• Aug 6th, 2019 6:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2613 posts
1074 upvotes
Quebec

Hoping to sell used car in quebec

Hi everyone I would be interested, in trying to sell my GF car, as we would like to upgrade to a SUV.

she has about 15k left on the loan, and about 4 years.

Her car is a KIA rio 4 door sedans 2016.

How much you think we would be able to get and what would be the process to sell it, without passing by a dealership with the SAAQ immatriculations

Thanks
11 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11868 posts
4190 upvotes
Toronto
No body will buy a 3.5 yrs old Kia Rio for 15k.
Either keep driving it to the ground or take a lost if she wants to trade for a new car.

Check Hebdo.net or local kijiji to see how much others are selling and take that as a reference.
Personal guess, You will be lucky someone will pay 10k for it.

Also wonder why there is still a big 15k loan on a 3.5yrs Rio.....84 months 0% financing?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2613 posts
1074 upvotes
Quebec
MP3_SKY wrote: No body will buy a 3.5 yrs old Kia Rio for 15k.
Either keep driving it to the ground or take a lost if she wants to trade for a new car.

Check Hebdo.net or local kijiji to see how much others are selling and take that as a reference.
Personal guess, You will be lucky someone will pay 10k for it.

Also wonder why there is still a big 15k loan on a 3.5yrs Rio.....84 months 0% financing?
She got ducked on her previous car that started to break so she changed car, and still had a loan to pay :p
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3387 posts
2190 upvotes
Montreal
Asking price on Kijiji is around $11k, looks like you are stuck with it.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14926 posts
9332 upvotes
Toronto
ratatapa wrote: She got ducked on her previous car that started to break so she changed car, and still had a loan to pay :p
Good thing this is not your wife yet, you still have time to remove yourself from this future financial disaster.......

Might you be interesting in buying a new car? PM me.

Other than /s and humour I can only suggest to listen to the wise post above.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11868 posts
4190 upvotes
Toronto
Tell her to stop thinking about "upgrade" when she is still not paying off her existing car. It looks like she already did that once prior getting the Rio, she is just keeping rolling the balance of the loan to the new car and her debt is just getting bigger and bigger.

She shouldn't finance that Rio if she is those type of people who always want to have a new ride. She should have just lease it, but I guess she cannot because if the previous car loan roll over to Rio's car payments.

If I'm OP, I will just tell her to Stop and paying off the damn car first before she is entitle of an "upgrade"
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3143 posts
1909 upvotes
Pothole city
Crazy how people get screw in crazy finance "deal"...
Max finance is 60 month. Past that, you're car will always be worth less than what you owe.
Carrying a balloon on from loan to loan, is the worst decision you can make... right after paying minimum on your credit card balance.
Buying a property in GVA in the past 24 months was also pretty questionable...

Like many said. Drive the car until it dies or loan=0. If you get lucky, a small fender bender and the insurance will totalled the car.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3799 posts
2530 upvotes
Edmonton
MP3_SKY wrote: push the car or the gf? Face With Tears Of Joy
j/k
Now that you mention it, push the car with the gf in it might be a better option but without pics of the gf, I don't want to jump the gun on that one.