horrible experince at Visions

had a bad experience at visions
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7917 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto
jedi_09 wrote: I had always wanted to buy a big screen tv from Visions for several reasons. First, I have had horrible customer service from Best Buy and Future Shop in the past and didn't want them to get a dime of my money. Second, I like the fact that Visions is a Western Canadian company so I wanted to support it. Third, I have always had pretty good customer service from your store when I purchased things in the past. Fifth, you beat any competitors price by 5%. And finally, I really like your extended warranties because if I don't end up using it, I get the money back in store credit.

All that being said, visions charges a 15% re-stocking fee if I open the box and test it out. I had wanted to try it out for a bit in case it wasn't what I wanted. So I bought it from Best Buy initially so that I could do so.
this part here is hard to understand:
-You hate bb/fs cuz of horrible customer service which is exactly what u received from visions
-BB beats any comp's price by 10% of the difference, unless visions means 5% of the total
-you love extended warranties cuz they give u store credit, YET throughout your story you declined it and absolutely had no intent to buy it..
-You know that visions charges 15% so u decide to take advantage of bb's return policy, wtf is up with that

Seriously, i think the only reason why u shopped at visions was so that you could take advantage of their 5% price match, despite all the weird assumptions you made. Worst part is you said u would think about the warranty and then when he gives it to you, u act shocked as if you didnt know what a warranty was. Esp you wanting free shipping on top of the price match? your just asking for too much, esp if all your getting is a tv without any accessories.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14161 posts
3368 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
LOL, you deserve what you got for buying at BB to test out, knowing full well you're going to return it :lol: . Karma rocks.

And ditto to what the previous post says.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2915 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
if you were going to squeeze them out of the last penny then you probably deserved the service you got. i mean why would any one want to serve you when they are loosing money on you, i mean its like paying you to take their product.
HEATWARE & RFD feedback
I do not sell here to make money. I am simply selling stuff I no longer use. I am flexible with pricing as I want you to get good value for your money. If offering a lower than asking price please be reasonable with your offerings. Thanks.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
You drove an hour and a half + gas + car usage + your time arguing + time writing an email + time on phone with manager to save 5% on $618?? (~$30)

Wow! :|
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14161 posts
3368 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> You drove an hour and a half + gas + car usage + your time arguing + time writing an email + time on phone with manager to save 5% on $618?? (~$30)

No, he did it because he likes the bad service he gets at Visions more than the bad service (such as the customer rep refunding him even more money than he expected) he gets at Best Buy.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2168 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
I have purchased a few things from visions before including my 42 LG Plasma. They price protected and gave me the 5% deal over 30 days later with a lower price a Futureshop, they sent me a gift card from the head office. I think that after 30 days you get a gift card, which was ok with me.

I have never had a problem with them in Kamloops Location.

I think Karma bit you in the a$$ on this one.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3315 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
i gotta quote this before you make changes to it.

everything you wrote is so contradicting.

BB clearly offered better service this time, so buy from BB. Vision clearly, just pulled a FS/BB on you! :cheesygri
jedi_09 wrote: I had always wanted to buy a big screen tv from Visions for several reasons. First, I have had horrible customer service from Best Buy and Future Shop in the past and didn't want them to get a dime of my money. Second, I like the fact that Visions is a Western Canadian company so I wanted to support it. Third, I have always had pretty good customer service from your store when I purchased things in the past. Fifth, you beat any competitors price by 5%. And finally, I really like your extended warranties because if I don't end up using it, I get the money back in store credit.

All that being said, visions charges a 15% re-stocking fee if I open the box and test it out. I had wanted to try it out for a bit in case it wasn't what I wanted. So I bought it from Best Buy initially so that I could do so.

well i just had to most horrible experience. i went to BB to get price protection for my samsung tv that i bought last week that is now on sale for $699. the CSR said "you are in luck, it is actually on sale for an unadvertised price of $618" so im happy and took my money.

Like i said, i hate BB and like visions much better, so i wanted to get it from there and later return the one from BB. (not to mention i want the 60 price protection) so i called up Visions. I wasn't sure if they would match an unadvertised price but i thought they might since i had a receipt.

so i called up and got a hold of a staff member who said he talked it over with his manager and they would beat the price if i brought in the receipt. i specifically said, "i really want to make sure that you will do this because i dont wanna drive 45 mins to find out that you wont" he said there would be no problem and that they had 4 in stock.

so i was very excited and made my way to visions. i arrive in the store and look around for a young guy (thinking i would find the guy i was talking to. stupid me i forgot to ask his name). i tell one guy that i had called earlier about a PM and would like to buy the tv. i show him the receipt and he says "wow no i dont think we will" so i told him to ask his manager cuz i just called about it.

so i meet Francis, the floor manager. i show him the receipt and he looks at the price and says no way. so im getting pretty upset cuz this is EXACTLY what i didnt want to have happen. he says best buy's online price is $699. and i say "i know, this is an unadvertised price. go call them if you dont believe me. here is my receipt." i keep telling him to call BB but he never does.

he keeps saying the price is too low and that if they beat it, they wouldn't make any money. i say "well it isnt my fault your policy says you will beat the price by 5%. if you have a policy you should be prepared to honor it" he asks me who told me they would PM and i said i dont know but it was a young guy who was working within 2 hours from now. (there are only 6 staff members on duty, shouldn't be that hard to find).

so he tells me to wait and he will talk to this guy. we wait and i see him walk around talking to staff members. he comes back and says that he cant find the guy and that the price is below cost so they wont PM. (just let me tell you this guy is soooooooo rude. never once said he was sorry that i came all the way out there or sorry that someone had misinformed me. he just condescendingly told me to go buy it from BB). i told him i ALREADY bought it from BB, hence the reciept!

so get this, he says "well if you already got it for that price why would you want to get it here?" i look at him in amazement. "are you serious? why WOULDN'T i want you to beat the price? why WOULDN'T i want to get it cheaper? that is ********!" so he says, "well we don't beat unadvertised prices, how do we know your receipt is real? we need proof" so now i am getting upset, not only is he being rude but now he is accusing me of fraud!
"well then you shouldn't have told me that you would. and you have proof! here is the reciept, go call BB if you don't believe me!!!"

so he asks me if i want to buy anything other than the tv, warranty, pvr, hdmi cables, brackets. i tell him i might want the warranty (i knew i didnt want it but i knew he would give me some slack if i said i might).

he comes back 5 mins later and says "well i am not supposed to give you this deal without my manager's approval but so that i dont disappoint you, i will sell it to you for $618." so i know it isnt the extra 5% but i really dont care about the 5% i really just wanted the 60 day price protection. so we go up to the till and he rings it in for $618. then he adds a 4 year warranty ($219.99) without asking me and tells me the total is $972.15. i look at him and wonder why it is so high. i look at the screen and say "i dont want a 4 year warranty" so he asks how many years i want. i tell him i dont want any. so he then says he cant sell it to me without a warranty. so i tell him to go get his GM.

so he tells me to wait again and that he will call his manager. so we wait.... and wait...... so i get impatient and ask a staff member if he can call the Gm cuz i have been waiting for about 15 mins. he says the GM isnt in the store, that he went home for the night. so i go up to Francis, who by the way has been selling DVD players to some people while he was "helping me". I ask him where the GM is and why hasn't he at least talked to the guy who i talked to on the phone. he says he cant get a hold of the GM and that he cant find the guy who i talked to. he says he cant do anything without his GM's approval. so i say well can i go look for this guy cuz there arent too many guys in here. he says fine. so i find the guy, michael is his name. took me all of 5 mins. and he had heard all about what was going on.

he was a really sweet kid. very apologetic and polite. i really have no beef with him. he had great customer service. he said he screwed up and that apparently they dont PM unadvertised prices. so i told him that i totally understand why they wouldnt but that i had called ahead and now i am upset that i had to come all the way out here. so i asked how i could prove it was the real price? he said he wasnt sure but that he would leave a note with the GM and that if i hadnt been contacted by 1pm (when his shift started the next day), that he would personally talk to the GM and make sure i was called. he said he was really sorry and appreciated me being calm and polite about the situation. he said he would plead my case and hopefully get the PM for me.

so i tell Francis that i will be talking to the GM and i leave.

so in the end, i am happy that i got the TV for $618. however, i am absolutely furious with Visions. what horrible customer service. not a single apology from Francis. grrrrrrrrrrrr!! the GM will call me tomorrow and ill just let him know what a horrible floor manager he has.

i ended up emailing the GM cuz i have laryngitis and am losing my voice. today the GM emails me back saying that they will give me the tv for $618 and let me have 25% off any tv accessories (so they can make up the loss with their crazy mark ups on accessories)

im not really impressed with this. i accept their apology but they should have offered this to me at the store that night. if they had offered me $618 and free shipping to my house then i think i might be interested.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4373 posts
209 upvotes
Sorry, you are in the wrong here.

from visions.ca:

[QUOTE]If you are making a purchase at one of our retail stores, please show us a copy of the competitors advertisement with the lower price. Your sales associate will verify that the product is in-stock and available for sale at the competitor’s store, and meets the conditions as described below, and then will beat the price by 5%.[/QUOTE]

BB is selling the TV for $699. I don't know how you got it for $618, sounds fishy...was it open box? Think about it, you could go back and forth PMing until you got the TV for free.

Nice to know they will beat any price by 5%, I assumed it was a 5% of the difference thing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9150 posts
2155 upvotes
You went to all this trouble and in the end got the same price as you would at BestBuy. Think about it, if they gave you this much trouble just trying to match BB's price, imagine the trouble that you will have getting it lower (if you find a lower price) in the next 60 days.

BB was honest and gave you the best price and they deserved the sale.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5089 posts
743 upvotes
I'd a thrown you outta my store for crap like that. You're very lucky to get any deal thrown at you at all. Don't you have anything interesting in life to do?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2007
1590 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you have dealt with some particular bad apples, have you considered your bad experiences with CS might be because of your attitude?
Feb 16, 2005
792 posts
299 upvotes
I love it when people come on here and post this long dramatic story about how bad a company is when its themselves that are the problem. To do all that leg work to save the 5% is insane. Plus, everyone knows Visions is bankrolled by Ferengis. And everyone knows if you are doing business with a Ferengi, you are going to come out on the short end of the stick.
Feb 16, 2005
792 posts
299 upvotes
jedi_09 wrote: im not really impressed with this. i accept their apology but they should have offered this to me at the store that night. if they had offered me $618 and free shipping to my house then i think i might be interested.
Maybe you would be happy if they came and made you chicken noodle soup as well? But only if they paid for the soup right? haha
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2007
1074 posts
130 upvotes
GTA
You bought the TV from Best Buy and are going to return it after using it solely on the fact that you hate them?
Complete douchecery. Good job making them lose money. Good job taking their customer service for advantage; the sales clerk gave you a BETTER price.

You drove all that way to get a price protection? I think you lost the money you saved in the end and watch the price of the TV not go down.

Good job OP.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13023 posts
4109 upvotes
GTA
Lol at the way this post backfired on the OP.

I stopped reading after the 2nd paragraph. No capitals is nearly as bad as all capitals. Learn to use the SHIFT key at the start of sentences.
Oct 14, 2008
455 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote: LOL, you deserve what you got for buying at BB to test out, knowing full well you're going to return it :lol: . Karma rocks.

And ditto to what the previous post says.
...I like rabbits.

Anyways.. :lol:

Isn't that a bit much work just for a few measly dollars on a TV?
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
24 upvotes
the op probably buys toys for kids lets them play with it for an hour than returns it
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9062 posts
2767 upvotes
Buying it from bb, returning it to bb, driving 90 min..for $30 off a $600 tv? Who could be bothered with that? Even after getting an unexpected deal. I could see iit if you were really buying the warranty and wanted teh refund if you didn't use it...but when you declined that I really dont understand at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)