Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

ASUS EEE Pad Transformer 16GB price dropped to $299

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2012 9:16 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2321 posts
393 upvotes
North York

[Best Buy] ASUS EEE Pad Transformer 16GB price dropped to $299

Probably one of the best, if not the best Android tablet available out there that is equipped with Tegra 2 chip. It's sibling, ASUS EEE Pad Transformer prime just came out (Tegra 3) which explains the price drop :P

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Pro ... 173364.jpg[/IMG]

Link to FS: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... cf2963en02

Link to BB: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResu ... ecure=True

Expect other retailers to follow-suit soon since ASUS EEE Pad Transformer 2nd Generation just came out (Tegra 3 tablet) :)
31 replies
Aug 4, 2007
105 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal
sold out on both website :(

edit: seems local store still have it
Jul 6, 2010
58 posts
6 upvotes
For those who are patient enough to wait after christmas, I believe Canada Computers once had it for 239$ with adapter/docking at 65$.
So knowing the Prime comes out soon(if not already out), it's highly likely that the 230-ish price will become standard after christmas & boxing day sales.
Jan 18, 2004
350 posts
60 upvotes
Went to StOOpleS this morning to get one they only had 4 and were sold out by the time I got there. Went home, ordered from visions.ca for $1 less, free shipping + got Airmiles.
Mar 5, 2009
71 posts
3 upvotes
I went to pick up something at FS this morning and they have plenty of TF101 in stock (Gloucester).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone know if the docking station is on sale as well
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Will probably be $199 on Boxing day
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
it's just one day sale, but i would expect the same or even lower on boxing day :lol:
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
danzerino wrote: Will probably be $199 on Boxing day

doubt that, BB BF was 249 and very limited
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2761 posts
882 upvotes
Any word on this getting the ICS update?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
4182 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
If you're waiting on the Prime, NCIX is saying won't see till after x-mas. Wifi range/speed issue with the first batch. I would expect to see more news on this Monday.
Oct 23, 2008
34 posts
3 upvotes
tmarkbrodeer wrote: For those who are patient enough to wait after christmas, I believe Canada Computers once had it for 239$ with adapter/docking at 65$.
So knowing the Prime comes out soon(if not already out), it's highly likely that the 230-ish price will become standard after christmas & boxing day sales.

Memory Express, and they only had 3 per store.
Aug 12, 2006
409 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
i lucked out during the staples door crasher this past saturday.

just sharing a story

I took the staples flyer to walmart to try and get a pricematch because i missed out on the early morning doorcrasher rush.
The guy showed me the asus tablet but the box was pretty heavy and it was $500 at walmart.
he called his manager because he wasnt sure if they pm'd door crashers and after comparing the model number on staples flyer with box (it said tf101) they pricematched it.

Later i find out at home the walmart one comes with the docking station. so i scored the asus and dock/kybd combo all for $299 plus i used the giftcard i needed to get rid of - made it a nice gift for $230

Go figure.

Can i get a "cool story bro"?

EDIT: BTW ... the lady behind me saw me pm and followed my lead and picked up the last one after me. Dont know if she realized it was the combo pack either.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
2290 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a better tablet than the bb playbook? Wondering if I should gift this as a x-mas present over the pb instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
3011 posts
848 upvotes
$399 for the 16Gb everywhere I looked (Staples, FS, BB)
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
da1nonly_jsa wrote: i lucked out during the staples door crasher this past saturday.

just sharing a story

I took the staples flyer to walmart to try and get a pricematch because i missed out on the early morning doorcrasher rush.
The guy showed me the asus tablet but the box was pretty heavy and it was $500 at walmart.
he called his manager because he wasnt sure if they pm'd door crashers and after comparing the model number on staples flyer with box (it said tf101) they pricematched it.

Later i find out at home the walmart one comes with the docking station. so i scored the asus and dock/kybd combo all for $299 plus i used the giftcard i needed to get rid of - made it a nice gift for $230

Go figure.

Can i get a "cool story bro"?

EDIT: BTW ... the lady behind me saw me pm and followed my lead and picked up the last one after me. Dont know if she realized it was the combo pack either.

#*^$#&$^#$#&$#*^%*$&#$^#$&#&$^#^$(#

Sorry for my rant ... I went to WM on Monday to PM with Memory Express $399 bundle ... WM had only one left which was the tablet. However, the box is extremely heavy. It was like 3 to 4 times heavier than the tablet itself. The clerk OK with PM but he can't find the KB box so he said he has no KB box and I walked home empty handed.

Now your story is cool but made me realized that box would probably has the keyboard inside.
Oct 19, 2009
637 posts
44 upvotes
Good luck finding these in stores. I know at my local Future Shop they price matched Staples for their Door Crasher. They were clean out of 16GB by noon
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
is there AD out there with $299? Most of them are back to $399.

I just need an AD to PM.

Thanks and cheers,