looking at CG either. The tech in Arc is superior to CG.
May 4, 2006
421 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
JayLove06 wrote: It depends really. I have Arc myself and while it’s an excellent coat, I was warmer in CG (the fur hood is money). Arc is fully waterproof and more breathable so in that regard it’s better but someone buying Arcteryx isn’t going to be looking at CG in the same way. For example most of their gear works with layering. If you’re active, you’re not looking at CG either. The tech in Arc is superior to CG.
Your right, the fur hood is fantastic on the CG, much better than any of the hoods in the Arc 24 lifestyle lineup. Personally, I was ok with paying premium for Arc stuff for their "innovation", whereas, CG is the same as it is when I first got my coat almost 7 years ago. Not to say they have to change anything, their jackets are very warm, but living in Toronto, found the Arc stuff warm enough and benefit you can wear it during slushy/wet conditions as we've had last 2 days.
Dec 28, 2016
42 posts
16 upvotes
Some Mooseknuckles are 30% off at Sporting Life and at the Mooseknuckle Store.