• Jul 29th, 2020 11:36 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2020
320 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, On

hooks into concrete wall

Hello there

Sorry this is different post from the previous one (the solution was to use tension rod). Now this is different, I have concrete wall and I want to place some hooks in the wall. I have been watching many youtube videos. I do not have impact drill but normal drill. What is the best way to do mount hooks on the wall? I also watched a video that they use adhesive to mount a hook and it seems strong. I need mount some not to heavy stuff but heavy enough (like 1-5 lb). Please tell me if you have an experience with that.

THis vidoe for the adhesive

and this video, he use special nails

Thanks alot indeed.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3406 posts
2169 upvotes
Mississauga
Normal drill wont work. It all comes down to exactly what are you going to do with those hooks. Adhesive strips might work, but personally I always prefer things screwed in rather than glued on walls.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1440 posts
217 upvotes
Depending on the item, you can drill a pilot hole for a concrete screw (typically blue) and use that as your "hook". If it's spanning a larger space, you can screw in 2x4's into the concrete with the same screws and screw into the wood.

Just ensure you use the correct size masonry bit for the pilot hole and you should be good.