Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

*HOT* $89.99 for all Iphone 5S and $25 for Iphone 5C at Superstore Mobileshop

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2014 12:04 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Wow you guys are so smart. You're the only ones who know about subsidized phones, that carriers raised monthly fees to counter lower contract lengths, that prices are outrageous, etc. I'm sure you also know that Wind has spotty reception and phone subsidies, the carriers always match each other's prices, other deals are location specific, and the plan you're bragging about is most likely a retention one.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
lofony wrote: I got my 5s at apple store for $100 when I renewed my contract with Fido last December.
I dont know about their plans but this is a hot price to me..... Definitely will go and check it out.

How much is your contract? Fido currently has a decent $44 plan with 512 megs and 5 pm and evenings and weekends, and lots of daytime minutes. That costs a bit over $1000 over a 2 year period. You can get a really nice $700 phone for the money you save, and most are less than $400.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Wow you guys are so smart. You're the only ones who know about subsidized phones, that carriers raised monthly fees to counter lower contract lengths, that prices are outrageous, etc. I'm sure you also know that Wind has spotty reception and phone subsidies, the carriers always match each other's prices, other deals are location specific, and the plan you're bragging about is most likely a retention one.
You compare these contracts with month to month BYOD deals that pop up every so often, and you realize how embarrassingly bad these free or subsidized phones deals really are.
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
54 upvotes
Richmond
bridonca wrote: This is not a hot deal. This is clear misrepresentation. This is NOT an $89 phone. It is an $89 phone with a $1600+ minimum contract commitment, and a very poor contract at that! The minimum contact price should also be put in the heading. OP seemed to use the space to declare this hot with asterisks, when this is clearly not a hot deal!
For all of You who are crying and flaming.

Option 1 = Get a phone on a contract.

- $80 X 24 months = $1920 + Iphone 5s with 2 years 90 = $2010
Get unlimited calling with no more ridiculous long distance charges. I've seen a lot when customers tried to called in and say they don't know about it. IE Whistler is not lower mainland.

Option 2 = get around $60 plan and buy a phone outright.

- $60*24 = $1440
- Buy a phone outright = $720
- Total = $2160
=====================

I always tell customers or my friends to go on a contract because you are saving money.
Plus you don't need to spend the $720 upfront cost which you can use those money on something else.
=====================

And I'm not advertising myself. I work at the Call centre in the Metrotower . It is a good deal on the phone. People still going to sign a 2 year contract anyway. Doesnt matter if its $60 plan or $80 plan.
Thanks for those people who liked my post and thanks for those people for understanding instead of flaming like the uneducated people.
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
54 upvotes
Richmond
sorry. You are in the eastern side of Canada. Western Canada doesnt have plans like that.

Actually You guys always have better deals in everything even groceries.
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
54 upvotes
Richmond
I dont have unlimited data. I only have 6 GB as an employee plan but I can call and answers call in the USA but not data roaming.
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
The big three are good for certain people.
As an example, I love my data. I cannot live without it. I tried reducing to 1 gig in the past but hated the months I went over despite being paranoid about using my data. I've tried mobilicity and after finding out that reception for phone calls just wasn't good for places that I needed to talk from plus for some reason no access for anything in my work building (compared to getting reception and data in 1 corner of my office) plus tethering my laptop game the times I tried was just frustrating I decided to stick with my $55 6gig plan with fido. It includes data taking text etc all the things I need.
Having decided that, I could either go in a 2 year plan with subsidized phone, or buy a phone outright and go month to month and since you have to pay either way I don't see the downside on subsidizing. Im paying $55 a month versus saving $5.50 per month if I bring my own device which over 2 years isn't much of a savings.
I'm paying the same amt with fido on a 2 year plan that I used to pay on a 3 year plan with exactly the same features so I think the change to 2 year plans from 3 has been beneficial.
Anyway just saying that this could be a good deal for certain people who actually want to be with the big 3 for a particular reason and want an iPhone
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
Ryes wrote: The big three are good for certain people.
As an example, I love my data. I cannot live without it. I tried reducing to 1 gig in the past but hated the months I went over despite being paranoid about using my data. I've tried mobilicity and after finding out that reception for phone calls just wasn't good for places that I needed to talk from plus for some reason no access for anything in my work building (compared to getting reception and data in 1 corner of my office) plus tethering my laptop game the times I tried was just frustrating I decided to stick with my $55 6gig plan with fido. It includes data taking text etc all the things I need.
Having decided that, I could either go in a 2 year plan with subsidized phone, or buy a phone outright and go month to month and since you have to pay either way I don't see the downside on subsidizing. Im paying $55 a month versus saving $5.50 per month if I bring my own device which over 2 years isn't much of a savings.
I'm paying the same amt with fido on a 2 year plan that I used to pay on a 3 year plan with exactly the same features so I think the change to 2 year plans from 3 has been beneficial.
Anyway just saying that this could be a good deal for certain people who actually want to be with the big 3 for a particular reason and want an iPhone
wait I should add if you have to be on a 90$ plan then it's not a good deal lol! Just read some other posts above more carefully
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
chukurific wrote: Wrong. Wind uses both the T-Mobile and AT&T networks in the USA.
Whoops. YOu're right. I was thinking of Roam Mobility. Sorry y'all
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2077 posts
105 upvotes
bridonca wrote: How much is your contract? Fido currently has a decent $44 plan with 512 megs and 5 pm and evenings and weekends, and lots of daytime minutes. That costs a bit over $1000 over a 2 year period. You can get a really nice $700 phone for the money you save, and most are less than $400.
My plan is $50 canada wide plan + 6gb data - $10 credit = 70 a month
2014 Perth Mint God of Olympus - Hades - $320 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
2013 Glass Butterfly - $190 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
RogersVivian wrote: For all of You who are crying and flaming.

Option 1 = Get a phone on a contract.

Option 2 = get around $60 plan and buy a phone outright.

I always tell customers or my friends to go on a contract because you are saving money.
Plus you don't need to spend the $720 upfront cost which you can use those money on something else.
Option 3 = Buy a less expensive phone, like a Moto G ($150), BB Q5 ($150) or even an iPhone 4S ($300) outright and subscribe to a prepaid service like Koodo that offers Canada-wide minutes and data that rolls over. Save $1500 or more. My family of 3 spent about $600 on mobile phones last year, including the purchase of a Nexus 4 and a Nokia Lumia 620 that should last several years.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
OP makes a strong case for why ppl in Corporate Communications Department are usually only allowed to issue press release and answer questions with the public. Everyone else working in other departments should just push all inquiries to professional and let them do their jobs.

mr/mrs rogers employee...just post deals. Most of the time you can't win all the opinions on RFD. People will hate Rogers no matter what.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
retrothing wrote: Option 3 = Buy a less expensive phone, like a Moto G ($150), BB Q5 ($150) or even an iPhone 4S ($300) outright and subscribe to a prepaid service like Koodo that offers Canada-wide minutes and data that rolls over. Save $1500 or more.
Option 4, use a payphone.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
Tabooger wrote: That's implied, no one in their right mind expects to get an iphone for $90. This thread wouldn't be 2 pages if that were the case.
you are giving RFD members and lurkers way too much credit
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
The Mobile Shop i just talked to said this is available for all carriers. true?
Apr 20, 2012
307 posts
295 upvotes
Edmonton
Not a terrible deal if you are wanting to sign a contract. Of course if you are buying the phone outright, it would make no sense to go on a Rogers plan anyways. Might as well go with Fido and pay less for a similar plan.

Option 1 (As previously mentioned) : $80 X 24 months = $1920 + Iphone 5s with 2 years 90 = $2010

Fido: $44 x 24= $1056+ Outright cost of iphone ($720)=$1776

The $44 plan comes with 500 MB of data too but with 500 min vs unlimited calling.
Jun 20, 2008
338 posts
479 upvotes
Winnipeg
Stormflurry wrote: Not a terrible deal if you are wanting to sign a contract. Of course if you are buying the phone outright, it would make no sense to go on a Rogers plan anyways. Might as well go with Fido and pay less for a similar plan.

Option 1 (As previously mentioned) : $80 X 24 months = $1920 + Iphone 5s with 2 years 90 = $2010

Fido: $44 x 24= $1056+ Outright cost of iphone ($720)=$1776

The $44 plan comes with 500 MB of data too but with 500 min vs unlimited calling.
Fido actually has a 10% bring your own device savings so then you'd be saving an additional $4.40 per month or another $105.60 over the 2 years.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
iphone 5s and 500mb data plan don't go together very well ;)
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
54 upvotes
Richmond
retrothing wrote: Option 3 = Buy a less expensive phone, like a Moto G ($150), BB Q5 ($150) or even an iPhone 4S ($300) outright and subscribe to a prepaid service like Koodo that offers Canada-wide minutes and data that rolls over. Save $1500 or more. My family of 3 spent about $600 on mobile phones last year, including the purchase of a Nexus 4 and a Nokia Lumia 620 that should last several years.
Sorry no one wants old phones. Thats a fact. even elementary kids are getting an IPhone or a samsung. like WTF right? Thats just the way we are living in. Pay whatever to get the latest or the newest gadgets out there.
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
54 upvotes
Richmond
thelefteyeguy wrote: Option 4, use a payphone.
Option 5 = use a land line phone.

option 6 = dont use a phone

Option 7 = use a pager

Im a girl. yes u get my point. I'm not pleasing everyone im just trying to educated them a bit. All companies have negatives and positives comments

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)