Cell Phones

Is Honot 7x the best budget phone out there?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 10:25 pm
[OP]
Mar 24, 2017
123 posts
20 upvotes

Is Honot 7x the best budget phone out there?

edited out by accident, forgot what the original message was.
Last edited by AccountID on Mar 3rd, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1549 posts
3917 upvotes
Pawtucket
Great phone but I ultimately ended up selling mine. Some of the missing features were deal breakers for me
Pros:
-nice large 18:9 screen
-best fingerprint sensor imo
-premium build quality
-fantastic battery life

Cons:
-no dual band wifi
-hybrid sim tray meaning you can use either a 2nd sim or microSD card
-only 32 gb memory if you plan to use 2 sims
-only 2g data on 2nd sim
-micro USB

Huawei just released the Mate SE in the US which is only slightly more than the 7X. Phones are identical except the SE has 4gb RAM and 64gb memory which is a big improvement.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 3_fhd.html

Another phone to consider is the Blu Vivo X
https://www.amazon.com/BLU-VIVO-Display ... blu+vivo+x
It was on sale for $199 when first released so I suspect it will go on sale again.

or

ASUS ZenFone Max Plus M1
https://www.amazon.com/ZenFone-storage- ... e+max+plus
Its only 32gb but has separate slots for both sims and a microSD card.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4536 posts
318 upvotes
Using it for work, great phone. Only con for me is the lack of NFC which makes Android Pay useless on this phone.

A previous negative was that the phone was initially a bit laggy (software) but the most recent update has resolved that for me and the phone is very responsive now.
Dec 4, 2017
565 posts
249 upvotes
I strongly recommend the Moto G or E series, especially the "Plus" variants. One of the best budget handsets available right now is the Moto E4 Plus with its 5000 mAh battery. These Moto phones are frequently on flash 24-hour sale on USA-based Amazon or Best Buy.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1902 posts
612 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote: I strongly recommend the Moto G or E series, especially the "Plus" variants. One of the best budget handsets available right now is the Moto E4 Plus with its 5000 mAh battery. These Moto phones are frequently on flash 24-hour sale on USA-based Amazon or Best Buy.
double SIMs?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1549 posts
3917 upvotes
Pawtucket
Tichi wrote: Is not it a dealbreaker?
For me it wasn't because I use the other sim slot for my US sim.
Dec 4, 2017
565 posts
249 upvotes
Tichi wrote: double SIMs?
Not the main models available for good prices on USA Amazon or Best Buy. Dual SIM variants do exist, though. My 2013 Moto G has dual SIM support -- It was the Indian version and cost about $350 when the NA versions were $200. I still see that premium or newer models when I look occasionally. So, don't expect bargains for dual SIM.

Presently, I'd rather carry a tiny second phone or use VOIP-based service for a second carrier than limit myself to dual-SIM phones, but my purpose is simply to have a second number, not a second service as some people want.